"ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011
Oct 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #18 of 66

Quote:
Hi All --

Count me in again for this year.  Last year's was my first and a definite highlight!  Will be bringing my friend Dan too.  Gear to be determined...

Motomatt

Looking forward to seeing you again as well as the rest of the group.  It is always a great time to meet old friends and meet new ones.

I have updated the ChiUniFi Facebook page.  I still have a couple of possible friends I am waiting to hear from.  

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114992771884243/

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 66
Amplifier:         RSA Apache
DAC:                PS Audio PWD
Source:            Laptop running JR Rivers Media Center 16
Headphones:  Beyerdynamic T1 (balanced w/Zeus Cable)
Accessory:      Blue Circle Audio Juice One

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #22 of 66
Just to let everyone know, in addition to their generous donation to the raffle, Head-Direct / HiFiMan are sending their prototype EF6 preamp / headphone amplifier along with a pair of HE-6s for attendees to audition.  We'll also have available to audition their HE-500 and HE-300.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #23 of 66
I can't believe the fifth annual ChiUniFi is just two weeks away.  

I may end up not bring too much as there won't be room in my car (smaller vehicle than last year) with the raffle prizes.  I do have to say thanks to all of our friends who are helping ensure there will be another ChiUniFi.

However, the most important part of all of this is the community of Head-Fiers who get together to share their personal stuff along with the interaction of one another.  I for one spend more of my time talking with fellow head-fiers attending.  

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #24 of 66
I just heard from HeadRoom and they are sending me in addition to a special raffle prize, a BUDA/UDAC stack for attending head-fiers to get a chance to listen to.  

With the HeadRoom BUDA/UDAC as well as the HiFiMan EF6, I will not plan on bringing any amplifer myself. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #25 of 66
On the pair of HE-300's Head-Direct / HiFiMan sent for attendees to audition at the meet, Fang has offered to let an attendee have a longer term audition after the meet in return for just posting a review on Head-fiers.  If you are interested, please drop me a PM here.

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #26 of 66

Quote:
On the pair of HE-300's Head-Direct / HiFiMan sent for attendees to audition at the meet, Fang has offered to let an attendee have a longer term audition after the meet in return for just posting a review on Head-fiers.  If you are interested, please drop me a PM here.

once again, a very generous gesture from Fang.  Wish he could attend the meet.  He's such a nice guy.

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #27 of 66
Ill be there this year.  Had a great time last year and got try out some awesome systems.  For what i can bring this year...

Emu 0404 usb
Bottlehead crack
Senn hd-600
beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #28 of 66
Half day of work confirmed! Will be my first event, and Im thrilled to hear some of this gear. I will bring my Grado HF-2's.

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #29 of 66
Hi All,

With just over a week to go, if you were on the fence about attending, I thought I would let you know what is scheduled to be in the raffle this year from our friends. I will list our friends and their donation:

Head-Direct / HiFiMan
  1. HE-500
  2. HE-300
  3. RE-262
  4. RE0 (2 pairs)

Frost Audio
  1. Pure Silver Black Frost Headphone Cable for LCD2 or LCD3
  2. 1 pair of Frost Audio RCA interconnects

Tone Audio
  1. 2 $37.50 Gift Certificate from Music Direct (album of your choice)

WyWires
  1. 1 of their LITESPD Digital USB Interfaces cable
  2. 1 pair of their Line In Interconnect cable

Ray Samuels Audio
  1. Black Hornet

Sound Earhones
  1. $150 Gift Certificate for anything on their website

Positive Feedback & Black Cat
  1. Morpheus speaker jumper cables

Double Helix Cables
  1. DHC "Molecule" headphone cable for the HiFiMan line using the mini-coaxial connectors
  2. 12" DHC Macromolecule interconnect with a kumihimo braid 

TR Audio
  1.  Hippo Shroom-EB

Todd The Vinyl Junkie
  1. 2 Gift Certificates, each for any $30 or less Vinyl LP

Spider Cable
  1. 2 pairs of their realvoice IEM

Woo Audio
  1. 2 Gift Certificates for the greater of $150 or 3% off any amplifier purchased

Comply Foam Tips
  1. 6 sets of their foam tips using latest their latest technology
  2. Special Online Discount Coupon for all attendees

Grant Fidelity
  1. their new 24/192 TubeDAC-11

HeadRoom
  1. 1 Special Clear Edition Total Airhead
  2. 1 Special Clear Edition Total Bithead

JH Audio
  1. Gift Certificate for a pair of JH5Pro

Beyerdynamic
  1. 1 pair of DT880 Headphones

On Song Audio Distribution and Digital & Analog Co. Ltd
  1. Calyz Coffee with a 24/96 Asynchronous USB DAC using ESS Technology ES9023  

As you can see there are great raffle prizes this year.  Please be sure to thank our friends as they really help support ChiUniFi this year.

Nov 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #30 of 66
Thanks to all our friends for the donations.

Last year was my first meet and I won some cool prizes.  Can't wait and looking forward to listening to some great setups this year.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back