"ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011
Oct 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
 ​
For the fifth year..
 ​
 ​
Post 1: The event of ChiUniFi​
Post 2:  raffle, gear, members​
Post 3:          Updates     ​

Yesterday and Today..
For the Fifth year in a row Chi-Uni-Fi continues to go on and keeps getting better. Everyone in Chicago has helped and has seen this event succeed to the next year.
With the help of our friends (mot, companies) we have raised enough money from raffle tickets to just keep chugging on.

Day / Time:
This year we are going for the 11am to 5pm on the 12th of November. We have the room all day though so if we want we can continue on well past 5pm. Usually people want to make it home early and start taking down the gear at 4:30ish.

Who can come and what the admission price is:
The same exact rules apply that were posted in the ChiUniFi thread from 2007 . we can fit in about 30-35 people this year, if the list and demand is greater i will go back to the location and see how many more this event can hold. anyone who is attending will need to be on the list so i know how much space, food, panache, etc will be needed. there never is any admission price as there was not in 2007, but again remember this event is paid for by the raffle and so will any future events. anyone who wants to donate to the raffle then pm me or Audio Addict! any company or member of trade who wants to show up pm me or Audio Addict.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
1110 Willow Road
Northbrook, IL 60062​
 ​
 ​
Description of the Location:
I will update this as we go on. For now I can say we have a private meeting room with our own entrance and exit. The room is called "Willow" and we should have 1300 feet of space with plenty of outlets. There is Parking right in front of our own entrance.​
Parking is free and load in and load out of the gear should be easy as can be.​
 ​
 ​
The front entrance, we will not use this way. This picture is so you know you have the right place!​
 ​
 ​
This is the back entrance, this connects directly to our room.​
Drive around to the back of the building till you see this!​

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 66
Years back whent he first Chi-Uni-Fi happened Head-fi totally crashed like a week or two before the event was to happen. I had a Myspace page set up long before but never really mentioned it out in the forums. Of course the forums were still down at the time of the event and at least a few days after. Funny thing is we all had a great turn out, mostly because people went out on Myspace and even Facebook back then to reach each other and spread the info on the location and time.

No i always had a personal rule with Chi-Uni which is I only really talk about it on these forums. Mostly to keep it easy for me having it all in one place and to respect and direct the traffic at Head-Fi. Of course in this day and age (5 years later) social networking sites like Facebook are just there and everyone is pretty much on them but they don't really go on them or use them for info...like the yellow pages, everyone has one but not to many can name the last time they opened one up. So personally i would suggest everyone to like the facebook Chi-Uni-Fi page (and head-fis page) just in case all hell breaks loose and you need some directions or contact info the last second.

Steve has been handling the Facebook page and as you can see he already has the friends listed with the donations up there (he fast like that, and i am really slow like that). In the coming weeks this thread on Head-Fi will be the spot to talk about the even and see what gear other members are bringing and what other members are attending. So 5 years later we have two great places to visit, we have the official thread here on Head-fi and we have Facebook.

Shows how times have changed in the last 5 years...I am getting old!

haha thanks Steve!

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 66

Quote:
Years back whent he first Chi-Uni-Fi happened Head-fi totally crashed like a week or two before the event was to happen. I had a Myspace page set up long before but never really mentioned it out in the forums. Of course the forums were still down at the time of the event and at least a few days after. Funny thing is we all had a great turn out, mostly because people went out on Myspace and even Facebook back then to reach each other and spread the info on the location and time.

No i always had a personal rule with Chi-Uni which is I only really talk about it on these forums. Mostly to keep it easy for me having it all in one place and to respect and direct the traffic at Head-Fi. Of course in this day and age (5 years later) social networking sites like Facebook are just there and everyone is pretty much on them but they don't really go on them or use them for info...like the yellow pages, everyone has one but not to many can name the last time they opened one up. So personally i would suggest everyone to like the facebook Chi-Uni-Fi page (and head-fis page) just in case all hell breaks loose and you need some directions or contact info the last second.

Steve has been handling the Facebook page and as you can see he already has the friends listed with the donations up there (he fast like that, and i am really slow like that). In the coming weeks this thread on Head-Fi will be the spot to talk about the even and see what gear other members are bringing and what other members are attending. So 5 years later we have two great places to visit, we have the official thread here on Head-fi and we have Facebook.

Shows how times have changed in the last 5 years...I am getting old!

haha thanks Steve!

If you are old, I must be ancient.  

Billy is right though, the main thrust is this thread and really where Head-Fiers come to discuss all things.  The ChiUniFi page is just  some more information and visibility as we try to help nonhead-fiers become interested in this hobby.  

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #10 of 66
Definitely interested in going, almost definitely can

this'll be my first meet up, hopefully it'll go well!

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 66
Sounds like fun. I'm a maybe - pending daddy duties, etc. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #13 of 66

Quote:
I'll be there, and will be bringing a friend that has interesting new toys!

Any hints on the new and interesting toys your friend will be bringing to ChiUniFi 5?  Please!!!!!!!  Jude just made some of those clandestine announcments for new product releases at CanJam but at least it is only a week away.  That's where I will be this time next week.

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 66

Quote:
Any hints on the new and interesting toys your friend will be bringing to ChiUniFi 5?  Please!!!!!!!  Jude just made some of those clandestine announcments for new product releases at CanJam but at least it is only a week away.  That's where I will be this time next week.

Hey, I get to go too (1st time). See you there!
As for my friend, you'll just have to wait & see 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 66
another first-timer last year...count me in for this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back