"ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011
Nov 10, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #46 of 66
Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.  I hope we have a great turn out.  

The mail didn't cooperate well for a couple of our vendors so we'll have a certificate to hand out instead of the actual prize but the prizes will be shipped to the winners after the meet.  Just to be sure, if you win one of the raffle prizes that is a gift certificate, I will need the contact information to provide the vendor.  Most vendors will work directly with the winner after that.

He is to another great ChiUniFi meet and a special Thank You to Detroit for the logo for this year's event.  It really helped with our friends and Facebook communication.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #48 of 66
One more day....

Thanks to everyone that has helped in this years event.

I will bring.
Grado SR-60
Senn HD-650
Klipsch Custom 3

Clip+ 4gb (Rockboxed)
Fuze 4gb

FiiO E11

James

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #49 of 66
In support of our friends, I will have two setups available.

HeadRoom Balance Ultimate Desktop Amplifier
HeadRoom Ultimate DAC
Laptop with JRiver Media Center 17

HiFiMan EF6 Prototype Integrated Amplifier
Meridian G08 courtesy of bhd812 (Billy)

HiFiMan HE-6
HiFiMan HE-500
HiFiMan HE-300

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #50 of 66
The loaner Bottlehead Smack amp arrived yesterday! Thanks Doc.

My HD800's are on the truck for delivery today.
Anyone got a balanced HD800 cable they can bring? Mine isn't shipping until sometime next week.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #53 of 66
Plans officially kiboshed. I hope to make the next meet-up. Have a great time!

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #54 of 66
I just arrived at the hotel as I decided to drive up this afternoon rather than an early morning drive.  

This is a very nice hotel.  Maybe this will be the official hotel of ChiUniFi, you think they would want to use that in their advertising.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #55 of 66
My plans have improved somewhat - I can now come from 1 - 4:30pm. If there is interest, I can also bring my Algorhythm Solo and ALO Mark 2 combo portable listening rig with an iTouch loaded with uncompressed (of course) AIFF files.

Can you add me to your list?

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #56 of 66

Quote:
I just arrived at the hotel as I decided to drive up this afternoon rather than an early morning drive.  

This is a very nice hotel.  Maybe this will be the official hotel of ChiUniFi, you think they would want to use that in their advertising.  
bigsmile_face.gif

It is a great hotel. It it quiet like i said on the phone earlier?

I think we are the biggest event happening there this weekend.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #57 of 66

Quote:
anyone interested in hearing their phones on a vintage Marantz reciever? Wanted to gauge interest before I lug it in.

Actually yes! What model? I was extremely close to dropping 300+ on a vintage marantz just the other day to drive my stereo set up, and questioned how good the headphone amp would be.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #58 of 66
Also bringing my Triple.fi's and Klipsch Image one, along with the Grado HF2's.
Leaving the Little Dot III at home; other are bringing it, or better.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #60 of 66

Quote:

This is a very nice hotel.  Maybe this will be the official hotel of ChiUniFi...  

Maybe something public transit friendly for us city mice? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back