ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Nov 6, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #166 of 189
If someone could bring packing tape and a box razor, I'd appreciate it as I'll need to re-pack a couple boxes for shipping.

Looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #167 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If someone could bring packing tape and a box razor, I'd appreciate it as I'll need to re-pack a couple boxes for shipping.

Looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll throw them in my box of extension cords and cheapo power strips.

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #168 of 189
I will bring the following:

RSA Apache
Perfect Wave Transport
Perfect Wave DAC
HiFiMan HE-5 SE
HD 600 Balanced

Oh, and not to forgot, Beer Nuts and Sugar Cookies from Cookies by Design

For the Raffle:

Michael M from Sound Earphones.com (a Head-Fi Premier Sponsor) generously donated a $150 gift certificate. http://www.soundearphones.com/

I am contributing 2 new Head-Fi Sweatshirts (1 with a hood and 1 without), a new balance pair of Aural Thrills Audio 1 Meter Black Axiom cables and a 1.5 meter RCA TMC Yellow Jacket cable, which has never been used.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #169 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad news Rob. I hope there is a speedy recovery for your son. If you can slip away, forget the gear and just drop by for a visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope your son has a speedy recovery Rob. Take care friend, we'll hang soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also sorry to hear about your son. He comes first, especially since he is such a great kid plus he is Head-Fier.

Thanks guys! You guys are the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everybody bring your had sanitizer....seriously

And for that reason, I will not even be dropping by - my kids both have 103 degree fevers - none of you will even want to shake my hand I assure you (even though for the moment I feel fine...)

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #170 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And for that reason, I will not even be dropping by - my kids both have 103 degree fevers - none of you will even want to shake my hand I assure you (even though for the moment I feel fine...)

I'd still shake your hand.

I'd rather get it and build antibodies
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #171 of 189
Just got an email from Dsavitsk (Doug) that he should be able to come out. I have been a fan of his stuff for a very long time now, he'll be bringing 2-3 of his amps over for people to check out. I would highly recommend taking the time to talk to Doug about audio and gear as his expertise in DIY is invaluable IMO.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #172 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got an email from Dsavitsk (Doug) that he should be able to come out. I have been a fan of his stuff for a very long time now, he'll be bringing 2-3 of his amps over for people to check out. I would highly recommend taking the time to talk to Doug about audio and gear as his expertise in DIY is invaluable IMO.

Excellent news Ryan! He sure seems like a great guy, looking forward to meeting him.

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #174 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Self parking has just been given a 50% off for us, so its at $10.00 to self park for the event! there will be some kind of validation box in our room for stamping our tickets once we get in the room!

Beely - YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you bro.

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #175 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dsavitsk in da house?! Ask him to bring that souped up Melos if he still has it, I'd love to hear it! He had pm'd me some unbelievable diy info in the past. I don't do much diy, but it was great reading! Sad some big names won't be there, but I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #176 of 189
Um I don't suppose anyone could also bring a tweezer and a steady hand? I got one of my Klipsch X10 bi-flanges stuck in an ear and can't take it out on my own. Shouldn't be too hard for someone else to remove it. I know I could drop by a hospital but would rather avoid that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll throw them in my box of extension cords and cheapo power strips.

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #177 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the Raffle:

Michael M from Sound Earphones.com (a Head-Fi Premier Sponsor) generously donated a $150 gift certificate. SoundEarphones.com Your Earphone & Headphone Source for Ultimate Ears, Shure, Sleek-Audio, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, PS Audio, Grado, Skullcandy, Monster, V-Moda

I am contributing 2 new Head-Fi Sweatshirts (1 with a hood and 1 without), a new balance pair of Aural Thrills Audio 1 Meter Black Axiom cables and a 1.5 meter RCA TMC Yellow Jacket cable, which has never been used.

I'd skip on the gift certificate and go straight for the hoody! I'd definitely love to wear one.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #178 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um I don't suppose anyone could also bring a tweezer and a steady hand? I got one of my Klipsch X10 bi-flanges stuck in an ear and can't take it out on my own. Shouldn't be too hard for someone else to remove it. I know I could drop by a hospital but would rather avoid that.

Tape and box cutter for your ears, tweezers for shipping. Got it. I can bring all three.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #179 of 189
jvlgato is the guy I would pick for the job...being that he's a Doctor and all
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #180 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jvlgato is the guy I would pick for the job...being that he's a Doctor and all
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Med school was a long time ago. These days I could try to hypnotize him or give him a Valium, LOL! My wife is the 'real' doc- I should ask her how many headphone injuries she sees. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back