ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Nov 4, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #136 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its so good to see you peeps taking this on and then some! seriously besides the new computer this thread has been the best news to me in awhile..

will update you all after work tonight..ex[ect it around 7amish

Look forward to seeing you again billy. I think its been a year.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #137 of 189
No pre- or post-meet festivities are being planned for either Friday or Saturday night? Well I certainly hope that something will be planned for after the meet at least, would be great to hang out with some people afterwards. If nothing will be planned, I might as well take a night's trip into the downtown loop area since I've never been to Chicago.

In any case my laptop is now loaded down with a wide array of music that includes classical, jazz, electronica/trip-hop, rock, & metal (I'd be surprised if anyone couldn't find something to listen to). Here's a pic that shows the variety:
tongue.gif

(click for larger)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please bring your stax!! I'm bringing mine, and i would love to hear the new 404!! what amp are you running them out of?

I won't be able to bring the SR-404LE after all, sorry - won't have enough space for it. I use mine out of the HeadAmp BHSE. If I still have my electrostatic system by the time CanJam 2010 rolls around though (which actually seems pretty likely too), you can bet I'll send out the full system.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #138 of 189
Hey Asr,

drag you couldnt bring your stax, it would have been great to finally hear the new 404, especially on the blue H. I will most likely have to miss canjam as well, as I'm getting married on the 5th!! lol.. although I'm still lobbying for a couple hourst on the 6th. anyway, it will be great to meet you!!

If there is no post hang at anyones house, do we want to hit a place for dinner and drinks? might I suggest the RAM brewery/restaurant on higgins in rosemont. about a mile away from the hotel. Great beer and food.

Dig if you will.. The Ram Restaurant & Brewery
no affiliation, if you cared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No pre- or post-meet festivities are being planned for either Friday or Saturday night? Well I certainly hope that something will be planned for after the meet at least, would be great to hang out with some people afterwards. If nothing will be planned, I might as well take a night's trip into the downtown loop area since I've never been to Chicago.

In any case my laptop is now loaded down with a wide array of music that includes classical, jazz, electronica/trip-hop, rock, & metal (I'd be surprised if anyone couldn't find something to listen to). Here's a pic that shows the variety:
tongue.gif

(click for larger)

I won't be able to bring the SR-404LE after all, sorry - won't have enough space for it. I use mine out of the HeadAmp BHSE. If I still have my electrostatic system by the time CanJam 2010 rolls around though (which actually seems pretty likely too), you can bet I'll send out the full system.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #139 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little plea for meet attendees: if anybody has any low-noise 6SN7s or 6SL7s, I would love to roll them in my amp. I am on a quest to minimize the hum.

I'll try to remember to bring one

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #141 of 189
If anyone has a Predator or D10 he/she would like to bring, that would be great! I'm bringing a Pico and Nuforce Icon Mobile, and have asked skylab to bring his 2Move. It would be a nice comparison to have!

And MAN, I'd LOVE to hear the Blue Hawaii! One more vote to try to nudge asr just a bit! :wink:

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #142 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little plea for meet attendees: if anybody has any low-noise 6SN7s or 6SL7s, I would love to roll them in my amp. I am on a quest to minimize the hum.

I have some vintage Russian 6SN7's I will bring, that you can have if they work for you. They are probably my least favorite of my pretty extensive collection of 6SN7's, but they are quiet, and they are cheap. I may have some other NOS tubes I can bring for you to try, but those will cost you
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #143 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll throw some extra 6SL7's in the box when I pack.

Is the Zana's input selector back to normal Mike?

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #146 of 189
Quote:

Yep. No more ghetto electrical tape!

And no more cracked tube socket either
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #148 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If there is no post hang at anyones house, do we want to hit a place for dinner and drinks? might I suggest the RAM brewery/restaurant on higgins in rosemont. about a mile away from the hotel. Great beer and food.

Dig if you will.. The Ram Restaurant & Brewery
no affiliation, if you cared.

The Ram is great, we have one by me in Schaumburg. I edited my members post to put recommended post activities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, a death in the family has made it impossible for me to attend this meet. A doubly sad situation.

Sorry for your loss, there will always be meets in the future, take care.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #150 of 189
Quote:

Yep. No more ghetto electrical tape!

Most excellent
biggrin.gif
. Didn't even realized you had a cracked socket in there, glad KG could help you with that as well. Props to you sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, a death in the family has made it impossible for me to attend this meet. A doubly sad situation.

Very sorry for your family's loss Fraggler. Don't sweat missing the meet too much, as Ryan said this will happen again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ram is great, we have one by me in Schaumburg. I edited my members post to put recommended post activities.

Steve also noted Ray's post-meet invite for anyone interested - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/af...g-meal-453434/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back