ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Nov 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #121 of 189
Indeed - that is the reason I go to meets - to see old friends, and meet new ones, hear some music I haven't heard before, and hopefully to listen to some new piece of equipment I haven't heard but that I like
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #123 of 189
Count me in. I've been haunting these forums for a while but just recently started posting. I've never been to a meet before, so I'm excited to try out a lot of the different gear that I've been reading about on Head-Fi.

I don't have much to share in terms of gear, as I'm relatively new to this hobby. I'm going to bring my Grado SR125 so that I can compare their sound signature to some other headphones.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #125 of 189
Hey Mellow,

Thanks for coming out! Meets are great. However, might I recommend you consider bringing your source and amp as well - it will be a more complete experience to hear other headphones on the exact same rig that you would use at home, to hear what many call synergy between components, you never know when you can strike the right balance of gear. It is also a nice experience for other users to hear your rig exactly as you listen to it, goes with that sharing process that I alluded to earlier. Regardless, looking forward to seeing you there.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #126 of 189
I was initially not going to bring my source and amp because I wanted to take the CTA, but if I can borrow my friend's car (I don't have a car), I'll bring my gear along. The amp is pretty beastly, as it's a vintage receiver, so it would be tough to take it on the train. But hey, I've seen crazier things on the CTA...
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #129 of 189
Mellow I talked with Bhd812 on Friday for an update, and he had mentioned he was calling the hotel to confirm everything. I know we had talked about him asking for their parking rate that we were given for next years canjam at $10/day so most likely it will be that, but let's wait until he comments and updates the thread.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #134 of 189
A little plea for meet attendees: if anybody has any low-noise 6SN7s or 6SL7s, I would love to roll them in my amp. I am on a quest to minimize the hum.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #135 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little plea for meet attendees: if anybody has any low-noise 6SN7s or 6SL7s, I would love to roll them in my amp. I am on a quest to minimize the hum.

Would definitely love to hear your amp. Just by looking at your pics on your signature the problem may be the power transformer is too close in proximity to the output. my iphone has a keyboard app and I can use it to listen to the hum on your amp, and will be able to determine if it is 50/60hz hum coming from the power transformer which is pitched around a low B. We'll figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back