ChiUniFi 3 - November 7th, 2009 [Official Thread]
Oct 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #106 of 189
As of now, I am about 90% sure I can attend, but I am not sure what gear I will bring. Is anyone bringing Senn 800's? I can bring mine with the stock cable. I would like to hear a modded version if anyone has it.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #107 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by p_o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of now, I am about 90% sure I can attend, but I am not sure what gear I will bring. Is anyone bringing Senn 800's? I can bring mine with the stock cable. I would like to hear a modded version if anyone has it.

-you should absolutely bring your 800!!

-I know billy has been occupied with some family issues, But are there Any vendors coming?? playing with their new stuff is always fun.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #108 of 189
O.K. this is what I am bringing.
Amp - EC Balancing Act
Sources - Mac Mini, CA 840c
Phones - K340 balanced (x2), K701 balanced, LCD-1 SE modded, Denon D-2000 balanced and/or SE

I have not heard back from Audeze recently so I am not sure about the LCD-2s, Head Direct is sending me their betas for the RE252 and RE242 IEMs so they will be there.

If there is specific interest I can also bring: HD-650 balanced, MS-Pro SE, HF-2 SE, HP-1, DT-880 balanced and a blast from the past a McCormack Micro Headphone Drive.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #109 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I can see what you have planned, and how my name was not included in the up-dated list of head-fiers who are coming.
Ray Samuels

Ray, as others have said you are always welcome. As you can see the "vendor post" has never been updated for reasons already stated. I also wanted to add that I will personally miss your presence at the meet as you add much more than the equipment you bring to the events you attend.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #110 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also wanted to add that I will personally miss your presence at the meet as you add much more than the equipment you bring to the events you attend.

Same here! I'm really sorry you won't be coming Ray. I always look forward to talking to you at meets.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #111 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here! I'm really sorry you won't be coming Ray. I always look forward to talking to you at meets.

I'll third this. In fact, dont bring any gear, just come for the hang. these meets arnt about selling gear anyway. you sure dont need us for that!! you rock!

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #112 of 189
Quote:

O.K. this is what I am bringing.
Amp - EC Balancing Act
Sources - Mac Mini, CA 840c
Phones - K340 balanced (x2), K701 balanced, LCD-1 SE modded

I have not heard back from Audeze recently so I am not sure about the LCD-2s, Head Direct is sending me their betas for the RE252 and RE242 IEMs so they will be there.

If there is specific interest I can also bring: HD-650 balanced, MS-Pro SE, HF-2 SE, Denon D-2000 balanced or SE, HP-1, DT-880 balanced and a blast from the past a McCormack Micro Headphone Drive.

I would love to hear the balanced Denon's if your willing to bring them.

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #113 of 189
Update guys,

At the moment it doesn't look we will actually have any vendors present for next Saturday.

~ ignore raffle bit ~

Otherwise we should be good to go. Very very much looking forward to this coming Saturday, will be great to see everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #115 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update guys,

At the moment it doesn't look we will actually have any vendors present for next Saturday. Freebies for the raffle are scarce this year so at the moment I do not believe a raffle will be held. I'm unsure exactly how the group has a whole wants to tackle funding for next year's meet, I will ask around and report back for everyone.

Otherwise we should be good to go. Very very much looking forward to this coming Saturday, will be great to see everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

I can bring something to donate.
I'm a vendor.
Why don't we ask if anyone, vendor or not, wants to donate something to the raffle as long as the money raised goes to funding a future meet?
Just a thought...

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #116 of 189
Having the New York meet the following weekend certainly hasn't helped. I believe we are viewed as small potatoes compared to the New York meets. I would have thought at least some of the vendors would like to have a first hand look at the CanJam'10 room layouts to help with their planning but C'est la vie.

That being said, vendors are not necessary to a successful meet and there will some kickass gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring something to donate.
I'm a vendor.
Why don't we ask if anyone, vendor or not, wants to donate something to the raffle as long as the money raised goes to funding a future meet?
Just a thought...

Anyone can donate and that has always been the case. All of the proceeds have and will continue to support Chiunifi the following year.

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #117 of 189
Apologies everyone, I was just sent some additional info regarding some items donated specifically for the raffle that I did not know about, so ignore the previous raffle bit.

The raffle is still on.

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #118 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well thats a drag about the vendors. we had so many last year! and no raffle? hmm. something is amiss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a thought...

Quote:

That being said, vendors are not necessary to a successful meet and there will some kickass gear.

Keith,

I understand and hear your concern. However, I ask that you read the following quotes from Todd and Jim, as they really touch on the core idea of a meet.

Raffles are great and fun ways to raise funds and get some cool schwag, however, they are not the reason why a meet is successful or enjoyable, and should never be the foundation to a good meet.

The core reason for a meet is so that people of like interests can socialize and get to know each other through the sharing of gear and talking about our passion for sound fidelity. I believe the meet will have lots of that and then some, and won't be amiss of a quality time for all that attend.

There is going to be some killer gear there that I have been dying to hear and I am grateful people that people are so willing to share such expensive stuff just so others can listen. There will be prototypes of gear that isn't even widely available yet, and I thank all those individuals for sharing even though there is always the risk of a bad review or negative impressions; they take on that risk because they are positive members of our community.

Ultimately, I am thankful that Billy, despite the tragedy in his family, has been able to procure a place for us, with not only funds from chiunifi, but also personal funds from his own pocket, just so that we can get together and listen to gear. I think sometimes we forget that back in the day, a meet was just an excuse for people to meet people, and had nothing to do with vendors or raffles. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing old friends, listening to gear, meeting new friends, and doing lots of socializing, but head-fiers are simply some of the coolest people I have met. You do not need to share in that sentiment, but it is what it is, and I personally will always be appreciative of ANY meet that anyone chooses to host and organize.

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #119 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keith,

I understand and hear your concern. However, I ask that you read the following quotes from Todd and Jim, as they really touch on the core idea of a meet.

Raffles are great and fun ways to raise funds and get some cool schwag, however, they are not the reason why a meet is successful or enjoyable, and should never be the foundation to a good meet.

The core reason for a meet is so that people of like interests can socialize and get to know each other through the sharing of gear and talking about our passion for sound fidelity. I believe the meet will have lots of that and then some, and won't be amiss of a quality time for all that attend.

There is going to be some killer gear there that I have been dying to hear and I am grateful people that people are so willing to share such expensive stuff just so others can listen. There will be prototypes of gear that isn't even widely available yet, and I thank all those individuals for sharing even though there is always the risk of a bad review or negative impressions; they take on that risk because they are positive members of our community.

Ultimately, I am thankful that Billy, despite the tragedy in his family, has been able to procure a place for us, with not only funds from chiunifi, but also personal funds from his own pocket, just so that we can get together and listen to gear. I think sometimes we forget that back in the day, a meet was just an excuse for people to meet people, and had nothing to do with vendors or raffles. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing old friends, listening to gear, meeting new friends, and doing lots of socializing, but head-fiers are simply some of the coolest people I have met. You do not need to share in that sentiment, but it is what it is, and I personally will always be appreciative of ANY meet that anyone chooses to host and organize.

Hey recstar24 and everyone,

If my posts came across like all I cared about was the raffle and vendors, I did not mean it to do so. I should have probably used some smilieys or something to show the mood of my post. maybe different wording.
frown.gif

I love going to meets no matter what the content. I have heard amazing gear, and met some great people who I look forward to seeing every time.. sure it would be nice if there were vendors showing new gear, but its not really a big deal if there isnt. I am fully aware and encouraged by the spirit of the meet.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but no one really wants to read that. I'm sorry if I misrepresented my attitude. I am very much looking forward the meet.

Keith

Nov 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #120 of 189
As a member who has never attended a meet, I must say, that while the prospect of being able to mingle with vendors, and the potential of walking away with some new kit by winning a raffle is appealing; the primary draw for me will be the ability to meet and learn further from a few of the members who's collective wisdom has been the draw of head-fi for me in the first place. Here's to new friends, hot gear, and a good time!
beerchug.gif
Vendors or not I'm looking forward to it. And if the hat is passed I'll be more than happy to chip in. See you all next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back