Chinese headphones
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

REB

Headphoneus Supremus
I did some searches here to find out about Chinese headphones, but they didn't turn up much. At least no addresses where you can actually buy them if you're not based in China.

I saw these gorgeous-looking Shenzhen Grandsun headphones, the GS800. Anybody know these? Do they sound as good as they look? Can you buy them outside China? I looked around at the web, but I didn't get anywhere (unless I was willing to import them in bulk
confused_face(1).gif
, I couldn't find a place that would sell them to private individuals).

I'm hoping someone knows more than I do!

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder methinks ...

Where else?
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 26
http://www.grandsun.net.cn/cn/product/product.asp this is their website, what's the joke grandson?
It's not a famed brand in China, if I were you I would not take the risk.
some specs fyi

Speakers and wires:
Model: GS-895
Speaker diameter: φ40 mm
Speaker impedance: 32 Ω ± 15%
Maximum input power: 20mv
Scope of frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
Cord length: 2.0m
Sensitivity: 103 ± 3db & 1K Hz
Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated wire material: OFC
Conductor Color: Black

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 26
Things people do for Headphones...

i dont think it takes lot of research to say that anything MADE in China is fishy..

pls search for 'Sonicgear'...they imitate the design of all Sennheiser Headphones..and re-brand them and sell it in Singapore.

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 26
Thanks for the input, guys! But I can't help being curious...

I knew about the HeAudio and it looks pretty delicious!

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agree!

Welcome to Head-Fi, and your first post.

Well, that says enough for me, im not buying them!
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Things people do for Headphones...

i dont think it takes lot of research to say that anything MADE in China is fishy..

mmm..I really hope you're talking about headphones and headphones only (not IEM's, not amps) as if ya not = you pretty darn silly and ignorant.

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

pls search for 'Sonicgear'...they imitate the design of all Sennheiser Headphones..and re-brand them and sell it in Singapore.

Well at least this company is trying to do something original! I say to the OP give the headphones a try and support the company that doesn't resort to piracy. Of course, it's not my money!

Quote:

Surely this statement is patently false: not only do many people here appreciate the quality of some chinese products but many non-chinese headphones are made in China e.g. Denons.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 26
Personally I think most China made gear offers an excellent price / performace ratio. Fact is, a lot of Chinese stuff (take amps for example) use the same components as amps made in say the USA, but with much lower overheads.

Take the iBasso D2 for example. Now I doubt a lot of people would say 'It's better than a Predator', but from my experience it's a well made, well specced bit of equipment, at a pretty unbelieable price.

Same with the tube amps like Little Dot. I got myself a vacuum tube amplifier, delivered to my door with excellent customer service for £60. I doubt anything short of DIY would come anywhere near that price from the USA.

I do however doubt the quality of the headphones without hearing some reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agree!

How do you people know it's not a famed brand? Even if it isn't a famed brand, that doesn't mean it isn't good.

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

You know i just did, and most of them look decidedly generic.

The HP-600 looks vaguely sennheiserish but only because it has egg-shaped earcups. Which sennheiser didn't exactly invent.

And i was hoping to find a good hd580 knockoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back