Chinese Head-Fiers, please help.
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

coco

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Gang,
I am pursuing a small business proposition with a man who claims to be from a Chinese toy manufacturer. I have no reason to doubt him but I have no way of verifying his position with the company before I wire him some money. He does not have a "company" email address like others at his firm but I have not received any reply from the contacts on their website, possibly due the language barrier. Can any of you "locals" give me a hand in verifying his position with the company? Thanks for your help. I can send his contact details to anyone who is interested in helping. Colin

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 8
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 8
If you have no reason to believe he is what he says he is. He preobably isn't.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 8
I can probably help you translate your email to Chinese if it is not too long, but you are at a bad timing here cause Chinese New Year is coming in two weeks or so and many companies will close for the extended holiday. There is a good chance that no one will be on the other end to reply your email. BTW, this does smell fishy.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can probably help you translate your email to Chinese if it is not too long, but you are at a bad timing here cause Chinese New Year is coming in two weeks or so and many companies will close for the extended holiday. There is a good chance that no one will be on the other end to reply your email. BTW, this does smell fishy.

I can help you too. But as ClieOS said, it is near Chinese New Year now and most of Chinese are preparing for this annual grand holiday. The holiday will last untill Feb 1. You had better contact the toy manufacture after Chinese New Year.
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 8
This definitely smells fisher than...fish.
wink.gif

I am 99.9% sure you are playing into your own gullibility; you're going to be screwed over. Foreign place (you know what I mean) playing the pathos card, WIRE TRANSFER (key point here of noticing it's a scam), etc.

Jan 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 8
He might be of Nigerian extraction. Hmmmm.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back