Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers
Aug 13, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #76 of 139
Can you post details of your build on diy thread please. Did you use crossovers?

Did you count expences of UV curing unit and other tools like drill & solder iron into cost of iem. Also cost of learning, (imperfect shells, burnt drivers.....). How many hours did you put, learning that skill & learning about divers & crossover?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/817125/my-first-diy-custom-iems#post_12787332

If you add those the total cost doesn't go up that much.

I think both options come with benefits. If you buy expensive gear, the joy of imagining that it's worth the money and the IKEA effect of making your own set.

Now that I've made a pair, I still think I'll keep on buying manufactured IEM's.... While I tinker with different DIY projects.

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #78 of 139
  how does the super audio 6 compare with the more expensive westone w60 6 driver earphones, shure se846?

im curious how it fares against Empire Ears Athena, Campfire Audio Andromeda, UERR.
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #86 of 139
These 3 drivers cost about the same as the 7 drivers I am eyeing. Either you bought slightly above price, or I should be worried about the 7 drivers tune / quality... Or the 3 drivers have Sonions in them:)

Number of drivers and sound quality doesn't correlate many times in my experience.....

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #87 of 139
Number of drivers and sound quality doesn't correlate many times in my experience.....

Impressive list of IEM reviews you've got there!

I agree, my top IEMs right now are single-driver (Nuforce NE800M), but only when I drive them with a tiny tube amp.

With multi-driver IEMs I'm hoping to have the sound of big headphones recreated and outddone, and being able to move my head while listening to music is also a huge plus. :))

The reason I'm eyeing these is quite simple -- this looks like "adopted" technology from a more popular brand or brands who do their custom manufacture/assembly in China.

Products like this are usually of high quality, and impossible to trace back to their original designer or factory.

I have a carbon MTB bike frame and rims from China which fit these same parameters / description, going 99.9% flawless for 4th year. Guys on the bike forum established that this was not a counterfeit / stolen tech, but an "open design" that the Chinese were sharing between multiple factories.

I'll be eventually going for a custom Noble Katana, but until I get there, these chiners should be an exciting experiment to undertake.

The lack of price difference between the 3 and 7 drivers may simply be the result of new products coming to the market at a staggering pace, and sellers trying to increase their margins while the demand lasts / buyers gain info of new products. I have also seen 9 drivers on Tao but the price was something like $1.6k, right up there with big brand IEMs.

Another positive point is that a very similar 6-drivers have very positive reviews on AliExpress. As they say, only one way to find out.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #88 of 139
Another positive point is that a very similar 6-drivers have very positive reviews on AliExpress. As they say, only one way to find out.

If you're talking about the SA/Easy 6 BA I like them a lot :wink:

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #90 of 139
Yeah:) "easy" with that "easy" around here:) Don't see them on your review list, is that upcoming?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/super-audio-6/reviews/16574

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back