Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #13,772 of 33,689
Not a problem:

English: offence
US English: offense​

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/offence

Oops, I researched the wrong person before I made that comment. I thought it was tayo that made the correction, and from what I could tell tayo is using US linguistics except for offence. BUT, turns out it was you that made the correction, at which, yes offence is correct. My bad!

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #13,776 of 33,689
Just in case anyone's curious about the ASK hybrid, i thought the connection is the same as the Audio Technica IM type connection. Bought myself an 8 braided silver plated cable with the IM connector thinking it would make an excellent upgrade. Turns out it can't fit in ... what a waste. Anyway, despite the not so good QC as reported in some impressions i think this 1 really deserves more attention and hype.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #13,777 of 33,689
Just in case anyone's curious about the ASK hybrid, i thought the connection is the same as the Audio Technica IM type connection. Bought myself an 8 braided silver plated cable with the IM connector thinking it would make an excellent upgrade. Turns out it can't fit in ... what a waste. Anyway, despite the not so good QC as reported in some impressions i think this 1 really deserves more attention and hype.

I'm really enjoying mine. Potential QC issues and sound variances aside, they're worth the risk for the price, just go in with realistic expectations.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #13,778 of 33,689
I'm actually using mine quite a lot when out walking and commuting

Dec 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #13,779 of 33,689
So, a few pages back I learnt about this 7 driver mammoth, Turbo Ear T7a. It's on Ali for 350$. Currently on the F9 train, might jump on this one. Only one canadian dude reviewed it, saying massive soundstage and "similar to M1060"... anyone wanna be the guinea pig?

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #13,781 of 33,689
I'm really enjoying mine. Potential QC issues and sound variances aside, they're worth the risk for the price, just go in with realistic expectations.

I think that's a perfect way to put it. Kinda the same thing I've been cautioning about.

Go in with the expectation that:
  • Your pair could range from neutralish with a little extra bass to "bass cannon" vshaped
  • Expect to have to bend the pins to get the plug to connect reliably
  • Assume that you may have to add a few drops of glue to the housing to make it bulletproof and not fall apart if dropped etc
  • Assume that you may have to open it up and add a tiny bead of glue around the dynamic drivers to seal them
  • Be prepared to tip roll to get best sound because the stock tips are pretty meh
Anyone who is prepared and willing to put up with these expectations will be very happy with the ASK. However, for the spoiled perfectionists and anal retentive "impossible to please" folks out there, I would skip the ASK.

Dec 14, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #13,782 of 33,689
However, for the spoiled perfectionists and anal retentive "impossible to please" folks out there, I would skip the ASK

Those people probably think I am too easily pleased :)
If I can enjoy my music, I am happy.

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #13,783 of 33,689
Several IEM seekers ask me to show some PIC's of the Magoasi / HiLisening K5 and where to purchase them from....

I personally believe they're worth checking out as well. They sport a bright, energetic, and vividly clear sound signature incased in an acrylic made housing at such a low price for this model type.

Here you go. :thumbsup:

Links:
https://www.amazon.com/HiLisening-h...&qid=1511963672&sr=1-1&keywords=HiLisening+K5

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...szbz5&id=561042219758&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

-Clear :sunglasses:
Wow....look very nice and affordable for what we got. Take my interest here...but I have a question about post-trauma multiBA iem....did the bass create any sort of distortion even at high volume???????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back