Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #12,931 of 33,689
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #12,932 of 33,689
Hey B9, what do you think about T2 and King vs ZS5? Are they a worthy upgrade in regards to resolution, clarity and dynamics, maybe even soundstage? (Or maybe I need to go past 100 price mark to get a certain upgrade?)

If both are good upgrades, in your opinion which one would be a better choice considering King is 2x price of T2? I really like the looks of King but would not pay more based on looks exclusively.

Thank you.

Signatures are very different, but I'd say the King is a clear upgrade with the more similar sound (i.e bright). With the T2 its debatable; signature preference will play a larger part. ZS5 has better detail retrieval (BA's so no surprise there) and bass extension but I prefer the T2's more neutral signature and sound stage qualities. Unlike most, I do not find the ZS5 overly large sounding which is made up for with great imaging and separation. Out of the three the T2 is probably my favorite (signature preference + less tiring for longer listening sessions, always subject to change) though the King is undeniably the better performer from a technical perspective.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #12,933 of 33,689
I have the My Love II and the Exclusive 5. Never heard the King. I am not a reviewer, no talent for that. The My Love are my go to for my Cayin. Decent sound stage and great instrument separation. Bass, mid and treble are all present to my ears and clean. I have heard things in songs that I know well that I've not heard before. YMMV.

Had them in my shopping cart waiting for the 11.11 sales but I ditched them earlier today. The design is just too chunky, especially because my left ear doesn't have as much space as the right one does. I'd love to try multiple ones from the TFZ lineup but there's a big chance that achieving the same insertion depth on both ears would prove to be too difficult.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #12,934 of 33,689
Had them in my shopping cart waiting for the 11.11 sales but I ditched them earlier today. The design is just too chunky, especially because my left ear doesn't have as much space as the right one does. I'd love to try multiple ones from the TFZ lineup but there's a big chance that achieving the same insertion depth on both ears would prove to be too difficult.

I do not find them at all chunky. If you have different ears then insertion depth will be an issue with all IEMs, not just TFZ. You may need different tips on the left and right.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #12,935 of 33,689

The Exclusive 3 or 5 might be better for you then. They do not use the same shell as the King or My Love II and are significantly smaller and more compact.

20171105_144144.jpg 20171105_144204.jpg

Attachments

• 20171105_144204.jpg
    20171105_144204.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #12,936 of 33,689
Signatures are very different, but I'd say the King is a clear upgrade with the more similar sound (i.e bright). With the T2 its debatable; signature preference will play a larger part. ZS5 has better detail retrieval (BA's so no surprise there) and bass extension but I prefer the T2's more neutral signature and sound stage qualities. Unlike most, I do not find the ZS5 overly large sounding which is made up for with great imaging and separation. Out of the three the T2 is probably my favorite (signature preference + less tiring for longer listening sessions, always subject to change) though the King is undeniably the better performer from a technical perspective.

I myself don't find ZS5 overly spacious either, for me it's good but not huge as described by others.
On the other hand I don't find ZS5 bright, for me its treble is just well extended and detailed without altering the mids presentation which I find natural in tonality and recessed only a tad.
The fact that I'm not listening to IEM more than one hour at a time (only while commuting, so at most 2 hours per day) might play as a factor in not finding ZS5 treble tiresome.

I'll put the Kings in pole position for 11.11 then, seeing it's a clear upgrade across the board.
I would give T2 a go for it's neutrality and possibly better mids but letting go treble details and bass extension in exchange is a tough deal and as a consequence a not that clear upgrade for me.

Anyways, I will have to sleep on it some more before deciding because price is also a factor but right now I'm leaning towards the King.

Thanks for your valuable opinion.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #12,937 of 33,689
The Exclusive 3 or 5 might be better for you then. They do not use the same shell as the King or My Love II and are significantly smaller and more compact.

Yeah, I figured as much. My goal is to pick up an upgrade for Tennmak Pro which will be used during workouts, outdoor etc.. Exclusive 5 is one of the options but right now I'm leaning towards Whizzer A15 because of the ergonomics, better isolation and mmcx. I prefer not to pay too much for these because they will see some rough use.

For the second one I'm looking for a quality all-arounder under $100, something like the TinAudio T2 or EN700 Bass.

Nov 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #12,938 of 33,689
Yeah, I figured as much. My goal is to pick up an upgrade for Tennmak Pro which will be used during workouts, outdoor etc.. Exclusive 5 is one of the options but right now I'm leaning towards Whizzer A15 because of the ergonomics, better isolation and mmcx. I prefer not to pay too much for these because they will see some rough use.

For the second one I'm looking for a quality all-arounder under $100, something like the TinAudio T2 or EN700 Bass.
Isolation on the Whizzer is only average but they are comfortable (once you change the cable or rip the memory wire out).

Nov 5, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #12,940 of 33,689
I myself don't find ZS5 overly spacious either, for me it's good but not huge as described by others.
On the other hand I don't find ZS5 bright, for me its treble is just well extended and detailed without altering the mids presentation which I find natural in tonality and recessed only a tad.
The fact that I'm not listening to IEM more than one hour at a time (only while commuting, so at most 2 hours per day) might play as a factor in not finding ZS5 treble tiresome.

I'll put the Kings in pole position for 11.11 then, seeing it's a clear upgrade across the board.
I would give T2 a go for it's neutrality and possibly better mids but letting go treble details and bass extension in exchange is a tough deal and as a consequence a not that clear upgrade for me.

Anyways, I will have to sleep on it some more before deciding because price is also a factor but right now I'm leaning towards the King.

Thanks for your valuable opinion.

I'm leaning towards the king and the toneking nine tails for 11.11. The TFZ King would be available at 6 7eu which is pretty outstanding! Toneking at 87 eu....

Nov 5, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #12,941 of 33,689
I'm leaning towards the king and the toneking nine tails for 11.11. The TFZ King would be available at 6 7eu which is pretty outstanding! Toneking at 87 eu....

Yeah, I've heard great praises about ninetails but I'm scared about the fit and isolation. Also €20 more so I better play safe. Even king's price is something I wouldn't consider paying 6 months ago on an iem so I'm still reluctant about the purchase. Got to also factor VAT I might have to pay at customs (sometimes they charge me but not always).

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #12,943 of 33,689
I think I'm striking TFZ off my list because of a few quality control issues reported on amazon.com.
Really worried about QC from some of the chifi on the long run. If my KZ5 starts malfunctionning, I have another pair in my drawer =)
Might go for Fiio F9 or Pionner se-CH9T, although the 11.11 sales for the Fiio seems pretty non-existant.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #12,944 of 33,689
I am a bit confused with the colours on aliexexpress. It states that only the black colour is 6ba+ 1dd. Each colour has different number of drivers. The blue ones are supposed to be 3ba 1dd. Can you confirm this? Because on aliexexpress it is not clear until you put them on your shopping cart.
You can create any colour combination you want with any of the driver configuration. You only get to choose the colours after you pay for the item. After paying, the seller will pm you with a list of both the shell and faceplate colours.

Edit: Although if you are thinking of getting the DZX series from nicehck, I'm pretty sure those will beath the crap out of the ones I bought.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #12,945 of 33,689
I think I'm striking TFZ off my list because of a few quality control issues reported on amazon.com.
Really worried about QC from some of the chifi on the long run. If my KZ5 starts malfunctionning, I have another pair in my drawer =)
Might go for Fiio F9 or Pionner se-CH9T, although the 11.11 sales for the Fiio seems pretty non-existant.

No 11/11 sale on Pioneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back