Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 5, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #7,951 of 33,689
Is there anyone who have both memt x5 and trinity hyperion ?
The hyperion are on sale 16 pounds (with headfi discount)

​I just had a quick listen to them - probably give a slight edge to the X5 on the sound quality (brings out a bit more of the subtle details), but they aren't hugely different from the tracks I just listened to. The small size of the Hyperion gives them an edge on fit/comfort, and the cable on is also much nicer. Keep in mind this was the Hyperion with Spinfits (which is my preferred tip for them), and Spiral Dots on the X5 (which I'm not sure is my favorite, but Spinfits at least didn't work very well for me).

Addition: tested both with Spiral dots. The Hyperion extends further at the top - sometimes bordering on sharp. The X5 on the other hand is a smoother experience. Throwing in the first version of the "Light" mentioned below (I think someone mentioned this is actually a Toneking/Musicmaker IEM), they are clearer than both, a bit lighter on the bass while being slightly less sharp than the Hyperion. Probably my favorite of the three, but they're all pretty great considering price and size.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #7,952 of 33,689
Apr 5, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #7,953 of 33,689
  I just ordered a KZ ATR, I guess it's another headphone I'll give you guys my opinions to in a few months... in the summer, lol. It's sad how long it takes for delivery and then the burn in time.

Still they aren't bad for 4-5$ But most Headfiers got so many alternatives for just a little more.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #7,954 of 33,689
  @B9Scrambler
I think these look gorgeous. 5mm micro-driver!!! I can't find any info on them though. Thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/119089_32752459434.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.83.jKAGes

They are just as nice looking in person :) 

I still haven't spent much time with them yet, but the description from @peter123 seems fairly apt. I will add that their balance is excellent at low volumes; no loss of detail and no particular aspect of the signature sticks out.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #7,955 of 33,689

I guess that's all well and good if you hear everything like Vidal but for myself I prefer to glean info from multiple sources. You know even ones mood can effect they may be hearing on any given day
wink_face.gif

+1. due i'm sure to the inherent subjectivity of this madness, i haven't found a single review source which is fully simpatico with my own opinions. the russian site audiofight (to the extent i can follow the hilarious english translations) is probably the most reliable. the oft-maligned audiobudget does serve a useful purchase in presenting obscure brands, even if you find the critical evaluations lacking. i've seen a number of other glossy sites like audiophileon, where the reviewers get review samples and seem to love everything.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #7,956 of 33,689
The Light is fantastic. Full, lush and smooth without being overly bassy. Reminds me of a mini Aurisonics Rockets.

What:flushed: Rockets destroyed by a $5 IEM:weary: For $5 enquiring minds got to know:smirk:

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #7,957 of 33,689
What:flushed: Rockets destroyed by a $5 IEM:weary: For $5 enquiring minds got to know:smirk:

$36 actually.

2017 Upgraded Light T2 In Ear Earphone 5mm Mini Dynamic Noise Cancelling Sleep Headset With Sleeping Earplugs For Quick Snooze
http://s.aliexpress.com/qiEriiEN
(from AliExpress Android)

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #7,958 of 33,689
$36 actually.

2017 Upgraded Light T2 In Ear Earphone 5mm Mini Dynamic Noise Cancelling Sleep Headset With Sleeping Earplugs For Quick Snooze

They used to be ~60 bucks when they were first released. That's what held me off getting them for so long.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #7,959 of 33,689

They used to be ~60 bucks when they were first released. That's what held me off getting them for so long.

I have the original and frankly I have not given them enough eartime given how often I use earbuds.  I should remedy that immediately!

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #7,960 of 33,689
$36 actually.

Have there been any reviews on this? :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #7,961 of 33,689

Seems like a few people have them but never gave them the treatment. I like the aesthetics.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #7,962 of 33,689

Even at $60 I find it hard to believe they directly challenge the Rockets but I trust @peter123 s ear and judgement. When I first saw these I thought for sure they were another Memt X5 but apparently they are much better all the way around, guess I can sprint for $36 and give them a try
bigsmile_face.gif
Wonder if any of those limited reviews compare these to say the TA Hyperion?

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #7,963 of 33,689

Even at $60 I find it hard to believe they directly challenge the Rockets but I trust @peter123 s ear and judgement. When I first saw these I thought for sure they were another Memt X5 but apparently they are much better all the way around, guess I can sprint for $36 and give them a try
bigsmile_face.gif

Been listening to the original for about an album or so, and I forgot how fun the sound signature is.  Certainly a bassy little IEM, but not enough to ruin the vocals.  Also comes with huge nozzles for the shell size, and will cause discomfort for some.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #7,964 of 33,689

I have the original and frankly I have not given them enough eartime given how often I use earbuds.  I should remedy that immediately!

Go for it! I wonder if they changed the tuning at all between ver 1 and 2. The nozzle was definitely updated.

I'll be posting one soon-ish. Need to get through some other stuff first.

bigsmile_face.gif

I don't think he meant they challenged the Rockets, but sounded reminiscent of them. At least that's how I read into it. I haven't used them enough to make any definitive statements, but first impressions say they aren't batting above their price point; they're just priced accordingly.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #7,965 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back