Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #7,921 of 33,689
Apr 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #7,923 of 33,689
Pro is $20...P1 is $200 it better be better.

OK, I can answer this from my point of ear:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: None, and I mean none of my $0 to $75 iem's can touch my P-1's for overall listening satisfaction first, comfort and build, and apprearance because I think the P-1 is gorgous but I've always been a sucka fo curves:stuck_out_tongue: But none of my nice budget gems like ZST, Vyrus, 4In1, ZS3, Hyperion, SE215, EX1 , M4, Klipsch S4's or ****'s come close for me. IMHO the Mee P-1 is a clear step up from any of these and deservedly so:thumbsup:

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #7,924 of 33,689

just saw this photo of seahf iem's on facebook posted by the guy behind ty hi-z, HE, ColaRad, and now responsible for "seahf"

Quote:
saw these and ordered the red flat cable ones

Quote:

The G3 are open back, will be interesting to see if these are also open.

I actually have those. Here are pictures of the new Seahf IEM

Apparently these are supposed to be similar to the Ty Hi-Z G3. I didn't even open them until today lol, off to burn these in and see.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #7,925 of 33,689
  Recently received the Swing EC1 (triple driver) $32.90 at Penon.
Nice sounding IEM with clear details and strong bass - a little bit hot on top for my taste.
Foam tips and my tube amp. helps a lot and it sounds well on Xduoo X3 as well.

Quote:
  Love the Octopus

Does the EC1 come with the Octopus?
ksc75smile.gif
 ....love the Octopus, as well!

They definitely do not suck! They are however, very tip dependent (annoying as it has a small nozzle so limits tip selection), for example with triple flanges they just did not sound right at all for me, far too dark. I am sure you will like them, they are fun to listen to! 

Quote:
  Lol fair point!  I guess it just makes it easier to go to one place instead of combing through endless pages on Head fi looking for impressions.  I've been looking at getting the Memt x5 and i can get it for $13.  Just trying to gather information and comparisons can be a daunting challenge on this site sometimes.

Best I can say is that if you buy, or happen to have a "one-size-bigger", double-flange silicone ear tips, you will definitely won't be dissappointed with the X5. ....bass is tamed and the vocals and highs really come alive.
wink.gif

....this is a "must try" to understand what the X5's are capable of at their price point.

Quote:
:innocent: No, not really. Hyped per se. The X5 are quite good for a very inexpensive IEM. But they are what they are and they fill a niche'

Just don't go comparing them against Mid tier or TOTL IEMs , they simply won't hold up on A//B comparison.

But for sub $15 phones they are a riot and fun.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Quote:
I have never encountered a tiny driver that can handle POWER like the X5. I've thrown juice at them that would distort the crap out of many much more expensive earphones.

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: Keith

Yea, for their price and for a 6mm micro-driver, it can dish out plenty of power!  
basshead.gif
 ....Hail to the king of 6mm micro power!

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #7,926 of 33,689
Technically Chinese.... you guys really need to get the Monoprice M1060 and try cskippy's mods on them. Mind blowing. Puts my old HE-500 to shame. No joke.

Blame the M1060 for my review delays. It sounds stupid good Balanced from my Infinity V2+. MMCX connectors too, which I love and everyone else hates. Less cables for me to own.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #7,927 of 33,689
I've narrowed My first chi-fi purchase down to either the urbanfun hifi or the einsear T2.
Anything else I should consider as far as natural/non fatiguing before pulling the trigger? I'm looking at NiceHCK store on AliExpress.

If the new seahf IEMs are like the G3, i'm probably not interest right?

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #7,928 of 33,689
OK, I can answer tgis frim my point of ear:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: None, and I mean none if my $0 to $75 iem's can touch my P-1's for overall listening satisfaction first, comfort and build, and apprearance because I think the P-1 is gorgous but I've always been a sucka fo curves:stuck_out_tongue: But none of my nice budget gems like ZST, Vyrus, 4In1, ZS3, Hyperion, SE215, EX1 , M4, Klipsch S4's or Saver's come close for me. IMHO the Mee P-1 is a clear step up from any of these and deservedly si:thumbsup:

I definitely get that Pod but the question is if I have A4, which I'm listening to right now, do I "need" P1. You and Twin are pushing me towards that P1 cliff but do I really need another 200 dollar mid tier...Inquiring minds.....

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #7,929 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler
I think these look gorgeous. 5mm micro-driver!!! I can't find any info on them though. Thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/119089_32752459434.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.83.jKAGes

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #7,930 of 33,689
I prefer the Philips 3590 over both the ATE and ED9. Hell, it's the best sub $25 IEM I've owned. I just never realized it and forgot about it.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #7,932 of 33,689
Does memt x5 has dense and thick vocals and instruments sound like monk plus or thin like sound like 4in1.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #7,933 of 33,689
OK, I can answer this from my point of ear:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: None, and I mean none of my $0 to $75 iem's can touch my P-1's for overall listening satisfaction first, comfort and build, and apprearance because I think the P-1 is gorgous but I've always been a sucka fo curves:stuck_out_tongue: But none of my nice budget gems like ZST, Vyrus, 4In1, ZS3, Hyperion, SE215, EX1 , M4, Klipsch S4's or ****'s come close for me. IMHO the Mee P-1 is a clear step up from any of these and deservedly so:thumbsup:

Agreed! I'm strictly talking isolation! 

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #7,934 of 33,689
  @B9Scrambler
I think these look gorgeous. 5mm micro-driver!!! I can't find any info on them though. Thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/119089_32752459434.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.83.jKAGes

Wow! ...nice find!
cool.gif

Does memt x5 has dense and thick vocals and instruments sound like monk plus or thin like sound like 4in1.

Well? ...With the single-flange silicone ear tips they definitely sound dense and thicker while still providing nice clarity overall playing on the warmer side. But, if you happen to have a medium/larger size double-flange silicone ear tips, they will definitely bring out a more vivid and clear overall balance with livelier midrange and upper details that will clearly make a difference.

I believe that this was MEMT's intension after having a quick "chat", by way of WeChat, today in China. ...Translating can be a challenge, though!
redface.gif

....He is on the verge of providing the bigger "double-flange silicone ear tips needed". Haha!....let's see!
etysmile.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #7,935 of 33,689
Does anyone own both the Urbanfun HIFI and the KZ ATR?

The ATR is no match for the Urbanfun to be honest. Surely the ATR is decent for the 4$ it cost but in comparison they lose in every other aspect (jmmv)
I'm still wondering where the hype came from since other headphones are so much better. I might have a broken pair though, just used them for an hour after burn in to see what they sound like vs others, now they are in the 'if everything else breaks' drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back