Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 28, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #20,206 of 33,689
Interesting - I've been using mine with the Auvio wide bore tips because I get a better seal that way. I might re-run graphs with 2 or 3 different tips and compare.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #20,207 of 33,689
Here the dramatic re-enactment, how Otto Motor returns his ED16 to the "drawer of forgotten gear". The commode is typical "Saskatchewan Baroque". Now you all know what I look like...or not :wink:.

Any "old-stock Canadian" would call such storage "finished basement".

I spy a US $2 bill in there!

Those are worth...........$2

Or $700 in Canadian dollars lol

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #20,209 of 33,689
If that is you, then who was that guy in your videos?

btw, I was only able to get a seal on my ED16 with CP100 spinfit tips. With those I do not find the ED16 thin at all and it is so comfortable. Now I think I will have to use them tomorrow.
No, that wasn't me...I just googled for "drawer of forgotten gear". I am much older...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Can't afford spinfits.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #20,210 of 33,689
everybody getting their gear left & right while I'm here waiting for the Kanas Pro & the EP10 ...

giphy.gif

please Canada post, I love you, don't do this to me :'(

On a similar note, my heart goes out to CUPW. Fellas have been having a really hard time. If you're in Canada and see them, just thank them for the hard work they go through. It'll make their day infinitely better. :beyersmile:

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #20,211 of 33,689
EZAUDIO D4 after basshole surgery!

Procedure: taped over the front vents, then poked a small needle hole in each, checking with measurements until the channels had a good match at a good level (confirmed with listening).

Here a comparison of FR curves of the fixed D4's bassholes against my modded Blitzwolf's ES1.

EZ Audio D4 fixed vs BW ES1 Advanced.jpg

And here the D4's impedance.

EZ Audio D4 impedance.jpg

@Wiljen noted the D4s were quite hard to drive (like the BWs) actually) and we wondered if the impedance or sensitivity specs were incorrect. The measured the impedance is 32 Ohms as stated, so it'll be the sensitivity.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #20,212 of 33,689
@Otto Motor how abt the ZSR vs ZSN? I am still undecided whether to get the latter :thinking:

Nov 29, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #20,213 of 33,689
@Otto Motor how abt the ZSR vs ZSN? I am still undecided whether to get the latter :thinking:

After reading many reviews online i have to say everyone says ZSN is a better version of ES4.
ZSR should be more "monitor like" but people say that has a lot of sibilance, stating that ed16 is a sort of ZSR's evolution with less sibilance and more balanced experience.

ZSN is anyway quite new but hope you'll find someone here who has both so he can compare b2b.

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #20,214 of 33,689
I must just mention because I'm not sure if people are aware but Dunu have a sale on at dunuusa. As far as I know, the sale is supposed to be over, but it is still up on the website. Just letting you know, because I think they deserve some attention. They only deliver in the US.
Didn't know where else to post to a wider audience. Hurry as the deals are quite good.

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #20,215 of 33,689
Does anyone know the "BANGGOOD store on ali? Is that the official ali side of the banggood webshop or a fake? I waited 19 days now without a tracking number .. and now it says "shipping cancelled" and the seller tells me they cancelled it because the parcel was damaged and asks me to wait another 7-10 days for simply shipping the good .... I am rather annoyed right now. On ebay, this is a known scamming techniwue to get you past the date where you can complain, I'm not sure ali express has a limit for disputes, does anyone know if that is the case?

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #20,216 of 33,689
Hello guys!
A friend is searching for someone who lives in the U.S./U.S.A. in order to test a new product (obviously free of charge)
Feel free to contact me in PM so i can get in contact with her.

Thanks foe helping in advance

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #20,217 of 33,689
Does anyone know the "BANGGOOD store on ali? Is that the official ali side of the banggood webshop or a fake? I waited 19 days now without a tracking number .. and now it says "shipping cancelled" and the seller tells me they cancelled it because the parcel was damaged and asks me to wait another 7-10 days for simply shipping the good .... I am rather annoyed right now. On ebay, this is a known scamming techniwue to get you past the date where you can complain, I'm not sure ali express has a limit for disputes, does anyone know if that is the case?

Aliexpress customer service can be a good way to solve your doubts.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #20,218 of 33,689
Aliexpress customer service can be a good way to solve your doubts.

I'll give them another chance, but only up to the (very long ... another 45 days) "closing time" for the order .. I'll file a complaint then. It's a pair of BGVP DM6s I really wanted to arrive ... everything else came from ali, but not the most important order :frowning2: I assume the "7-10 days of testing the good" they ask for is because they actually have to make one. It's all quite irritating. Makes me lose trust in AE, although I had a few good experiences. This all sounds like some stalling salami tactic.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #20,219 of 33,689
After reading many reviews online i have to say everyone says ZSN is a better version of ES4.
ZSR should be more "monitor like" but people say that has a lot of sibilance, stating that ed16 is a sort of ZSR's evolution with less sibilance and more balanced experience.

ZSN is anyway quite new but hope you'll find someone here who has both so he can compare b2b.
I didnt really paid attention to the ES4 as there wasnt a hype train lol but the train for the ZSN is unstoppable right now.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #20,220 of 33,689
I didnt really paid attention to the ES4 as there wasnt a hype train lol but the train for the ZSN is unstoppable right now.
As it should be - the ZSN is fun as screw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back