Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #17,536 of 33,689
There are many layers to reviews. The utility of a review is largely determined by the level of trust associated with that reviewer. I won't even get into the specifics of that because it's a touchy subject.
Another factor to consider is the uniqueness of our preferences and ears.

Either way, the oddity is is that most reviewers consider the AS10 decent but a lot of the purchasers (not mutually exclusive but..) have found it disappointing. Personally, I don't own an AS10 but I've heard it and given my impressions.

SN: Thank you @antdroid for your measurements and review. You share similar sentiments (not without some contentious points though) on the AS10 but I found it odd that your conclusion was different. That probably came down to personal preference.

My review was trying to be objective as much as possible since it is not my normal sound signature. I prefer neutral/bright signatures but as something that is on the warmer end of neutral, I still find it very good for it's price range. I don't try to hate on everything unless its absolutely warranted. My personal preference would be the Tin Audio T2 if I was going to get an IEM in this price range. It does what "I" like the best, but I think many people will enjoy the AS10 as well. I point out a lot of flaws with it in my "review" but that's because I'm trying to be honest.

At the end of the day though, this is still a budget headphone, so I can't be overly critical. I hope people aren't finding the flaws I am writing about in my "reviews" as fatal flaws. I will write that if it really was (for me ZS6's treble was a fatal flaw for me as much as I tried to eq it, and use 20+ different tips to get it working because it has miles and miles of potential!)

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #17,537 of 33,689
Can't wait to hear the TRN v80 which was shipped yesterday..
China post is so slow but i'm freaking out of my pants and shoes to have a listen with those little beasts.
Thanks @Otto Motor and @B9Scrambler for their thoughts and patience as i've decided because of their patience and well-made reviews.
These guys are amazing and this is what makes head-fi a real BIG family, a place where everyone always try to help others.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #17,538 of 33,689
China post is so slow but i'm freaking out of my pants and shoes to have a listen with those little beasts.
Thanks @Otto Motor and @B9Scrambler for their thoughts and patience as i've decided because of their patience and well-made reviews.
These guys are amazing and this is what makes head-fi a real BIG family, a place where everyone always try to help others.

I got Tin Audio t2 but they didnt ship it out even after 3 days.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #17,539 of 33,689
Hi all,

13 years(!) lurker, first time poster here. I've recently got the budget kings V80, ED16 and V20. After the initial enthusiasm they've all been disappointing to me because of their exaggerated treble. Apparently I'm really sensitive to that, they get fatiguing fast. I guess I should've figured that out since my most used IEMs have been the Sony MH1 and Memt X5. Is there a multi-driver IEM from China that still retains the technical abilities of DD+BA combo but that does not have exaggerated treble? Any recommendations? Thanks a bunch!

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #17,540 of 33,689
Hi all,

13 years(!) lurker, first time poster here. I've recently got the budget kings V80, ED16 and V20. After the initial enthusiasm they've all been disappointing to me because of their exaggerated treble. Apparently I'm really sensitive to that, they get fatiguing fast. I guess I should've figured that out since my most used IEMs have been the Sony MH1 and Memt X5. Is there a multi-driver IEM from China that still retains the technical abilities of DD+BA combo but that does not have exaggerated treble? Any recommendations? Thanks a bunch!
I would say the BQEYZ K2 (see my review at the link below) which is technically adept but has a nice, smooth treble. For a single dynamic driver alternative, I've been very impressed by the DEAT Hifi Small. PM me for info on one more if you're curious as well.

By the way, since that was your first post after lurking for such a long time let me be the first to say: Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #17,541 of 33,689
As somebody, who has a problem with too sharp treble, I think the V80s could be too much for me, specially because I don't use EQ. So the BQEYZ K2 seems to be the better solution, also I think to buy the Tin Audio T2, or are these two IEs too equal?

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #17,542 of 33,689
I would say the BQEYZ K2 (see my review at the link below) which is technically adept but has a nice, smooth treble. For a single dynamic driver alternative, I've been very impressed by the DEAT Hifi Small. PM me for info on one more if you're curious as well.

By the way, since that was your first post after lurking for such a long time let me be the first to say: Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. :)
A reply from the venerable crabdog, I'm honored. I actually beat you to it and orderd the BQEYZ K2 from the Aliexpress sale a couple of days ago, hoping it will be everything I've ever wanted.
After all these years, I think my wallet has already taken the hit :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #17,543 of 33,689
As somebody, who has a problem with too sharp treble, I think the V80s could be too much for me, specially because I don't use EQ. So the BQEYZ K2 seems to be the better solution, also I think to buy the Tin Audio T2, or are these two IEs too equal?
Both great choices but have their differences. The T2 is a bit leaner and has a striking, natural timbre and large soundstage. Can be worn cable up or down but some find it a bit uncomfortable. The K2 is smoother with a warmer tonality but still has good separation and detail. Both have detachable cable so can be upgraded/replaced if you desire. They would be a great pair to compliment each other and different enough to warrant owning both :D

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #17,544 of 33,689
A reply from the venerable crabdog, I'm honored. I actually beat you to it and orderd the BQEYZ K2 from the Aliexpress sale a couple of days ago, hoping it will be everything I've ever wanted.
After all these years, I think my wallet has already taken the hit :beyersmile:
He is too modest to acknowledge that title :)
Lucky # 13

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #17,545 of 33,689
I got Tin Audio t2 but they didnt ship it out even after 3 days.
The store from where i bought my trn v80 shipped the product in the same day of the order.
I ordered it monday and today my packet is ready to be shipped.
I bought from AK audio store and hope they have a nice customer service.

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #17,546 of 33,689
Both great choices but have their differences. The T2 is a bit leaner and has a striking, natural timbre and large soundstage. Can be worn cable up or down but some find it a bit uncomfortable. The K2 is smoother with a warmer tonality but still has good separation and detail. Both have detachable cable so can be upgraded/replaced if you desire. They would be a great pair to compliment each other and different enough to warrant owning both :D

Perfect, thank you. So I'm going to buy both and write a review, as far as they arrived and are tested :)

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #17,547 of 33,689

I would really like to see KZ take a page out of PHB's playbook and offer a similar storage case for their IEMs.
Now that KZ has made the jump to $50+ IEMs (ZS10, AS10 and the upcoming BA10) there is no reason for them not to INCLUDE their own branded storage case.

HTB1f40rcQ.HL1JjSZFlq6yiRFXaz.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Something like this can be found on AliExpress for less than $1 per piece and that includes mark-up/profit margin. I'm sure requesting something a little bit wider and slightly more shallow would be easy to accommodate. Put the KZ logo on top and a foam/felt insert inside to protect the IEMs and they can one-up every budget IEM on the market.

If PHB had the foresight to do it at $38 which is in line with KZ's competitive prices then.....

Screenshot_2018-08-29-04-01-58.png

The best way to excel in a flooded market is to under-promise, over-deliver and do just a little bit more than your competitors.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #17,549 of 33,689
Let's hope posteitaliane are not planning on having a strike!

Oh, and don't forget to add the PHB EM-023, which has the smoothest treble of all!!!!

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #17,550 of 33,689
I would really like to see KZ take a page out of PHB's playbook and offer a similar storage case for their IEMs.

Doc, how did you make the black PHB box work for you? The foam takes a lot of space and when you take it out it is all metal. And the iems in that stiff bag don't fit in there anymore.

P.S. I am spoilt from the similar looking however well padded and very sturdy iBasso box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back