Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 28, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #17,521 of 33,689
but you were shredding magazines...
oh, no Slater was making magazine pie...I just like a little powdered cellulose with my shredded parm

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #17,522 of 33,689
No no, he was saying to use headphones, to listen to YouTube review videos about headphones, as background noise while doing other activities (like cleaning the house).

So I said “isn’t that what music is for?” (Ie listening to music on headphones as background noise while doing other activities like cleaning the house).

That’s the equivalent of taking a food magazine or recipe book, and tearing pages out and shredding them up and using them to bake into a homemade magazine pie. Mmmm tasty haha
I mean, sometimes its nice to listen to something other than music while doing something like a podcast :)

Don't think its quite as bad as making a paper pie

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #17,523 of 33,689
Just got my first pair, EDR1's. They have a big sound to them but way too bass heavy for me. Not great for rock music because the vocals seem unfocused compared to the background instruments. I don't like a lot of silibance but I find my earbuds like Qian39ns or VEMonks to be a bit more clear sounding.

The other thing I'm a bit disappointed about these is that they aren't good for small ear canals, very stiff and the tip thingy is big in diameter, putting small silicone tips at the end doesn't help much either so the seal isn't great. Anyways, good earphones overall but I think I'll try different ones in the under-$10ish range for listening to rock/indie on the bus.

Aug 28, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #17,524 of 33,689
Just got my first pair, EDR1's. They have a big sound to them but way too bass heavy for me. Not great for rock music because the vocals seem unfocused compared to the background instruments. I don't like a lot of silibance but I find my earbuds like Qian39ns or VEMonks to be a bit more clear sounding.

The other thing I'm a bit disappointed about these is that they aren't good for small ear canals, very stiff and the tip thingy is big in diameter, putting small silicone tips at the end doesn't help much either so the seal isn't great. Anyways, good earphones overall but I think I'll try different ones in the under-$10ish range for listening to rock/indie on the bus.

The stock tips that come with them are rubbish. For better sound, replace the tips with something else. I recommend experimenting with different tips (called tip rolling) to find a set of tips that sound the best to you. I use wide bore tips on my main pair, which reduces the bass and improves the soundstage.

Aug 28, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #17,525 of 33,689
I wonder if bad guy good audio is under some nickname around us.

Show up dude, you videos are very useful and i appreciate it very much! With all that knowledge of chi-fi he must come around here sometimes.

But the videos are indeed boring lol. It lacks objectivity.

Yes, I completely disagree with that dude about the KZ ZS10, AS10, and TRN V80. The ZS10 is not that bad. It's pretty dam good. The AS10 is not better than the ZS10, it's even more V-shaped than the ZS10. The TRN V80 is also not better with that congested sound and distorted treble. I don't trust the dude based on those 3 reviews alone. I know we all hear differently but that's just too much unless he had a fake ZS10.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #17,526 of 33,689
I don't have either, but all the other YT reviewers I've seen agreed, they prefer the AS10 over ZS10 and overall say it's better in almost every way. Just saying he's not alone on this.

Yes, I completely disagree with that dude about the KZ ZS10, AS10, and TRN V80. The ZS10 is not that bad. It's pretty dam good. The AS10 is not better than the ZS10, it's even more V-shaped than the ZS10. The TRN V80 is also not better with that congested sound and distorted treble. I don't trust the dude based on those 3 reviews alone. I know we all hear differently but that's just too much unless he had a fake ZS10.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #17,527 of 33,689
That's not how I hear the V80 but I do agree it's not perfect.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #17,528 of 33,689
I don't have either, but all the other YT reviewers I've seen agreed, they prefer the AS10 over ZS10 and overall say it's better in almost every way. Just saying he's not alone on this.
I’m sure a lot do. But having the two side by side, the AS10 sounds like the ZS10 with more low end and a sharper treble to compensate for the increased low end and a smaller soundstage. These dudes make it sound like KZ made a substantial change with the AS10. You get what you expect with a ZS10 with more bass, a more V sound. Both great headphones, but ZS10 had a hate train. You listen to these back to back and the hate train is obvious.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #17,529 of 33,689
I’m sure a lot do. But having the two side by side, the AS10 sounds like the ZS10 with more low end and a sharper treble to compensate for the increased low end and a smaller soundstage. These dudes make it sound like KZ made a substantial change with the AS10. You get what you expect with a ZS10 with more bass, a more V sound. Both great headphones, but ZS10 had a hate train. You listen to these back to back and the hate train is obvious.

Where is the hate? All I've seen is they recommend AS10, but do say if you already got the ZS10, you'll enjoy it as well.

I'll wait to see what KZ does with BA10 and see if TRN makes some further improvements. Personally all I'm looking for from TRN is tweaks to treble tuning and add a proper crossover. That would be about it.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #17,531 of 33,689
Where is the hate? All I've seen is they recommend AS10, but do say if you already got the ZS10, you'll enjoy it as well.

I'll wait to see what KZ does with BA10 and see if TRN makes some further improvements. Personally all I'm looking for from TRN is tweaks to treble tuning and add a proper crossover. That would be about it.

The V80 has a crossover.

Also, a lot of people disliked the ZS10 when it was released, which is where the “hate” came from. But just like anything, there will be those that like a certain product’s tuning, and those that hate it. For example, I don’t have any problem with the ZS6 and really like it; others hate it. And so on and so on.

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #17,532 of 33,689
Wish the V80 was more consistent. I don't mind the treble most of time, but w/ Fear and Loathing from Las Vegas, pick any album, it's awful...

I wonder if TRN used two separate BA rather than the dual BA would make a difference.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #17,533 of 33,689
There are many layers to reviews. The utility of a review is largely determined by the level of trust associated with that reviewer. I won't even get into the specifics of that because it's a touchy subject.
Another factor to consider is the uniqueness of our preferences and ears.

Either way, the oddity is is that most reviewers consider the AS10 decent but a lot of the purchasers (not mutually exclusive but..) have found it disappointing. Personally, I don't own an AS10 but I've heard it and given my impressions.

SN: Thank you @antdroid for your measurements and review. You share similar sentiments (not without some contentious points though) on the AS10 but I found it odd that your conclusion was different. That probably came down to personal preference.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #17,534 of 33,689
The V80 has a crossover.

Also, a lot of people disliked the ZS10 when it was released, which is where the “hate” came from. But just like anything, there will be those that like a certain product’s tuning, and those that hate it. For example, I don’t have any problem with the ZS6 and really like it; others hate it. And so on and so on.
I reviewed the ZS10 but never "hate" anything. For me, the pompously announced 10 drivers were a gimmick considering that the vocals were so recessed. If people like the ZS10 I am happy for them, because that's what it is all about.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #17,535 of 33,689
What makes me safe about the as10 was that when i bought zs10, i had my expectations very low. Because of the hate. But i loved them, and my poor man analysis of the sound was pretty much on par with b9 review. And he liked very much on as10, more even than zs10. Also, the qualities stated on as10 is what i am looking for. A musical, warm, well bodyed yet somewhat technical sound. Zs10 already excells in layering and imaging of stage for example. The bass was a bit off on them, however. But now we have a b.a! That was said to have more texture and a better decay. Good! Better vocals and brighter treble. Perfect!

The thing is i am NOT looking for a 45$ iem that DESTROYS 200$ brainwavz b400 !!! I know what i want, i am sure that as10 will deliver it. The thing that b9 and other's that i saw can make a parallel between the two, is just a plus.

But what about people that don't have the knowledge of the past zs10 or don't know wich reviewer bias trust ? I think we should think about those people and think a little more of our statements, before burning a iem that could make someone happy. There are so heated opinions of "200$ beater" to "trash congested dark iem". I haven't received mine yet. But i know for sure it will be none of the two.

If as10 be just a tiny better mids, with tiny more sparkle and more revealing bass zs10. It would be already wonderful. I think the 5 driver, marketing thing create a alias of our view on the iem. I don't think we have the right to bash one iem just because it didn't reach our favourite signature, and often we do it here. Me included. Sometimes we get to the point of "oh, its not better than, or as better as twice its price iem, TRASH"

Sorry, i just lose sleep and i am writing everywhere hahaha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back