Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 20, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #16,711 of 33,689
this is a really weird FR for a iem look at that massive boost at 3k and also a early roll off starting at 6k
it doesn't look that good

That graph is whacked.

I have the B3. It's basically neutral, like the Tin Audio T2.

That graph would sound like a 1970s Japanese transistor radio sitting inside of a metal garbage can.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #16,712 of 33,689
That graph is whacked.

I have the B3. It's basically neutral, like the Tin Audio T2.

That graph would sound like a 1970s Japanese transistor radio sitting inside of a metal garbage can.
hmm i saw this graph on amazon in product images if this graph is false then its a relief how do t2 and b3 compare in terms of instrument separation and soundstage?

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #16,713 of 33,689
hmm i saw this graph on amazon in product images if this graph is false then its a relief how do t2 and b3 compare in terms of instrument separation and soundstage?

Ah, don’t pay too much attention to graphs like that. Take that stuff for a grain of salt. Who knows what equipment it was taken on, if the mic was properly calibrated, what coupler they used and if it was even an industry standard, what tips they used (if they even used any at all), if the graph is raw or compensated data, if it was smoothed and by how much, etc.

As far as soundstage, both have pretty average soundstages. Nothing knock your socks off, but not compressed either. Just average.

The B3 has deeper sub bass extension IMO. That’s the T2s big weakness. Other than that, they are both fairly similar in tuning, and are both excellent IEMs. You can’t go wrong with either. It’s like trying to compare a Mercedes AMG with a BMW M series. They’re both awesome, and the differences are splitting hairs.

Do note that the B3 has a fixed cable. The T2 is obviously replaceable as it is MMCX.

The B3 is a beautiful work of art though. Easily the sexiest wood IEM you’ll ever see. The Magaosi BK50 is a close 2nd for looks though.

You WILL definitely get a lot of compliments on the B3 if you end up buying it. It’s that drop dead gorgeous.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #16,714 of 33,689
this is a really weird FR for a iem look at that massive boost at 3k and also a early roll off starting at 6k
it doesn't look that good
Graphs don't begin to tell the whole story though. Hopefully other users of the B3 chime in and give their thoughts on them as well. Everyones comments that I read about before purchasing them, were very positive. I didn't buy them for the longest time though, because of that exact graph, but am glad I finally did. I honestly don't believe it's accurate at all, because they sound NOTHING like you'd think by looking at that graph. I know several other known posters here also have them (looms, dblaylock etc.) and recommend them as well. The new b3s have a more fun sound, but aren't nearly as balanced and neutral as the B3, graphs be darned.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #16,715 of 33,689
Ah, don’t pay too much attention to graphs like that. Take that stuff for a grain of salt. Who knows what equipment it was taken on, if the mic was properly calibrated, what coupler they used and if it was even an industry standard, what tips they used (if they even used any at all), if the graph is raw or compensated data, if it was smoothed and by how much, etc.

As far as soundstage, both have pretty average soundstages. Nothing knock your socks off, but not compressed either. Just average.

The B3 has deeper sub bass extension IMO. That’s the T2s big weakness. Other than that, they are both fairly similar, and both excellent IEMs.

Also be aware that B3 has a fixed cable. The T2 is obviously replaceable as it is MMCX.

The B3 is a beautiful work of art though. Easily the sexiest wood IEM you’ll ever see. The Magaosi BK50 is a close 2nd for looks though.

You WILL definitely get a lot of compliments on the B3 if you end up buying it. It’s that drop dead gorgeous.
Well said slater. You hit the nail on the head and articulated your thoughts way better than I could.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #16,716 of 33,689
No, it's being professional in your communication, regardless of whether or not it's a sample.

The B3 has deeper sub bass extension IMO. That’s the T2s big weakness. Other than that, they are both fairly similar in tuning, and are both excellent IEMs. You can’t go wrong with either. It’s like trying to compare a Mercedes AMG with a BMW M series. They’re both awesome, and the differences are splitting hairs.

Do note that the B3 has a fixed cable. The T2 is obviously replaceable as it is MMCX.

+1. make sure you get the original b3 and not the newer b3s, which is more v-shaped and bassier (tho still very good).

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #16,717 of 33,689
Here's my newest version of the b3 in all their glory. It's tuned like the b3, but with a silver cable attached.
20180429_095231.jpg

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #16,718 of 33,689
can someone give me link to original b3 because i don't know how to differentiate between original and new version?
whats the difference anyway?

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #16,719 of 33,689
Hello fellow headfiers i am looking for a sub-50$ iems with balanced signature ( light bass with depth) big soundstage with great instrument separation
i had kz es4 which i sold at mrp to a friend of mine so i am expecting my next iems to be an upgrade from es4
Thanks in advance
If you are looking to stay in the same budget, the KZ ED16 is similar to what you describe. More balanced, less boomy bass, good bass extension and bigger soundstage than ES4.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #16,720 of 33,689
If you are looking to stay in the same budget, the KZ ED16 is similar to what you describe. More balanced, less boomy bass, good bass extension and bigger soundstage than ES4.
nah i will pass them i didn't like the kz signature much on es4 so my hopes will be low for ed16 plus i hate ed16 cable and won't spend a buck on another cable any i think i am set on b3 :D

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #16,722 of 33,689
ok after some research i found that the cases included in package is different one has BLON logo on it and other has BOSSHIFI logo on it i can safely assume that the latter one is the original one
am i right?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #16,723 of 33,689
@Otto Motor given the negative amazon feedbacks and the reviews on the fiude being quite old, i decided to order on the TFZ exclusive 3, wich @B9Scrambler said is the best value of exclusive series at 59$. Let's wait them to get home! but your opinion is valuable and sadly i am not going to hear the fidue.

But i would love to have a friend who has the fidue laying around, because i want to learn how to tell what a great layering sounds, now that recently i learned better what exactly it is.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #16,724 of 33,689
@Otto Motor given the negative amazon feedbacks and the reviews on the fiude being quite old, i decided to order on the TFZ exclusive 3, wich @B9Scrambler said is the best value of exclusive series at 59$. Let's wait them to get home! but your opinion is valuable and sadly i am not going to hear the fidue.

But i would love to havea friend who has the fidue laying around, because i want to learn how to tell what a great layering sounds, now that recently i learned better what exactly it is.

Also, people from head-fi, the revonext qt2 from AMAZON is a hell of a iem, holy moly... timbre as natural as tin audio t2. Wich is remarkable. But with a L shape tuning. Fun and fullnes. Great. A lot of texture in the bass even they being quite fat compared to tin audio t2
I don't know the TFZ exclusive 3 but age is generally not an issue....cf. Etymotics and Sennheiser HD600/650. What you need is someone who knows the TFZ and Fidue. The Fidue is certainly better than the holy moly...

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #16,725 of 33,689
ok after some research i found that the cases included in package is different one has BLON logo on it and other has BOSSHIFI logo on it i can safely assume that the latter one is the original one
am i right?
The difference between the B3 and B3s is tuning and appearance. You're good getting the B3, as long as it had the all wood body and not the silver like the B3s. Blonde bought out Bosshifi, so the newer batches now come with the Blon case and not the bosshifi case, but they're still original and not fakes. I bought both versions just to make sure. I attempted to attach a link for both of the ones that I purchased, but wasn't able to on mobile for some reason. I will PM you and tell you the store that I bought them from on aliexpress. One last thing...I don't know what your budget is, but the B3 can be found onsale alot of times on Ali express, for as low as 20.00, but is well worth the up to 40.00 that it is priced at normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back