Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 25, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #16,231 of 33,689
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #16,232 of 33,689
Coming soon...my take on the Tinaudio T1. And, folks, if you want to see my T1 in a tree, you have to push the spoiler button...too much scrolling otherwise.

Nice warm day Otto.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #16,233 of 33,689
Rumour has it that Knowledge Zenith stopped production of the ED16 owing to poor sales in Asia...which is hard to understand looking at western forums, e.g. https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear

My TRN V60 replacement is on their way in the meantime. Check yours.

As to "upgrade" cables...have the drawer full of them following the last sale. Always good to have a stash of everything...also tips.

So ED16 sounds like they're going to be the next ZS5 v1?

Production stops because of poor reception. Then after they are all gone, a resurgence in the future makes them as rare as Atlantis.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #16,238 of 33,689
Jun 26, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #16,240 of 33,689
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #16,243 of 33,689
Anybody heard of Moon Drop(水月雨)before?
They have a CIEM called Blessing and it looks very promising!

It's a hybrid in a three-way design with a dynamic driver for bass and 4 BA receivers: 2x mid-high and 2x ultra high.

If anybody feels lucky, it's available here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...46459Bp0yW5&id=570912827188&scene=taobao_shop
I couldn't get my hand on the Blessing yet, but I have their Kanas Pro Edition and Liebesleid right here.
So far this is a very promising company. Build quality and packaging is quite good. I like the cables.

The Kanas got me hooked already. It's a neutral-tuned IEM with a single dynamic driver that has amazing speed. Midrange is neutral-ish, but the low-end has a boost in the sub bass. The treble is a bit softer around the sibilance area and picks up at 10+ kHz for some added detail. I can imagine this one is far less warm and bassy than most people are used to from a dynamic IEM.

The Liebesleid is... well, an earphone. My experience in this regard is not so big. I have the VE Monk and I used to own a Yuin PK2 but this is not the type of earphone I usually spend lots of money on. Sounds neutral but has no bass impact. Just what you'd expect from this type of design...

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #16,244 of 33,689
I couldn't get my hand on the Blessing yet, but I have their Kanas Pro Edition and Liebesleid right here.
So far this is a very promising company. Build quality and packaging is quite good. I like the cables.

The Kanas got me hooked already. It's a neutral-tuned IEM with a single dynamic driver that has amazing speed. Midrange is neutral-ish, but the low-end has a boost in the sub bass. The treble is a bit softer around the sibilance area and picks up at 10+ kHz for some added detail. I can imagine this one is far less warm and bassy than most people are used to from a dynamic IEM.

The Liebesleid is... well, an earphone. My experience in this regard is not so big. I have the VE Monk and I used to own a Yuin PK2 but this is not the type of earphone I usually spend lots of money on. Sounds neutral but has no bass impact. Just what you'd expect from this type of design...

I like the regular Kanas with the Kanas Pro cable better than the Kanas Pro. The Kanas Pro is a bit soft sounding compared to the punchy Kanas. Swapping the cable the Kanas will stay punchy with more relaxed headroom, so it sounds more open

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #16,245 of 33,689
Guys, what are the best fun sound signature chifis actually? 50 bucks max. Thanks!

I'd go with TRN V20.

I love mine. Some people have mentioned issues with the fit but it is fine for me.

ARTISTE DC1

Another excellent choice. Especially good if you don't want to wear the cable around your ear.

I first found out about the DC1 in the trinity thread and there has been quite a bit of praise for it.

Some impressions start here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...ull-hybrid-iem.796729/page-1622#post-14298867

more talk about it on the next pages including a photo that I posted

To be honest, technology has advanced to the point where there are many enjoyable iems below $50... often well below. Pick one you like the look of... search headfi for comments and go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back