Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #15,181 of 33,689
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #15,182 of 33,689
Rock Zircon is ok. It's V shaped signature may be good for some people but the detailing ain't that great. Bass is good. I do not find it more entertaining. Einsear T2 is more towards neutral sound, but the narrow soundstage is not complementary to the signature. These two iems are not much to my liking for the moment.

I think as long as the Zircon is listed on Audiobudget as 5-star, people are going to keep buying them not knowing they are not deserving of that rating. I'm sure 2 years from now there will still be people buying the Zircon thinking they must be stellar, only to be dissapointed when they receive them.

I know that's where many if not all of the Zircon purchases in the year (or 2) have been coming from.

They really need to be bumped down to a 3.5/5 on that site IMO. There's sooo much better stuff out there now.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #15,183 of 33,689
I think as long as the Zircon is listed on Audiobudget as 5-star, people are going to keep buying them not knowing they are not deserving of that rating. I'm sure 2 years from now there will still be people buying the Zircon thinking they must be stellar, only to be dissapointed when they receive them.

I know that's where many if not all of the Zircon purchases in the year (or 2) have been coming from.

They really need to be bumped down to a 3.5/5 on that site IMO. There's sooo much better stuff out there now.
I was one of those people who bought it (albeit super cheap, at least) because of his 5 star rating and full recommandation. As soon as I got them and fired up some songs, I was immediately disappointed. They sounded absolutely horrendous and gross compared to my RE400 and Urbanfun Hifi. They came off as a hollow and poorly-executed v-shaped signature. I thought I had bad ears or something because of how much people practically worshipped them. The only thing they’re good for are their nice eartips. Otherwise, they’re stuck in drawer hell for the foreseeable future.

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #15,186 of 33,689
Apr 17, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #15,187 of 33,689
im looking for some iems with a higher impedance (more than 32ohm).
are there some that u would recommend. price could be up to 20$
Do you mean iem or earbud?

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #15,188 of 33,689

Yeah, no way near 5. 3.5 looks good.

I was one of those people who bought it (albeit super cheap, at least) because of his 5 star rating and full recommandation. As soon as I got them and fired up some songs, I was immediately disappointed. They sounded absolutely horrendous and gross compared to my RE400 and Urbanfun Hifi. They came off as a hollow and poorly-executed v-shaped signature. I thought I had bad ears or something because of how much people practically worshipped them. The only thing they’re good for are their nice eartips. Otherwise, they’re stuck in drawer hell for the foreseeable future.
Tips are nice. Craftsmanship is good too. But the sound is not up to the others in same bracket.

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #15,190 of 33,689
"Slightly over your budget ($29) and an earbud, but the HE 150Pro (150 ohms) is excellent value: https://penonaudio.com/he-150pro.html"

I picked that earbud up and wasn't impressed, might need a burn in or new tips(don;'t know what)
but it didn't sound very good
weird shape too.

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #15,191 of 33,689
Go green! :)

Noble Sage
Campfire Audio Andromeda
Acoustune HS1503 AL

photo_2018-04-18_02-01-34.jpg

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #15,192 of 33,689
"Slightly over your budget ($29) and an earbud, but the HE 150Pro (150 ohms) is excellent value: https://penonaudio.com/he-150pro.html"

I picked that earbud up and wasn't impressed, might need a burn in or new tips(don;'t know what)
but it didn't sound very good
weird shape too.
Not sure if it's a quality issue, personal preference or something else but I think it sounds very good for the money. Maybe it's to do with ear anatomy - I find that earbuds change sound drastically depending on insertion depth and angle etc. I use mine with the stock foams.

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #15,193 of 33,689
Not sure if it's a quality issue, personal preference or something else but I think it sounds very good for the money. Maybe it's to do with ear anatomy - I find that earbuds change sound drastically depending on insertion depth and angle etc. I use mine with the stock foams.

If you start wearing them sideways, you'll get more consistency.

Apr 17, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #15,194 of 33,689
Have you audition the FD01 and compare them with the FX1100 and FW01 ,???
Just got my FD01. Will give a short impression of it soon. Maybe a comparing between FW01 and FX1100 as well!

Apr 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #15,195 of 33,689
im looking for some iems with a higher impedance (more than 32ohm).
are there some that u would recommend. price could be up to 20$

I am considering the QKZ DM300 which is 96 Ohm and has a good rating on Vidal's site. I want a higher impedance IEM for the Zishan Z2, which reportedly has a higher impedance output. It's only $6.01 at Fasttech. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen any reviews on the DM300 paired with the Z2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back