Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #15,151 of 33,689
At around $250 that puts it in a very crowded bracket to compete with, Several good new, and a lot of pre-owned $350-400 stuff that winds up selling for the $250 range. It will be interesting for sure.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #15,152 of 33,689
One thing we can say is Fiio has certainly been aggressive in releasing updated products and attentive to customer issues. Kudos to them on that, Price tags have been steadily sneaking upward with each new generation though so I will be interested to see if the FH5 drives the price of the F9 down or if it comes in at $200 and leaves the F9 Pro at the $140 mark where it sits now. I would love to see them push the price envelope as hard as they are pushing the model releases. Put the FH5 out at the $99 mark and see how many other outfits you can put out of business with it please!

Is the once talked of $199 F9 LTD still a go or no longer coming? If still a thing I think the FH5 is stuck at $249 but might be $200 for Black Friday :)

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #15,154 of 33,689
I'd do the Fiio F9 Pro (if you can find it on sale), brainwavz b150, or the Ibasso IT01 over the K3. The Magaosi K5 is nice but needs some help in the cable department and is considerably over the $100 mark.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #15,155 of 33,689
20180412_090702.jpg

Moondrop Kanas... Niiice... Compliments the Liebesleid nicely. I think it would dethrone the King Pro as my daily on the go IEM

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #15,156 of 33,689

Moondrop Kanas... Niiice... Compliments the Liebesleid nicely. I think it would dethrone the King Pro as my daily on the go IEM
Would you be kind enough to give a brief comparison between the two? Thanks

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #15,157 of 33,689
Would you be kind enough to give a brief comparison between the two? Thanks

The Kanas fits my preference better than the King Pro. It's tuned similar to Ety ER4XR (similar "sitting among the players" kind of staging), but with bigger bass and leaner mids (ER4XR still have better resolution on treble). Comparing the King Pro, Kanas, and ER4XR :
Bass: King Pro < Kanas < ER4XR
Mids: ER4XR < Kanas < King Pro
Treble: ER4XR < Kanas < King Pro

Not saying the King Pro is bad in any way (it's great actually), but for my taste the Kanas takes the cake

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #15,158 of 33,689
Hey, I'm thinking of getting the Magaosi K3 pro. I want something that is pretty easy to drive and has amazing Sq, don't really have a preferred signature. Any better options in the ~$100 range?
I'd suggest the iBasso IT01 over the Magaosi K3 Pro which I also own if it was a totally blind recommendation. If I knew what type of sound you were looking for or if you preferred dynamic driver or balanced armature produced sound that would perhaps change my answer. Or things like detail over vocals or mids over highs or bass before everything, etc. You get the idea

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #15,159 of 33,689
I'd suggest the iBasso IT01 over the Magaosi K3 Pro which I also own if it was a totally blind recommendation. If I knew what type of sound you were looking for or if you preferred dynamic driver or balanced armature produced sound that would perhaps change my answer. Or things like detail over vocals or mids over highs or bass before everything, etc. You get the idea

What, in your opinion, is the difference between "dynamic driver or balanced armature produced sound"?

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #15,160 of 33,689

What, in your opinion, is the difference between "dynamic driver or balanced armature produced sound"?

with today's tech, the sound difference between the dynamic and BAs is really blurred that it all comes down to the tuning that's important .

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #15,161 of 33,689
with today's tech, the sound difference between the dynamic and BAs is really blurred that it all comes down to the tuning that's important .

I agree that the above can be true if other factors are used to compensate for a drivers natural tendencies but in a lot of cases you can still hear the difference between dynamics and BA. Dynamics tend to be associated with better prat and thump while BAs tend to be tighter more digital and clinical sounding. Both can be made amazing (the Comet or B150 as examples of single BA full range instances) but often you can tell the driver type by the sound signature.

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #15,162 of 33,689

This is my experience as well.....

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #15,164 of 33,689
Rock Zircon arrived. Comparing with MEMT X5, the bass is a little loose on decay. And mids sound compressed, not sure why is it so? I will give some more time to burn-in. Overall, MEMT X5 are more controlled and precise with good enough bass presence.

My preference so far

KZ ZSR = FXT90 > MEMT X5 > Einsear T2 > Rock Zircon

MEMT X5 are just so comfortable and low profile that I can go to sleep listening to them. MEMT X5 can be listened to for longer duration without any noticeable fatigue.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #15,165 of 33,689
Rock Zircon arrived. Comparing with MEMT X5, the bass is a little loose on decay. And mids sound compressed, not sure why is it so? I will give some more time to burn-in. Overall, MEMT X5 are more controlled and precise with good enough bass presence.

My preference so far

KZ ZSR = FXT90 > MEMT X5 > Einsear T2 > Rock Zircon

MEMT X5 are just so comfortable and low profile that I can go to sleep listening to them. MEMT X5 can be listened to for longer duration without any noticeable fatigue.
The X5 is the only IEM from MEMT that I've liked so far. All the others are far too bass-heavy with a muddy midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back