Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 8, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #6,991 of 7,153
Are there any decent sub £30 over the ear closed back headphones that I can buy?

I came across the Tribit XFree Go bluetooth headphones (which come with a cable) that currently sell for less than £30 and they seems to get some good reviews, there was also the Samson SR850 / Superlux HD681 but I was sad to find out that they are semi open back (I don't want to have too much sound leakage).

If not Chi-Fi, do brands like Panasonic, JVC, Sony etc. have any headphones that could fit the criteria?

May 9, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #6,992 of 7,153
Are there any decent sub £30 over the ear closed back headphones that I can buy?

I came across the Tribit XFree Go bluetooth headphones (which come with a cable) that currently sell for less than £30 and they seems to get some good reviews, there was also the Samson SR850 / Superlux HD681 but I was sad to find out that they are semi open back (I don't want to have too much sound leakage).

If not Chi-Fi, do brands like Panasonic, JVC, Sony etc. have any headphones that could fit the criteria?
I would dig in and find the extra £10 for the Takstar Pro 82 v2 during an AliE sale where coupons and cashbacks line up.

Alternatively some like the Monoprice Retro 8323, or the ISK MDH9000 and its clones.

May 9, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #6,993 of 7,153

Hi Emgray,

If you can afford a bit more then go with the suggestions of the far more knowledgeable people here.

But if the £30 including 20% VAT is a hard limit then....
When I was looking for a cheap pair of closed back headphones last year I came up with a shortlist from what was available on Amazon.co.uk at the time.
This list was based solely on information I read and not on my personal experience so please don't take it as a recommendation but it might be worth you looking into them further to see if any are suitable.

Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over Ear Pro Headphone
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007SP2CO2

ISK HP-960B (bit more at £34.08)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089Y2277C

Tascam TH-02
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B1N06PO

Behringer BH 470
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VG6GFZT

May 9, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #6,994 of 7,153
I don't know how good they are, but the ISK HP-960B is way cheaper on AliExpress.
I do know that the ISK MDH9000 and its clones are amazing, though they are more expensive.

May 10, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #6,995 of 7,153
Does anyone know if there are replacement pads for the ISK MDH900?

May 10, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #6,996 of 7,153
Does anyone know if there are replacement pads for the ISK MDH900?
Yes, there are.
I use Brainwavz sheepskin 100mm round for maximum comfort, but any 100mm round will work.
Brainwavz makes a bunch of different pads with different materials, and I've tried out several.
I like sheepskin the most, but it's not cheap.
Brainwavz pads used to go on sale a few times a year, and I would wait until it went on sale.
I don't know how frequently they go on sale now.
That said, the stock pads of the ISK MDH9000 clones are pretty good, except for the Akai Professional Project 50X.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #6,997 of 7,153
Yes, there are.
I use Brainwavz sheepskin 100mm round for maximum comfort, but any 100mm round will work.
Brainwavz makes a bunch of different pads with different materials, and I've tried out several.
I like sheepskin the most, but it's not cheap.
Brainwavz pads used to go on sale a few times a year, and I would wait until it went on sale.
I don't know how frequently they go on sale now.
That said, the stock pads of the ISK MDH9000 clones are pretty good, except for the Akai Professional Project 50X.
Agree with all.

All the ISK MDH9000 clones I've had (except the Akai, as you note) come with the same 100 mm pleather pads. These are the thickest, most durable pleather pads I've ever encountered. They definitely provide the best sound.

The closest aftermarket pads to stock (sonically) are the 100 mm Brainwavz round pleathers, with near identical overall dimensions. But I'll bet the sheepskins would feel and sound slightly better than the pleathers...just a guess.

May 10, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #6,998 of 7,153
I put Brainwavz sheepskin pads on all of my headphones that'll accept them.
I don't know if they sound better or not, but they are the most comfortable and they sound fine to me.

May 12, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #6,999 of 7,153
Does anyone know about these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802137037463.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Dosii-fones-de-ouvido-gamer-excelente-monitor-est-reo-9d-cancelamento-de-ru-do-para-jogos.jpg

Dosii-fones-de-ouvido-gamer-excelente-monitor-est-reo-9d-cancelamento-de-ru-do-para-jogos.jpg

Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Mute-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-Gamer-Gaming-Earphone-HiFi-HD-Surround-bass-With-Mic.jpg

They look well made and have received good feedback from customers.

May 20, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #7,001 of 7,153
I'm sorry but What is even that graph?🤣

May 20, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #7,002 of 7,153
May 25, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #7,003 of 7,153
Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #7,005 of 7,153
I already own a Meze 99 Neo but i was tempted to buy it just out of curiosity :smiley:
That's the Meze I own, also -- so I won't be able to quite compare the Ali Express knock-off to the 99 Classics but I'll at least be able to get a sense as to how they compare to the 99 Neo's -- I of course fully expect the Neo's to easily best the knock-offs, but this is going to be fun in any case. :)

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion the build quality will look lower than what the official store pics show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back