Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #6,646 of 7,153
Hi all, brand new to audiophilia. Been dabbling in Chi-Fi IEMs (KZ ZS6, Tinaudio T2) for commuting but since working at home I have moved to over ears. I'm looking to move up from my OneOdio Pro-10s. The range of music I listen to is really wide so I'm unsure of the sound signature I should be looking for. Any information is welcome and would greatly aid me in my search. So far I'm considering Blon B8's, GL400's, Sivga 007's, etc.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #6,647 of 7,153
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #6,649 of 7,153
@MSA1133 are you familiar with the lcd x sound signature?. Im thinking of buying the gl2000 because I want something with bigger Soundstage but don't know how much of a up or side grade they would be from the X

The double sided GL2000s sound similar to the LCD-X in the way of speed, transients and low end including that planar bass slam! However, where it differs is the expanded soundstage and layering! Detail retrieval is slightly more on the GLs, and the vocals are closely similar on both, with the GLs having sliiightly recessed vocals.

It won't be an upgrade as much as a newer presentation of what you are listening to already. :beyersmile:

If you like the LCD-X, you'll feel at home with the double sided GLs. :)

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #6,651 of 7,153
Hi all, brand new to audiophilia. Been dabbling in Chi-Fi IEMs (KZ ZS6, Tinaudio T2) for commuting but since working at home I have moved to over ears. I'm looking to move up from my OneOdio Pro-10s. The range of music I listen to is really wide so I'm unsure of the sound signature I should be looking for. Any information is welcome and would greatly aid me in my search. So far I'm considering Blon B8's, GL400's, Sivga 007's, etc.

No sennheisers in your consideration? i own a pair of 599's. I've stopped stalking other headphones on online stores since. They're great for music, gaming and movies equally, if on a discount, its a no brainer. That said i don't have much idea about the other headphones in your list so i cant give a relative performance/comparision. I've only heard the sound demos from Z reviews channel on the sivgas and thought they would sound pretty good irl, the gl400 not so much (then again its a sound demo on youtube).

Jan 26, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #6,652 of 7,153
Has anyone tried Shini headphones? I bought them for 0.10 USD along with a generic Type-C cable and just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

1611639164269.png

Edit: NVM. Seller said there was a problem with the voucher used. So they requested to cancel the order.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #6,654 of 7,153
There's a dedicated GL2000s thread now, but just to post my feedback regarding tube pairings, the GLs loved the Cayin HA-6A tube amp!

Vocals were pushed forwards and the soundstage became holographic! :beyersmile:

20210128_110349[1225].jpg

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #6,655 of 7,153
Anyone know if there is like a goodie bag of headphone pads from china? Would love to make my modding adventures easier by just having a crap ton of pads to swap with and because of static import fees, ordering single pairs are expensive

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #6,656 of 7,153
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #6,657 of 7,153
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #6,658 of 7,153
Anyone know if there is like a goodie bag of headphone pads from china? Would love to make my modding adventures easier by just having a crap ton of pads to swap with and because of static import fees, ordering single pairs are expensive

I would stick w/Brainwavz pads: the ovals for smaller earcups; 100 mm rounds for most earcups that aren't small but also aren't huge; and the 105mm rounds for huge earcups. They're not cheap, but they're very well made and have excellent foam inside (easy to overlook that, but if you get el cheapos w/squishy foam, it won't feel good).

They also have very fine angled pads, but unless the stock pads are angled, you'll probably hurt the sound by going from flat to angled...

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #6,660 of 7,153
How large are the helios pads? The page shows a dimensions measurement but the image is too low res to see the numbers :/
Dimensions are quite large actually, materials feel very nice. Stitching and cuts ain't perfect though, but for that price - who cares... They are not memory foam, but they are nicely soft and squishy. Here are some dimensions of the circle (not oval) pads:

Outer dimensions: 2.7cm thick; 10.5cm diameter
Inner hole: 6.5 cm diameter (3 knuckles go inside easily)

There are just a few pairs that are like 4mm less thick (2.3cm), for example #11 and #06 on my photos. Also the hole of the oval-shaped pads are a bit longer, but less wide (7x5cm).

Some photos: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bFhjMElUTk1nc3JEdjN2NFpzcF9ycXdldVJxcGNR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back