Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 17, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #6,631 of 7,153
I believe ddHiFi DJ44C adapter from Linsoul or Amazon could help you.

Awesome. Will order it. I think I know the answer already, but just in case - hooking a balanced cable to an unbalanced AMP/DAC doesn't cause any issues right? I mean I know it will just be unbalanced in general, but I'm not using any long cables nor do I have any EM interference so I'm not terribly concerned.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #6,632 of 7,153
You’re most welcome!

I’m comparing them against the headphones that I usually rotate, HEDDphones, Aybss TC, Sendy Aivas and Campfire Cascades. :L3000:

I also connect all of them to multiple sources/dacs/amps such as the Chord stack, iBasso DX300, Kann Cube, Cayin N6ii and the iFi devices. Though, I haven’t tried the GL2000 on my Cayin Tube amp yet :)

Will be great to read your comparison of the gl2000 to the campfire cascades. Considering these two and im not sure at that price point if I want portable bass cannons or if the gl2000 would be the better purchase.

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #6,633 of 7,153
Awesome. Will order it. I think I know the answer already, but just in case - hooking a balanced cable to an unbalanced AMP/DAC doesn't cause any issues right? I mean I know it will just be unbalanced in general, but I'm not using any long cables nor do I have any EM interference so I'm not terribly concerned.
I mean, as of my knowledge converting balanced headphone cable with adaptor to unbalanced amp/dac is fine. I read everywhere that the opposite is dangerous and I don't think any company tries to make or sell such adaptors from unbalanced to balanced. Just never convert an unbalanced 3.5mm or 6.3mm cable to balanced, even if you by any chance find such an adaptor somewhere. But on the other hand, if you have a 3.5mm unbalanced headphone cable and only a 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced amp/dac, just buy a new balanced cable, don't experiment.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #6,634 of 7,153
I mean, as of my knowledge converting balanced headphone cable with adaptor to unbalanced amp/dac is fine. I read everywhere that the opposite is dangerous and I don't think any company tries to make or sell such adaptors from unbalanced to balanced. Just never convert an unbalanced 3.5mm or 6.3mm cable to balanced, even if you by any chance find such an adaptor somewhere. But on the other hand, if you have a 3.5mm unbalanced headphone cable and only a 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced amp/dac, just buy a new balanced cable, don't experiment.

Yeah not planning to experiment, haha - in this case it's a balanced cable going into an unbalanced amp/dac

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #6,635 of 7,153
Will be great to read your comparison of the gl2000 to the campfire cascades. Considering these two and im not sure at that price point if I want portable bass cannons or if the gl2000 would be the better purchase.

Completely different beasts! The Cascades are closed back powerful bass canons that get into your face with details! While the GLs are open backs that have an elegant & wide sound signature that focuses on layering, imaging, transients and micro details! They compliment each other rather than going head to head and I love them both! :beyersmile:

Also the Cascades are portable since they can fold into a little package.

Also also, the GLs sound great while connected to the new iBasso DX300 even on medium gain! Imaging and layering for days! :o2smile:

20210119_212152.jpg

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #6,636 of 7,153
Completely different beasts! The Cascades are closed back powerful bass canons that get into your face with details! While the GLs are open backs that have an elegant & wide sound signature that focuses on layering, imaging, transients and micro details! They compliment each other rather than going head to head and I love them both! :beyersmile:

Also the Cascades are portable since they can fold into a little package.

Also also, the GLs sound great while connected to the new iBasso DX300 even on medium gain! Imaging and layering for days! :o2smile:

20210119_212152.jpg

Nice, that's what I was expecting. I have the gl2000 coming my way and I couldn't decide if I wanted portable bass cannons or the gl2000 or both for what they can provide to my collection so I guess I'll figure that out soon enough.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #6,637 of 7,153
I am really happy with my last purchase, the 40mm driver openheart headphone. For 43€ it has an great and enjoyable sound. It´s right now my favorite one, over the hd6xx, the audiotechnica M50x, and the OKCSC ZX1. I would like to follow with my collection , and get some reccomendations of headphones, with good bass and detailed treble and wide sound stage. I Think open headphones are better for my preferences. Any suggestions?

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #6,638 of 7,153
You’re most welcome!

I’m comparing them against the headphones that I usually rotate, HEDDphones, Aybss TC, Sendy Aivas and Campfire Cascades. :L3000:

I also connect all of them to multiple sources/dacs/amps such as the Chord stack, iBasso DX300, Kann Cube, Cayin N6ii and the iFi devices. Though, I haven’t tried the GL2000 on my Cayin Tube amp yet :)

Hey I'm new here!,
but been reading your opinions on the GL2000's, you said rotate the Sendy Aivas also :), was wondering how do they compare in sound / wow factor, since they are fairly the same price.
I have a pair of Sendys and wondering if it would be a good idea to trade one for another or be happy and keep my beloved Aivas (can't keep both unfortunately).

Jan 20, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #6,639 of 7,153
Hey I'm new here!,
but been reading your opinions on the GL2000's, you said rotate the Sendy Aivas also :), was wondering how do they compare in sound / wow factor, since they are fairly the same price.
I have a pair of Sendys and wondering if it would be a good idea to trade one for another or be happy and keep my beloved Aivas (can't keep both unfortunately).

Hi and welcome!

Sendys have a small soundstage with excellent details and speed that I love.

The double sided GLs have a much wider 3D soundstage with not only excellent details, but impressive layering, imaging and dynamics. Vocals are slightly laid back on the GLs unlike the Sendys. I feel that the bass response is close.

All in all, you won't be disappointed, as the GLs have a more elegant sound signature and are not fatiguing while the Sendys are more energetic. :beyersmile:

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #6,640 of 7,153
Hi and welcome!

Sendys have a small soundstage with excellent details and speed that I love.

The double sided GLs have a much wider 3D soundstage with not only excellent details, but impressive layering, imaging and dynamics. Vocals are slightly laid back on the GLs unlike the Sendys. I feel that the bass response is close.

All in all, you won't be disappointed, as the GLs have a more elegant sound signature and are not fatiguing while the Sendys are more energetic. :beyersmile:
Thanks so much for your response! Helps a lot
Guess I'll consider them more seriously!

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #6,641 of 7,153
Any chinese headphone that is good for gaming and music? 200 dollars would be my budget.

It's quite unfortunate that Drop does not deliver in my country.

Also, I was really thinking of the akg k371 or the Fidelio x2hr (it sells on aliexpress). Any thoughts?

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #6,643 of 7,153
Any chinese headphone that is good for gaming and music? 200 dollars would be my budget.

It's quite unfortunate that Drop does not deliver in my country.

Also, I was really thinking of the akg k371 or the Fidelio x2hr (it sells on aliexpress). Any thoughts?

I've read from some other forums that the Harmonicdyne Helios is good for gaming and music. The highs bring it clarity for the footsteps in games and has fairly accurate imaging from what i've read for the Helios.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #6,645 of 7,153
Fidelio x2hr
Should suit for both. But maybe You can get Fidelio X1 cheaper which should be better for gaming and music and movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back