Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #4,771 of 7,153
The good news is... the OKCSC ZX1 is in!

The bad news is... they're so so hideous! :p

Now that is unique :)

One headphone I think people reading this thread might appreciate is the new ESS 422H, it is a sweet deal for a bass lover :)

I am not sure if it comes from Asia, but it sure has a nice price point, and a ton of detail, sweet bass and a nice treble sparkle :)

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #4,772 of 7,153
In my previous work as a consultant and my current work as an administrator of a network with over 10,000 devices (not all Apple, but a decent percentage) my experiences do not match your statement.

My primary complaint about Apple's products is not reliability, but rather them fulfilling consumer's desires for a slim/sleek/thin/light product that sacrifices serviceability and end-user upgrades and repairs - which is why so many batteries are not replaceable by end users now, a sad trait that is common on so many wireless headphones and many DAPs, that will result in them being in landfills in 5-7 years time.

I suggest watching a few videos from 3rd party repair places that service Apple products, as well as others, for a long time that arent Apple affiliates. Louis Rossman has a ton of good videos about his repair shop experiences in NYC.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

There are plenty of others that will state how many of each brands products they are constantly fixing the most and where the product design flaws are.

That being said, I want my headphones built to much better standards of quality than any Apple product. Especially more modern product lines. Many of the higher end Chinese makers of headphones are doing that from what I can tell. Good products at good prices. Thats why we all congregate to this thread. At least why I do.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,775 of 7,153
Oct 25, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #4,776 of 7,153
Just received my Thinksound On2, wow, they exceeded my expectations, and that's without any burn-in - last weekend i was auditioning some headphones in the local mall, ATH M50X, ATH M40X, ATH MSR7, Sennheiser HD599, and Beyerdynamic T51i, and i gotta say the On2 blows them all away. Of course the Senn's have larger soundstage and the ATH M50 bass extends slightly more, but the On2 sound the most complete to me, good frequency extension on both ends, and very clear and detailed mids, plus they are beautiful, light and portable. The ultimate test is the goosebumps test, and I did get some goosebumps playing one of my favorite songs on them.
Not exactly chi-fi, but just wanted to share my impressions :) For anyone considering a chi-fi that cost close to $100, do your selves a favor and get the On2 instead, they were only $115.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #4,777 of 7,153
Just received my Thinksound On2, wow, they exceeded my expectations, and that's without any burn-in - last weekend i was auditioning some headphones in the local mall, ATH M50X, ATH M40X, ATH MSR7, Sennheiser HD599, and Beyerdynamic T51i, and i gotta say the On2 blows them all away. Of course the Senn's have larger soundstage and the ATH M50 bass extends slightly more, but the On2 sound the most complete to me, good frequency extension on both ends, and very clear and detailed mids, plus they are beautiful, light and portable. The ultimate test is the goosebumps test, and I did get some goosebumps playing one of my favorite songs on them.
Not exactly chi-fi, but just wanted to share my impressions :) For anyone considering a chi-fi that cost close to $100, do your selves a favor and get the On2 instead, they were only $115.

They are quite good for the price. Can be had even cheaper on massdrop from time to time.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #4,780 of 7,153
Lurker here,
does any chinese Headphone (under 100$) beat the Takstar Pro 82 in terms of build quality?

Build quality? Sure. More than a few. Takstar pro 82 is nicely built for plastic, but there are some all metal and wood constructions out there that are in my opinion slightly better build quality.

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #4,783 of 7,153
Meizu HD 50s are built like a tank.

Agreed.

You could run them over with a car and they’d be fine.

Also very comfy, and fairly good sound as well. $50 is a steal for their construction quality.

I own multiple pairs, both stock and modded. They make great donor shells for driver swaps, and I even converted 1 set to open-backed.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #4,784 of 7,153
Could you name them? :)

Oh yeah, tank sounds promising :D

Bosshifi lineup. Many of the Superlux so far have been pretty durable. The Symphonized rebadge brand. HM5 rebrands like the Aizer and Spadger. Many of the ISK lineup. Especially any of their Beyer clones.

Although if you are in the US and want inexpensive, durable, and readily available headphones with good sound the monoprice 8323 are still an excellent option with an ear pad swap.

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #4,785 of 7,153
Lurker here,
does any chinese Headphone (under 100$) beat the Takstar Pro 82 in terms of build quality?
I got the ISK HF2010 for $45 recently, and I would say they are quite durable and well made of a combination of hard plastic, with some aluminum, and a headband that is quite flexible you can even twist (to an extent).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back