Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 26, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #4,186 of 7,153
MSUR 350 is excessively bassy, BOSS HIFI are bassy and bloomy with a bass leaking into the mids without been neither too deep or punchy! The worst possible!
My reference headphones are the Sennheiser HD800S but above all is real music! Go to a concert hall and compare!

comparing a thousand pair of headphones to a 80-100$ hp......although i agree with your statement b8 in stock form is quite bassy but doesn't have a good sub bass extension, with a small bleed in the mids, most people wont notice this unless u get a pair of headphones that has a flat bass response, thats the reason i modded them.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,187 of 7,153
N650 arrived today, these puppies look beautiful! Build is also fantastic for the price.

wi12q91.jpg

I havent listened enough to write anything yet but they sound promising so far.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #4,188 of 7,153
I noticed something pretty interesting about these when i played with the cables, N650 seems to change its sound profile a bit depending which cable is being used. With longer and thicker cable they sound quite warm and mellow/dense VS a bit brighter and more sterile with the shorter one. It cant be due to broken cable because @Roderick noticed the same with his N550. It would be interesting to know is this intentional or is one of the cables just cheaply made or something. They dont sound bad with either one, just different.

E: Read my post later.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #4,189 of 7,153
I noticed something pretty interesting about these when i played with the cables, N650 seems to change its sound profile a bit depending which cable is being used. With longer and thicker cable they sound quite warm and mellow/dense VS a bit brighter and more sterile with the shorter one. It cant be due to broken cable because @Roderick noticed the same with his N550. It would be interesting to know is this intentional or is one of the cables just cheaply made or something. They dont sound bad with either one, just different.

This is 100% BS because cables can't modify sound. Its a scientific fact.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,190 of 7,153

Yeah i know it sounds ridiculous but thats how it sounded to me. I have to listen more later just to be sure. One of the cables might be just poop.

E: It seems that the thinner cable wasnt properly connected to my AE-5, so yes, there is no difference. :D

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #4,191 of 7,153

I normally agree with this, but I bought a cheap aux extension cable once that made anything it was plugged into sound very different (and not in a good way). It turned out to use copper clad aluminum conductors that were hilariously undersized, giving the extension cable a ridiculously high impedance.

So it is theoretically possible in some cases.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #4,192 of 7,153
In some cases cable can make a difference. There are cases when cable with absurdly high impedance has caused problems like Slater said.

I think I've heard cables make a difference on two occasions. First was when I recabled some old sennheisers. Difference between old steel(?) Wire cable and new Copper one was obvious. However it could have been corrosion, oxidation, bad connectors etc... anyway recable did change sound.

Second time was with n550 cables like markoluv mentioned. One cable was plain cable about 2-2.5 meters long. Other cable was a lot shorter and very thin. It also has double "striped" connectors on the headphone end. So it looks like a balanced cable or a cable with a mic. However the cable does not have a mic nor are the headphones designed for balanced operation. So it is a very peculiar cable and does sound different. Even my gf could tell the difference between the cables! I'm not a cable believer and my guess is that another cable was faulty in some way.

I actually did some cable testing earlier today. One cable is "special spiraling technique silver plated 99.9997% ofc cable". Another is teflon insulated 16 core occ cable with a single Crystal silver conductor. Both cables naturally have 24k gold plated connectors. Third is no brand cable that doesn't even have gold connectors. Cables like that can be bought for $1. The not so surprising result is that I could not hear how that "single crystal silver connector" affects the sound. All three sound the same :)IMG_20180726_194745.jpg

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,193 of 7,153
After i finally managed to plug these properly( :p) i can say that N650 sounds pretty damn great for the price, i really like these. V-shaped, slightly warm tilted but at the same time a bit bright sound, kind of little bit of both. Bass is a bit on the heavy side but its not overpowering, i would say that these have less bass overall than N350. There is bass when needed but its knows to calm down too. Its not the most detailed or controlled bass ive heard but "fun" to listen to. Im not sure what to say about the mids, they dont sound that recessed but not elevated or flat either. I like the vocals on these just like with N350, but these do them notch or two better. I havent detected any lower midrange clutter like on N350 so far. Sound is more detailed and cleaner overall. Treble can sound a bit peaky but its nothing serious to me and i dont feel like my ears are getting pierced with needles (or maybe Pro 82 and SHP9500 have just destroyed my ears already with their treble, lol). Very smooth and clear sounding headphone. Well detailed without sounding analytical. Soundstage is above average for a closed back, i have to try some gaming with these. I wouldnt hesitate to buy these, they are a real deal to me. :)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #4,194 of 7,153
Its because the difference is in your head, human senses are very unreliable and easily manipulable. But yes there is the impedance difference, the other is electromagnetic interference.

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #4,195 of 7,153
paul mcgowan, co-founder of psaudio said cables can infact change the sound, by using silver cables instead of those copper ones, it tends to go brighter sounding and they have measurements for it, I remember him saying this on his youtube channel

Jul 27, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #4,196 of 7,153
The co-founder of a company that sells $1000 cables say better cables make a difference in sound. You don't say?

Meanwhile, there's a few audio experts who put up varying amounts of money if someone could tell the difference between cables in a blind test. Nobody has won so far.

https://gizmodo.com/305549/james-ra...iles-can-prove-7250-speaker-cables-are-better

https://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

Plenty of other links. Just google "speaker wire challenge".

Jul 27, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #4,199 of 7,153
don't forget the crystals :)

You can also reduce EMI interference by wearing a foil hat. Just make sure you don’t forget to attach a ground wire to the crystals (as seen below). Otherwise, the polarity could get reversed!

C9F00D5B-E8FB-4E37-A003-730F847BF48F.jpeg

Jul 27, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #4,200 of 7,153
Meanwhile, there's a few audio experts who put up varying amounts of money if someone could tell the difference between cables in a blind test. Nobody has won so far.
I can tell a difference between $1 - $6 speaker wire from China. I can tell my Ugreen cable sends the signal down it faster than say the $1 cable. I can also hear slight differences in the music. Want me to tell you if the bass, treble etc has changed? I don't know that part as I'm not musically inclined to be able to pull out those details but I can tell the quality of a cable can change the music.

As Zeos has said on his youtube channel, just buy a few $5 cables. I have bought them all of the ones on Aliexpress. I'm still waiting for some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back