Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 1, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #1,036 of 7,153
Jun 1, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #1,038 of 7,153
I guess I have to pick up B8 also. I have B6 and B7 and I suspect my modded B6 sounds close to stock B8. Makes one wonder how good modded b8 be? :) There have been times that I have preferred my modded b6 to $800 JCV-DX1000... and I prefer DX1000 over anything I've heard in it's price range.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,040 of 7,153
Not actual chi-fi, but íf you are looking for a headphone mainly for bass Sony mdr-xb500. Once in a while you can get those for a decent price. My other suggestion would be ultimate ears ue6000 with nc on but that is not chi-fi either. Don't make chi-fi the holy grail, there are plenty of bargains around :)

Jun 1, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #1,041 of 7,153
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #1,043 of 7,153
Jun 9, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #1,044 of 7,153
I remember the Superlux HD681 was discussed recently.

To whomever it was, it's currently on sale at Gearbest (through Sunday) for under $20 shipped.

http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_270782.html

Checking camel^3, I kinda wish I had seen what the deal was with the sub $4 new on Amazon back in March, going to guess it had a heavy shipping fee. Also wish I could find a reasonably priced Superlux HD 631. For awhile that one was considered a great budget basshead can.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,045 of 7,153
After a couple of days with my new stuff I believe I am going to turn from a mainly IEM user (currently the very good Sendiy M1221, Mee Audio Pinnacle P1, MusicMaker Shockwave III) to an Over Ear (closed back) guy.

Addicting sound from...
(listed in order of my current preference from top/best to bottom)
Bosshifi B8
(balanced and neutral - all frequencies are present and well-defined, enough rumble in bass section, very good isolation and low emission, after cushion adaption after a few days very comfortable but might be not best suiting for small heads)
ISK HD9999
(warm, overall very refined, not 100% balanced but slightly v shaped with a relative sub bass enhancement, same time mid bass is lacking a bit, slightly enhanced and very addicting but never sibilant or harsh treble. A pleasure. But voices may appear slightly recessed. Wished to have more mids presence. I am using the thinner and harder replacement cushions. Big diameter cushions which may not fit for every head but the default mounted pair is softer and bolder and may fit better. For me nevertheless a very comfortable headphone. Isolation and emission are still ok but not as good as the others)
ISK HP2011
(more presence, clearness and sharpness in the mids and treble but less refinement than the others, might be too sharp for someone (only a view hours burn in - hope this is going to tame later), more an analytical character, very comfortable with no limitation for my head, isolation and emission are ok but not the best)
AKG K551
(so called "reference" headphone. I believe this may be true. Balanced and still neutral. This said I would call it though a thinner sort of sound nature. Maybe like a "thinner" Version of the Bosshifi. Very comfortable, too!)

This is a first sight on the candidates from a hobbyist but for now I won't miss any of these in my collection. Of course there are differences between these, but they all provide a very, very good, clean and in most cases airy and more or less balanced sound and high comfort - and this is not related to their price level which is partly not understandable low (have to say I got the AKG used for only 40€).
Times before I spend up to 350€ for single over ear headphones but never got what I get from these four candidates in respect of the combination of sound quality and comfort level.

I would recommend each of these.

Edit: new order and some edits after my yesterday's listening session
Hi de-moto,

May you please let me know which has better and more forward mids? HD9999 or Bosshifi B8? Many thanks!

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #1,046 of 7,153
Checking camel^3, I kinda wish I had seen what the deal was with the sub $4 new on Amazon back in March, going to guess it had a heavy shipping fee. Also wish I could find a reasonably priced Superlux HD 631. For awhile that one was considered a great budget basshead can.

Wow, $4? That's nuts. Best I've ever scored was a Philips SHL3300 for $7 shipped on Amazon.

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #1,047 of 7,153
Hi de-moto,

May you please let me know which has better and more forward mids? HD9999 or Bosshifi B8? Many thanks!
I already sold the HD9999 and kept the B8. Main reason was mids presentation which are forward with the B8 and which results in a more balanced sig compared to the HD9999. Mids quality is good at the HD9999 although it is a bit recessed. Bass (sub bass) was to emphasized at the ISK for my taste. The B8 is just right here though the perfect bass section provides the ISK HP2011.

Jul 4, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,049 of 7,153
With all the strong performers of IEMs, earbuds, headphones, daps, etc coming from Asia, I wonder if there are any hidden gems for ear clip headphones, like the Yuins, various Audio Technicas, etc.

I know people still really like the Koss KSC75 & KSC35 for that format, but was hoping perhaps to find something new to try out.

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,050 of 7,153
Hello all,

I am really impressed of the chinese IEM's
Ordered the KZ ZS5 to upgrade on the Zs3.

Now I am looking for some over ears and leaning to the Bosshifi B8 or ISK HD9999.

I own the Sennheiser Momentum over ear.
Can someone give me someone point me in the right direction?
Bosshifi is 18 ohm. So it's easier to play on my smartphone. I have a usb DAC so the ISK should be no problem also.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back