Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #6,556 of 7,153
I'm three years behind, was there some sort of new breathtaking headphones in the meantime? I really enjoyed the Bosshifi/Kinden B8 back then
If you prefer the mid-forward signature of B8 - stick with them.

Dec 19, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #6,557 of 7,153
Again, another call out (and cross post) for signing up on RTings and up-voting a headphone suggestion or two relating to Takstar. At the moment, RTings are grabbing headphones in batches, so it only takes around 40 votes for them to order the item:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/suggestions

Currently the HF-580 and the Pro 82 have zero votes, and the GM200 just 2.

The BL-30 is already set to be ordered soon, and will likely be reviewed by the end of January. This same mechanism can likely be used for those interested in Bosshifi/Blon B8 headphones too, basically anything that can be ordered via a US storefront.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #6,558 of 7,153
I received the Floyd Rose FR-52 yesterday.
The sound quality is fine, though my other over-ear headphones sound better.
(I do like the amount of bass, however.)
The headphones fit my large head just fine.
The earpads are not over ear for me.
I have large ears, and the pads are somewhere between over ear and on ear.
That's a problem, but it's not the dealbreaker.
The real problem that I have is that the earpads are not very comfortable.
I'm used to wearing Brainwavz sheepskin pads, and anything less than that is simply not good enough for me.

Dec 19, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #6,559 of 7,153
I'm used to wearing Brainwavz sheepskin pads, and anything less than that is simply not good enough for me.

Sheepskin earpads are not that common on budget headphones.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #6,560 of 7,153
I received the Floyd Rose FR-52 yesterday.
The sound quality is fine, though my other over-ear headphones sound better.
(I do like the amount of bass, however.)
The headphones fit my large head just fine.
The earpads are not over ear for me.
I have large ears, and the pads are somewhere between over ear and on ear.
That's a problem, but it's not the dealbreaker.
The real problem that I have is that the earpads are not very comfortable.

The pads are way too small. I don’t necessarily have a problem with faux leather if it feels nice, and this isn’t horrible (better than the faux leather on the TH-X00 or AKG K553, nowhere near as nice as the faux leather on the Mr. Speakers Ether CX) but the pads are ridiculously tiny. They’re so uncomfortable due to the small pads I couldn’t really put them through their paces.

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #6,562 of 7,153
I was looking for some new headphones, since I was "out of the game" for three years.
Newer doesn't mean better, for mid-forward signature B8 is unbeatable.
If you want to experience more natural sound with electrostate-like transparency - you can try Takstar Pro 82 v2.
Check second and third posts for comparisons with other headphones and DAC/amp recommendations:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/
The first post has discounted coupons for a proper Pro 82 v2

Dec 20, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #6,563 of 7,153
Sheepskin earpads are not that common on budget headphones.
Yup, I know.
I'll just have to limit my purchases to headphones that accept Brainwavz earpads (like I was before.)
:THUMBS-UP:

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #6,565 of 7,153
Brief impression on Openheart OH2000

Build & Comfort

- Heavy but in a good way. Very solid feel. I was worried those metal cups might be some cheap thin alloy. Reminds me of Grado sr325.
- Feels loose on the head. Heavy cups would need a more robust headband. Some bending might help. It's something I've had to do with all my Grados too, even the lighter ones.
- Headband pleather feels cheap. Might peel off quite easily over time.
- Driver is 50mm. It's a common driver that has many variations around. It's used by v-moda, Somic, Ollo, TDK etc...
- I find Grado's rather comfortable so this feels nice too.
- Nice cable
- I thought mirror finish on the grille would look stupid but it's actually pretty cool.

Sound

- Bass rolls off early. Not much of an impact. Grado's have a rolled off bass too but those can punch atleast. Disappointed.
- Clear midrange, not much of body.
- Propably brightest headphone I've ever heard. This thing should come with a warning sticker on it. I used to have gold version of Grado sr325 which supposedly is the brightest Grado ever but OH2000 takes it to another level. I'm tempted to throw it out of the window but better not since it's so heavy it might actually kill something. Flat pads are not as bad as bowl's but it's not much better.
- Average soundstage for a open headphone. Poor imaging.

Here's a measurement with Beyerdynamic DT1990. DT1990 is notoriosly bright headphone but look at that thing...this is new benchmark of sorts. Of course it's not a perfect measurement but that is what it pretty much sounds to my ears.
OH2000 vs DT1990.jpg

- All in all it's a very bad headphone imo. However it looks and feels like it could cost 10x more than it does. If cups can be opened it's definately good option for modding. @unifutomaki 's impressions were spot on
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-434#post-16016835

IMG_20201222_002147.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #6,566 of 7,153
A Christmas cheer from over here. :)

So I ordered a bluetooth reciever aswell as a 10 000 mAh powerbank and I am happy to present the next step in portable audio technology.
In an instant, the products of today became the products of yesterday.
Say goodbye to the Apple Airpods, for the replacement is here, TODAY.
With a battery life of over 50 hours and capable to charge your phone battery a bit longer than that.
Enjoy your favorite tunes for as long as you like (or until your neck breaks).

IMG_20201223_161759_7_2.jpg

(Warranty void if you bash your head into a door frame)

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #6,567 of 7,153

So I ordered a bluetooth reciever aswell as a 10 000 mAh powerbank and I am happy to present the next step in portable audio technology.
With a battery life of over 50 hours and capable to charge your phone battery a bit longer than that.

haha

Dec 23, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #6,568 of 7,153

A shoo-in for a Red Dot Design Award 2020. Perfect, actually, for 2020. :p :beerchug:

Dec 26, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #6,570 of 7,153

You're really nuts--I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back