Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 10, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #3,287 of 7,153
Apr 10, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,289 of 7,153
Apr 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #3,290 of 7,153
Curious as to whether you've heard these?

No unfortunately I've never had the chance but iirc they're pretty well regarded.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #3,291 of 7,153
@slugman was right about the balanced armature drivers after all. There is a dynamic+ba headphone based on B7. It's called i.valux! It is rather expensive ($200-300). There are atleast two versions. One has 4 Ba drivers another one has 6.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32663588753.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32663588753&productSubject=MaGaosi-Hybrid-a-Dynamic-four-Balance-Armature-units-wooden-noise-isolating-headband-earphone-headphone

i-Valux-HiFi-Hybrid-7-Drivers-50mm-Dynamic-Driver-6-Balanced-Armature-BA-Units-Hi-Fi.jpg

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #3,292 of 7,153
i.valux and Magaosi are the same company, I used to have an i.Valux Bette which was based off a Magaosi IEM, IIRC. There is even a 3rd "brand" which is part of the company. Damn Chinese manufacturers lol

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #3,293 of 7,153
Was i.valux Bette any good? I find those dynamic+Ba headphones quite hard to believe. Picture I posted had only one visible Ba. And Even that looks weird/fake imo.

EDIT: I've become too cynical. On a closer look there are 4 more ba's visible at the back. Really strange headphones!

HTB1LaRbJFXXXXcrXFXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #3,297 of 7,153
I don't know but maybe the BAs in full sized headphones play the same kind of role (balancing out the frequency response) that the six passive radiators did in the old AKG Sextett Cardas (still beautiful headphones to this day , just a thought.......

The Bette is a pair of IEM's :wink:

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,298 of 7,153
Was i.valux Bette any good? I find those dynamic+Ba headphones quite hard to believe. Picture I posted had only one visible Ba. And Even that looks weird/fake imo.

EDIT: I've become too cynical. On a closer look there are 4 more ba's visible at the back. Really strange headphones!

For its time yes, I sold it a few months ago to another member in a big Chinese IEM bundle. Would be interesting to hear it again now.

I still have a Bette... 8mm hybrid
Yeah there was a 10mm variant which I had, never heard the 8mm but from what I read back then the 10mm trumped it. Quite a comfortable IEM from what I remember

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #3,299 of 7,153
BA might not mean balanced armature. It can be a typo. Should have Said Be (beryllium) or it could be Ba(beryllium alloy). Ndfeb means neodiym magnet. Allmost all headphones use those.

Really good point. You can't just slap a BA driver in a headphone and have it work. If you want proof, lay a single BA IEM in the ear cavity of a headphone, and play something from another source at the same time you play something on the headphones theselves. The BA will sound like low volume/muffled garbage static.

Not saying it's not possible, because there are headphones that use BAs.

I'm with you though - I think they meant beryllium or beryllium alloy.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #3,300 of 7,153
I don't know but maybe the BAs in full sized headphones play the same kind of role (balancing out the frequency response) that the six passive radiators did in the old AKG Sextett Cardas (still beautiful headphones to this day , just a thought.......

The Bette is a pair of IEM's

That is propably what The Ba is for. I just found the idea of 6 ba's bit over The top considering 5 of them have to be behind the baffle. :)

I had akg k340. Dynamic+electret hybrid. Very similar to sextett but in place of the passive radiators are electret drivers. Very good headphones considering they were introduced in 1979.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back