Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #3,241 of 7,153
Just thought I'd pitch it that the Bluedio U and U Pro are on a discount on Amazon right now. 8 drivers and 12 driver respectively. Not sure how they are.

You mean UFO (and UFO Pro)? That's always been their 8 and 12 driver headphones (unless they've changed the name).

I've considered them a while ago, but I think if there was something mind blowing about, you'd see all of the big companies doing it.

Meanwhile, I've actually been enjoying my Bluedio T4S from the Aliexpress sale. Already installed larger 93mm pads for infinitely more comfort (just like Bluedio upgraded to on the T5 model). For $23 and free 2 day shipping to my door, it was easily the best Anniversary Sale deal I scored. I received them before the Anniversary sale was even over!

Bluedio makes some decent stuff - I owned 4 pairs of T3/T3+, and now the T4S. The Turbine line is pretty much all V and L-shaped signatures though.

I have been considering the Vinyl Pro for a while now, as it's supposed to be tuned neutral with good clarity. I would personally buy the Vinyl Pro long before either of the UFO models (which are all about the same price).

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #3,242 of 7,153
You mean UFO (and UFO Pro)? That's always been their 8 and 12 driver headphones (unless they've changed the name).

I've considered them a while ago, but I think if there was something mind blowing about, you'd see all of the big companies doing it.

Meanwhile, I've actually been enjoying my Bluedio T4S from the Aliexpress sale. Already installed larger 93mm pads for infinitely more comfort (just like Bluedio upgraded to on the T5 model). For $23 and free 2 day shipping to my door, it was easily the best Anniversary Sale deal I scored. I received them before the Anniversary sale was even over!

Bluedio makes some decent stuff - I owned 4 pairs of T3/T3+, and now the T4S. The Turbine line is pretty much all V and L-shaped signatures though.

I have been considering the Vinyl Pro for a while now, as it's supposed to be tuned neutral with good clarity. I would personally buy the Vinyl Pro long before either of the UFO models (which are all about the same price).
Yeah they are listed as U (UFO). They also seem to have a V version that also has 12 drivers.

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #3,243 of 7,153
Plus they have the Goldmember edition.
61IND2X4G%2BL._SY450_.jpg

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3,244 of 7,153
So far im new to this thread and the only headphone that i own is the Creative Aurvana Live that i purchased in 2012. Lately i have only read the IEM thread so i have no idea whats going on in this thread ( about deals , brands, etc).

Which headphones are the best options in the <$50 category?

thanks.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3,246 of 7,153
So far im new to this thread and the only headphone that i own is the Creative Aurvana Live that i purchased in 2012. Lately i have only read the IEM thread so i have no idea whats going on in this thread ( about deals , brands, etc).

Which headphones are the best options in the <$50 category?

thanks.
I don't have it, but there seems to be a lot of love for the Marantz MPH-2. The catch is you will have to get it when it goes on sale for typically around $40. Normal price is $90 to $100. If anyone has any better suggestions please chime in.

Edit - the Marantz is closed. If you want open, the Philips SHP 9500 is great as long as you are not a die hard basshead.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #3,247 of 7,153
I don't have it, but there seems to be a lot of love for the Marantz MPH-2. The catch is you will have to get it when it goes on sale for typically around $40. Normal price is $90 to $100. If anyone has any better suggestions please chime in.

Edit - the Marantz is closed. If you want open, the Philips SHP 9500 is great as long as you are not a die hard basshead.

I have the Marantz MPH-2 (the 2nd one I bought...gave the 1st to my brother). Yes, the trick is to find it on sale.

But there are 4-5 near identical clones of this headphone, differing only slightly in cosmetic accents. I also owned the LxyPro HAS-30 (gave that to a friend). It & the MPH-2s sounded identical. You can get it on Amazon for $59:

https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-30-Professional-Headphones-Entertainment/dp/B018Y5CVO0

BTW, if you find another headphone that looks just like this but has different pads (at least one clone, the Akai x50, is like that)--be advised that the thick pad is a key contributor to the sound of this design. You can buy the Lyx-Pro's pad separately, but if you get a headphone that already has it, one less hassle.

Yes, the Marantz (all the ISK MDH9000 clones) is closed. But it soundstages exceedingly well for a closed design (one of its numerous positives).

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #3,248 of 7,153
(...)

(...)
Yes, the Marantz (all the ISK MDH9000 clones) is closed. But it soundstages exceedingly well for a closed design (one of its numerous positives).

Are those sales that you talk about only on amazon? I'm not from the us so amazon.com isn't an option.

Oh snap, they're around 65-70€ on all amazon's on europe, might just get them, how do they compare with the audio technica m40x and Shure SRH240?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #3,249 of 7,153
Are those sales that you talk about only on amazon? I'm not from the us so amazon.com isn't an option.

Oh snap, they're around 65-70€ on all amazon's on europe, might just get them, how do they compare with the audio technica m40x and Shure SRH240?

Don't know where you are, but here's one of the various ISK MDH9000 clones (virtually identical to the MPH-2) on AliExpress - the Freeboss MDH9000:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...580.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.152211dfKUo3f9

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #3,251 of 7,153
Apr 7, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #3,254 of 7,153
But do you have any other ones to compare?

Sure I do. But except for the 1st, they're all considerably more expensive than the Marantz MPH-2s (& other ISK MDH9000 clones); or are entirely different designs...

Yenona Adapter Free DJ headphones (since replaced by a different brandname w/same design): my first inexpensive closed back Chinese HP. Bassy, somewhat V-shaped sound, not bad soundstaging, great comfort. But my pair inexplicably became somewhat bright (long after I burned it in my usual 150 hrs). That put me on a long/frustrating road of rolling pads, using sound dampening materials, etc. These days I use them only for travel (and w/EQ).
  • The Marantz MPH-2s are better in every way except comfort (which isn't bad at all, but not like the Yenona's)
Philips Fidelio X2s: open back, bassy, warm, great soundstage (totally relaxing/fun HP), but 3-4X more expensive

ZMF Ori (closed back planar): Wonderful sound but 15-20X more expensive

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,255 of 7,153
About marantz mph-2 rebrands... There is Akai 50x, freeboss and isk anything else out there? I can't get any of those shipped to eu below 45€. It's bit too much for a yet another headphone I don't need. I'd Be Happy If I could get a pair for €35.

Edit: forgot lyxpro. That is too expensive also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back