Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #3,061 of 7,153
you might be onto something here... Amazon has just 1 meaningless review for the Freeboss FB 888. However, the apparently identical LyxPro HAS-15 have 693 reviews/4.5 stars, though as usual for Amazon, a number of the reviews are for other LyxPro models, not the HAS-15s....

https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-Headp...D=41eugfsOWyL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Both the Freeboss & LxyPro look like copies of the ATH M50X, though at ~20%-25% of that HP's cost.

Will be interesting to get your comments about the FB 888's sound.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #3,063 of 7,153
you might be onto something here... Amazon has just 1 meaningless review for the Freeboss FB 888. However, the apparently identical LyxPro HAS-15 have 693 reviews/4.5 stars, though as usual for Amazon, a number of the reviews are for other LyxPro models, not the HAS-15s....

https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-Headp...D=41eugfsOWyL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

Both the Freeboss & LxyPro look like copies of the ATH M50X, though at ~20%-25% of that HP's cost.

Will be interesting to get your comments about the FB 888's sound.

The Freeboss FB-888 and LyxPro HAS-15 are likely the same headphone, and whoever actually makes it imitating the look of the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 (right down to the font used on the arms for "Left" and "Right"), not the ATH-M50X (which has very different cup arms and joints).

Also you can filter reviews for a particular product on 'clustered' Amazon product pages, but Amazon does not make it obvious how to do it. What you do is click on the star rating that has the total number of reviews to go to the "Customer Reviews" page, then scroll down past the top positive and top negative reviews and you'll see "Filter by" with a bunch of drop downs. Click on the "All formats" drop down and you'll get an option to filter by just the specific product you're looking at, i.e. "Show only reviews for Size: HAS-15" (apparently on the back end, all these clustered products are actually sizes!) That shows us that there are 9 reviews for the HAS-15. Eight five star, one four star.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #3,064 of 7,153
Yep, the freeboss fb888 looks like the lyxpro has-15 as well. The lyxpro has-10 though has a different band with attached cable. The 10 looks a lot like the limitless creations which is $10 cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHQQ6AU/ref=psdc_12097479011_t3_B00R0DCSSM

The lyxpro has-10 has a few decent reviews on youtube at least.

There is also a freeboss fb 777, but that has a 40mm driver unlike all the above which is 45mm. So probably a completely different animal entirely.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,065 of 7,153
Fb888 and has 15 Look like rebranded isk hp3000. Also ath-m20x and moniprice 8323 have nothing in common except that usually both are black.

Also freeboss 2010 is more like a rebranded takstar hi2050 than Pro80. Velour pads, open Back...

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #3,066 of 7,153
Fb888 and has 15 Look like rebranded isk hp3000. Also ath-m20x and moniprice 8323 have nothing in common except that usually both are black.

Didn't say the m20x and the 8323 were the same, just similar in terms of driver size at 40mm. Which isn't much in the way of similarity when it come to overall sound.

The ISK hp3000 are the lyxpro has-10. Same headband and has a connected cable. Same driver specs too. The lyxpro has-15 and freeboss fb 888 have detachable cables, different headband, and different drive specs than the hp3000.

Since ISK, Takstar, and Freeboss are all the same company with different branding, I'm sure there is a matching ISK version somewhere to the FB 888.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #3,067 of 7,153
Kik
Didn't say the m20x and the 8323 were the same, just similar in terms of driver size at 40mm. Which isn't much in the way of similarity when it come to overall sound.

Sorry for misunderstanding. Anyway...another issue: are there any good Chinese on ear/portable headphones? I know of meizu, Msur 350 and xiaomi. Anything else? I'm on a mission to find perfect portables and I thought I should give some lesser known brand a try. Doesn't have to Be on ear just as long it is fairly portable and does not Look too Goofy when worn.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #3,068 of 7,153
Kik

Sorry for misunderstanding. Anyway...another issue: are there any good Chinese on ear/portable headphones? I know of meizu, Msur 350 and xiaomi. Anything else? I'm on a mission to find perfect portables and I thought I should give some lesser known brand a try. Doesn't have to Be on ear just as long it is fairly portable and does not Look too Goofy when worn.

Don't have many on ears, as I am not a fan of pain in my ears do to prolonged pressure on them, but I did accidentally buy one recently that sounds really good. Not really chi-fi though. Philips A1PRO were on sale not to long ago from Newegg for $25 shipped. They are light, sturdy, on-ear, compact, and sound great. The headband design allows them to shrink so small they fit my 3 year old son's head as well as expand out to fit my huge size 8.25 hat noggin. They aren't in stock right now from Newegg unfortunately. May want to keep an eye out if they come back in stock and at that price again though.

The other philips on ear Fidelio M1 has gone on sale as well for $40 from time to time and I've heard good things about those as well.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #3,069 of 7,153
Thanks, I'll put a1pro on the list :) I have owned M1 and did not think much of it. Kind of hit and miss with Philips headphones. I like uptowns though those are not quite up to my standards but still very good for the price.

Currently I'm using Kef m500 as My portables. Kef's have exceeded all my expections. I sold momentum 2.0 and b&w P7 and propably m&d mh40 will get sold too. Would have not expected on ear can beat over ears that cost twice as much. :)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3,070 of 7,153
Thanks, I'll put a1pro on the list :) I have owned M1 and did not think much of it. Kind of hit and miss with Philips headphones. I like uptowns though those are not quite up to my standards but still very good for the price.

X2s!!

Wait, let me say that better...X2s!!

They're perhaps not inexpensive enough for this thread, but they're great. Now I've gotten interested in an even less inexpensive HP w/strong Philips/Woox connections, the Onkyo A800.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #3,071 of 7,153
X2s!!

Wait, let me say that better...X2s!!

They're perhaps not inexpensive enough for this thread, but they're great. Now I've gotten interested in an even less inexpensive HP w/strong Philips/Woox connections, the Onkyo A800.

X2 not really portable. :) I have heard good things about onkyos. Most people seem to prefer those over x2. I allmost bought those myself.

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #3,072 of 7,153
WOAH!!! I just realized that philips has the A1Pros as a suggested MSRP of $150. Crazy!!!!!! Not saying they don't sound good, but it's crazy I just by happen stance picked them up for $25 when I was looking for something that might fit my son. Since he is at an age he wants to do what daddy does and since I wear headphones he wants to as well. I got those and my wife, unbeknownst to me, also bought him some Paw Patrol on ear headphones too for his Xmas gift. He likes them both though. What 3 year old wouldnt? strangely enough, the $10 paw patrol headphones actually didn't sound that bad. A bit muddier than I prefer, but no where near the worst headphones I have heard. That crown of the worst still goes to my MixCder Share Me Pros. I only keep those around to show others how a headphone should NOT sound.

Anyways I was digressing there a bit. I didn't think they had an MSRP of $150 and go for about $50 right now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Philips-A1Pro-27-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00WU2KJ5W

Which is still a decent price I would say for these. They are fairly comfortable for on-ears, and sound almost like my SHP9500s without the missing bass that the stock pads for the SHP9500s screw up. Doesn't take much to drive them either with 16 ohm impedance and 108 db sensitivity.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #3,073 of 7,153
"strangely enough, the $10 paw patrol headphones actually didn't sound that bad. A bit muddier than I prefer, but no where near the worst headphones I have heard."

(laughing helplessly)

if my father had gotten me headphones at age 3, I might've turned out normal (more normal?). But obviously, that didn't happen...

Mar 7, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #3,074 of 7,153
Haha, my kid is 2.5 years and he also wants to wear headphones when he sees I'm listening to music. Also when I take pictures of headphones I'm selling he takes pictures of his headphones with his "phone" (it is actually a car Navigator) and then he packs his headphones in a box, ready to ship. Like father like son I guess :D

Edit: lol, just googled paw patrol headphones. We need to get one of those

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #3,075 of 7,153
Here you guys go! :D

https://www.amazon.com/PAw-Patrol-Kid-Friendly-Headphones/dp/B01N76T26J

These are what every 3 year old should have :) What my wife got my son. I will say it is strange that they are labeled as reduced volume and the people that ding them in reviews do so because the volume is "low" when they listen to them. Well DUH!!! That being said, you can certainly give them more power and they don't sound that bad at all when you do strangely enough. These were like $10 from Walmart during Xmas time frame though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back