Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #2,956 of 7,153
I wouldn't let the crummy Massdrop comments on the Lasmex scare you away....there just aren't enough reviews of them to really come to a consensus. I have read through a lot of that Lasmex thread and it seems like there are a few people that are all bent out of shape about the fact that you need to EQ them to get the best out of them...well, guess what, below $100 nearly EVERY headphone needs mods, or EQ or both.

For an open backed sub $100 headphone my favorite is the Phillips SHP9500s ....but I don't know they are priced in your country, I think in some places they can be over that price.
The other budget open backed I like is the Superlux HD681 (the original 'red' version) It's technically a semi open backed, but with some very simple mods it is easy to give it a little more open sound. If you get the 681 replace the crummy stock pads with some Senitek Hybrid pads. Even with the pads, you should still be well under budget, and it's sound quality is hard to beat without going way over your budget.

Ha, ha I had both the Superlux and Philips in the past and sold them off also (done that a lot LOL). IIRC, I put velour pads on the HD681s to improve comfort and it killed the bass and accentuated the treble making them ear daggers. Seems like I liked them pretty well sound wise before the pad swap. Couldn't wear them long though because of the sweaty stock pads. Have you tried the HD668B? They get good reviews. Then there is the EVO series. Too many choices!

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #2,958 of 7,153
The only one I have that might fit your criteria is the Sivga SV007 if it is still available. Beautiful looking wood. Comfortable to me. I love the sound. Now I have made myself want to get them out. Tomorrow.

Those do look nice. How's the bass response? Couple of Amazon reviewers (i.e. take with grain of salt) stated they were tinny and lacking in bass. I'd be sold if you told me they were an open version of the Meze Neo or Classic.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #2,959 of 7,153
Those do look nice. How's the bass response? Couple of Amazon reviewers (i.e. take with grain of salt) stated they were tinny and lacking in bass. I'd be sold if you told me they were an open version of the Meze Neo or Classic.

I really like my Sivga 007, comfortable with a great sound but they are not quite as good as my Meze Classics

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #2,960 of 7,153
I'd go for the Lasmex bro, I'm still a little mad I kept the 400i over them now that I'm still looking to sell the 400i. Plus with Amazon you can easily return them (even though I think you will like them)

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #2,961 of 7,153

They are certainly not tinny and they do not lack bass. I have the Neo and I could try to compare but not when it is already almost 2am. I am guessing the Neo has more bass. I have too much stuff and have not listened with the Sivgas for a while but I do remember the times I have used them I ended up listening for hours :) Plus, when I listened to my husband's Sivgas I liked them enough that I wanted my own :) At least they don't look exactly the same... different wood grains... it is real wood.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #2,962 of 7,153
They are certainly not tinny and they do not lack bass. I have the Neo and I could try to compare but not when it is already almost 2am. I am guessing the Neo has more bass. I have too much stuff and have not listened with the Sivgas for a while but I do remember the times I have used them I ended up listening for hours :) Plus, when I listened to my husband's Sivgas I liked them enough that I wanted my own :) At least they don't look exactly the same... different wood grains... it is real wood.
Thanks. Get some sleep. Goodnight.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #2,964 of 7,153
I'd go for the Lasmex bro, I'm still a little mad I kept the 400i over them now that I'm still looking to sell the 400i. Plus with Amazon you can easily return them (even though I think you will like them)
Oh yeah I remember you talking about Lasmex a while back. Did you have the OEH open model?

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,966 of 7,153
I will give them a listen tomorrow. Do you have a Meze?
Yes, I have the Neo and love them.

Edit - I would appreciate that. I know they are apples and oranges but perhaps you could weigh in on musicality and listening enjoyment.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,967 of 7,153
Oh yeah I remember you talking about Lasmex a while back. Did you have the OEH open model?
I had the Open Back (well they are Semi). I remember bass being elevated but not overpowering, just enough. Treble was crisp with enough sparkle to not be too bright. Open enough sound to have a good stage & good separation.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,968 of 7,153
Yes, I have the Neo and love them.

I love my Neo as well. I will listen tomorrow with that in mind. I do not do the types of detailed technical comparisons that some are able to make. I just see how I feel with the headphone and the music.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2,969 of 7,153
Can anyone identify this headphones china OEM?

ready2music-4efcf091.jpg

It is from an austrian company called ready2music but the cans are made in china, they seem like a generic wireless copy of the beats headphone of this type.

But I really enjoy the sound of these, very clear sounding, a lot of sparkle and livelyness. The sound is criminally good for the price, questionable plasticky build though, although the colorful and black models are rubbery and feel a little better.

I just wanted to source them because I don't think they are a custom design. I was searching aliexpress and alibaba but could not find them yet.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #2,970 of 7,153
I had the Open Back (well they are Semi). I remember bass being elevated but not overpowering, just enough. Treble was crisp with enough sparkle to not be too bright. Open enough sound to have a good stage & good separation.
I could be mistaken, but was it you that said you preferred it slightly over the 9500s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back