Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #1,756 of 7,153
Shame you dislike the T&B, I still think they sound quite decent for what I paid. Then again, been too distracted with other cans of late, and haven't given them a listen on the ifi yet, not that I remember at least.

Yah.. that mid-treble just twinges me. I can't explain it. Not a ring or buzz.. but something that just makes me get gooseflesh like nails on a chalk board when notes hit in that area. It isn't deforming or changing the sound, just the transition is really off. I think he mid-treble area is where these cans switch from one diaphragm to the other. That transition between the electrostatic and the dynamic driver just doesn't sound quite right to me. Everything else sounds fine with them. Comfort wise the headband is barely there for me. I have to fully stretch them out for my head to get them on. They have a very small headband. Which is not a huge deal since they do fit. I tried a few different pads on them and currently have the Senitek cloth pads on them. Pads didn't change the sound signature and I am not sure that anything like that would fix that transition problem that I seem to hear/feel. Not completely disappointed in them, just wish it didn't have that flaw in the sound.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,757 of 7,153
no I haven't. I live in a weird geographic location in California, great beaches, amazing weather...but isolated enough that to audition stuff in person I have to drive up to the bay area or down to LA...it's kind of like living on an island.
I think I would REALLY like the Meze...as a good counterpart to the L2s...the problem is two fold: for the price, I think I would choose other things (a more 'serious' headphone: Sennheiser, Hifiman, Fostex) and I need to be able to ride my bike to the store and down to the embarcadero and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in the Meze, they are a little too nice to be hanging out in ocean spray...

Just wondering, where are you at? I'm up in the Bay Area. I feel like you are in Bakersfield or Fresno lol

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,758 of 7,153
I have read many good opinnions about Takstar pro 82 I have a Somic MH 463 and I had in the past a superlux HD681 evo that I sold so I do not like it. It will be this new Takstar better than the Somic one and what about Bosshifi B8 it looks nice too??

Thank you

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,759 of 7,153
Just wondering, where are you at? I'm up in the Bay Area. I feel like you are in Bakersfield or Fresno lol
Nooo I live on the Central Coast, Morro Bay. I won't be offended since you don't know better..... people from fresno and bakersfield come here to vacation. It's like the opposite of the valley.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,760 of 7,153
Nooo I live on the Central Coast, Morro Bay. I won't be offended since you don't know better..... people from fresno and bakersfield come here to vacation. It's like the opposite of the valley.
Ah yeah that is in the middle of nowhere haha. My cousin lives in SLO. Went down there last summer, I live on the coast up here so it kind of felt like home down there. Unfortunately even up here there isn't many higher end audio shops.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,761 of 7,153
I have read many good opinnions about Takstar pro 82 I have a Somic MH 463 and I had in the past a superlux HD681 evo that I sold so I do not like it. It will be this new Takstar better than the Somic one and what about Bosshifi B8 it looks nice too??

Thank you

What did you not like about the EVO? I have the B8 and yes it is very nice but I like the Sivga SV007 more.I have not heard the Somic. Tell us what you use your headphones for and if you need closed ones or could use open ( the Sivgas are open).

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,762 of 7,153
Ah yeah that is in the middle of nowhere haha. My cousin lives in SLO. Went down there last summer, I live on the coast up here so it kind of felt like home down there. Unfortunately even up here there isn't many higher end audio shops.
yeah, it's a weird place...I love it but it has it's downsides.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,763 of 7,153
They aren't Asian but my Meze Neo got delivered today. Im at the SF Giants game now so won't be able to listen til I'm back home

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #1,765 of 7,153
What did you not like about the EVO? I have the B8 and yes it is very nice but I like the Sivga SV007 more.I have not heard the Somic. Tell us what you use your headphones for and if you need closed ones or could use open ( the Sivgas are open).
I normally use the headphones at home with my Android phone and to see films when I travel on the airplane.
The problem with 681 was that does not sound strong enough with the phone, sound quality was not bad sounds flat somic have stronger bass. I do not know sivga.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,766 of 7,153
I normally use the headphones at home with my Android phone and to see films when I travel on the airplane.
The problem with 681 was that does not sound strong enough with the phone, sound quality was not bad sounds flat somic have stronger bass. I do not know sivga.

You will need closed headphones for the plane. Have you considered good IEMs or buds? How much money do you want to spend? Have you considered using a portable amp wth your phone? Sometimes a phone will not provide enough power for full size headphones. It depends on the impedence and efficiency of the headphones. You will usually find those specs on the product page. I cannot say how any of my headphones would be with a phone. I have never tried it. I use Daps (or my computer sending the sound to a desktop headphone amp). Why do you want to replace the Somic?

The EVO has very strong bass when properly amped.

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #1,767 of 7,153
You will need closed headphones for the plane. Have you considered good IEMs or buds? How much money do you want to spend? Have you considered using a portable amp wth your phone? Sometimes a phone will not provide enough power for full size headphones. It depends on the impedence and efficiency of the headphones. You will usually find those specs on the product page. I cannot say how any of my headphones would be with a phone. I have never tried it. I use Daps (or my computer sending the sound to a desktop headphone amp). Why do you want to replace the Somic?

The EVO has very strong bass when properly amped.

You are right so today I've confirmed that with my ipod classic 80gb my headphones sounds stronger, I plan to buy and amp (Fiio A1 or Topping NX1s). I have several headphones and I always ready to test a new one...:wink:

Sep 17, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #1,769 of 7,153
You are right so today I've confirmed that with my ipod classic 80gb my headphones sounds stronger, I plan to buy and amp (Fiio A1 or Topping NX1s). I have several headphones and I always ready to test a new one...:wink:

So, what headphones do you already have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back