Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,621 of 7,153
No one in this thread has gotten a pair of msurs or liedchens?

Two of us that I'm aware of have bought what appears to be a rebrand of the Liedchen Mk III on Amazon under the name Diza100 which currently runs $11 USD. For the price I feel it's a bit of fun, but the Akai 50X which cost me $30 after pads (which is similar to what I paid for the Diza100 in February) has quite a bit more quality in the sound with a sacrifice to fun and comfort. The Diza100 could be using a different driver than the Liedchen Mk III, so cannot say for certain these are the same given the large price difference between the two.

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,622 of 7,153
Two of us that I'm aware of have bought what appears to be a rebrand of the Liedchen Mk III on Amazon under the name Diza100 which currently runs $11 USD. For the price I feel it's a bit of fun, but the Akai 50X which cost me $30 after pads (which is similar to what I paid for the Diza100 in February) has quite a bit more quality in the sound with a sacrifice to fun and comfort. The Diza100 could be using a different driver than the Liedchen Mk III, so cannot say for certain these are the same given the large price difference between the two.

yah, I bought the Diza100 lightweights.. actually need lightweight as part of the name because there are other Diza100 headsets out there as that seems to be the company name. Didn't specifically get the Liedchen Mk III, but the ones I got sound decent and I've used them a lot for gaming.

Sep 11, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,623 of 7,153
Would like to get a MSUR N650 headphone. I just don't know if the ear $100 price tag is justified. $50 and I would have been all over it. Once you start getting over $70 and definitely near $100 or over then it needs to be something special. Most of what I've bought in that price range are from brand name recognition as well as being good. An example would be the Philips X2. Most everyone in the audio world knows them and their price. The price I paid for them will continue to hold for a long time and are worth that. If I had to sell them I can expect to get good market value.

Not the same can quite be said for MSUR or most chi-fi headphones. Some, but not all. Hifiman has made it on to the world stage of audio equipment for example, but MSUR hasn't.

Most of us here in this thread are bang for the buck people. Especially for Chi-Fi stuff. I visit this thread to relish in the gems in the rough on the cheap. Like the Liboers I bought. I digressed a bit into why I haven't picked up the MSUR cans yet. Really want them, but not sure how much better they are than the Bosshifi cans, as an example, to justify the double the price cost for them.
$100 is that magic number for some reason. It's like this psychological barrier and for me to spend close to or over that wall I need to feel like it's worth it. I agree with your general attitude about it though....I did a favor for a friend and instead of accepting money I said just get me these MDR 7506s I have had my eye on. They were my first 'real' headphones (unless you want to count the Koss PortaPro) and I have to tell you, out of the box they were piercingly bright at times and I had this SICK feeling in my stomach like I had wasted my friends money...even though it was only $80 I was kind of miserable about it...if I had bought them I would just return them. Fortunately after burn in...and later a pad upgrade, they sound great, I highly recommend them actually. BUT man, I will never forget that sick feeling of thinking I had wasted money.
My next big headphone purchase was the Fidelio L2 ... never a doubt in my mind as to whether they were worth the $100 I spent in part because i was able to gather a bunch of information and impressions to make sure they would suit me...I wouldn't feel as comfortable with MSURs ...heck, I'm waiting for the bosshifi B8 to go on sale before I pull the trigger.

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #1,624 of 7,153
hey guys im new to this thread, i just wanted to ask which is a better headphones in terms of sound? lyxpro has-30 or isk hp-2011?

IMO It comes down to the signature you prefer. If your music is not bass centric (if you like instruments and favor vocals) I'd suggest the hp2011which is close to neutral. Mind you they need amping to sound best and some users found the highs a bit too much. I personally think they sound excelent with dedicated dac and amp (amp is a must to get the bass kicking, otherwise they are over analytical and lack emotion). Quite transparent and revealing in the end. Really good for me.

The other users can comment on Lyx Pro which is rather bass tilted from what I've read and also from FR graph. I dont't own them but I had an order on one of its clones (Marantz MPH-2) which I decided to cancel as I'm still not sure its strong bass will suit me. I think these would do best if you are into bass centric music (pop, rap, hiphop, dance etc.). Take the last paragraph with a grain of salt as I speculate a bit too much since I don't own them. I invite the owners to detail.

Hope I helped a bit.

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,625 of 7,153
IMO It comes down to the signature you prefer. If your music is not bass centric (if you like instruments and favor vocals) I'd suggest the hp2011which is close to neutral. Mind you they need amping to sound best and some users found the highs a bit too much. I personally think they sound excelent with dedicated dac and amp (amp is a must to get the bass kicking, otherwise they are over analytical and lack emotion). Quite transparent and revealing in the end. Really good for me.

The other users can comment on Lyx Pro which is rather bass tilted from what I've read and also from FR graph. I dont't own them but I had an order on one of its clones (Marantz MPH-2) which I decided to cancel as I'm still not sure its strong bass will suit me. I think these would do best if you are into bass centric music (pop, rap, hiphop, dance etc.). Take the last paragraph with a grain of salt as I speculate a bit too much since I don't own them. I invite the owners to detail.

Hope I helped a bit.
You got it pretty well...I don't know about the ISK, what I have read makes it sound more analytic/neutral...They are a Beyer ...clone/copy/knockoff? Beyer=treble, right?
I do have the Akai 50x and they are thumpers. Some people around here call them neutral, but, I would disagree, they don't have enough detail or treble to be 'neutral' but, if you need a smooth, warm bassy sound, they are pretty great for the price.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,626 of 7,153
You got it pretty well...I don't know about the ISK, what I have read makes it sound more analytic/neutral...They are a Beyer ...clone/copy/knockoff? Beyer=treble, right?
I do have the Akai 50x and they are thumpers. Some people around here call them neutral, but, I would disagree, they don't have enough detail or treble to be 'neutral' but, if you need a smooth, warm bassy sound, they are pretty great for the price.

for what I've observed the akai 50x is the least favorite clone of isk mdh9000..idk why maybe bcoz of the bad stock pads or different drivers?

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #1,627 of 7,153

https://www.amazon.com/DIZA100-Headset-Microphone-PlayStation-PC-Blue/dp/B01FZ0JC76

These? They are the ones i found with that name, but they do not look like liedchens

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #1,628 of 7,153
for what I've observed the akai 50x is the least favorite clone of isk mdh9000..idk why maybe bcoz of the bad stock pads or different drivers?

I have always assumed it was the pads. Since everyone around here that owns them says the 1st thing to do is ditch the stock pads.

I didn't know they had different drivers??

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #1,630 of 7,153
It's just the pads, everything else is the same. I have mentioned here before IF you can get the Akai for $30 or less it is the best deal out of the bunch, because it's $9-13 to get good pads for these...for example I got mine on sale for $18.00 and bought senitek cloth pads for $13....a great deal. However, if it is above $30 or so, then you might as well just pick which of the other clones you like the look of or has the best accessories or whatever.

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,631 of 7,153
It's just the pads, everything else is the same. I have mentioned here before IF you can get the Akai for $30 or less it is the best deal out of the bunch, because it's $9-13 to get good pads for these...for example I got mine on sale for $18.00 and bought senitek cloth pads for $13....a great deal. However, if it is above $30 or so, then you might as well just pick which of the other clones you like the look of or has the best accessories or whatever.

Yeah, that's what I thought. In fact, you've said this on numerous occasions (re: the fact that they're identical, and only need to swap the pads for the best deal possible).

Thanks for clearing it up sir.

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #1,632 of 7,153
I have always assumed it was the pads. Since everyone around here that owns them says the 1st thing to do is ditch the stock pads.

I didn't know they had different drivers??
the drivers are the same. as far as graphs being different from the ISK website to the graphs of the other headphones, as far as I can tell it's just the same minor discrepancy from one person's tests to anothers...not all the same protocols and measures are followed across the board...so some readings are different. But I have never seen anything to indicate any of the drivers are different, just the pads

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,633 of 7,153
Yeah, that's what I thought. In fact, you've said this on numerous occasions (re: the fact that they're identical, and only need to swap the pads for the best deal possible).

Thanks for clearing it up sir.
no problem, that's what this whole thing is about...I didn't mean to over clarify my point...I just had a little computer hiccup...so things that I meant to send together posted after your response...

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #1,634 of 7,153
(re: the fact that they're identical, and only need to swap the pads for the best deal possible).

this is a point I don't mind repeating any time the question of best value for these clones comes up...it's kind of a pain, you are taking a leap of faith on 2 products instead of one, and you have to compare the various other headphones to make sure it really IS a better deal....but, I only paid $31.00 total and when I plug the Akai 50X (pronounced 'fiddy x') into my cute little Fiio a3 amp and put on...lets say Petey Pablo? It goes WHOMP WHOMP and BOOHM BOOHM* and I get up and MOVE around....so, totally worth the hassle.
*not 'better' bass than my L2s on the same settings...the L2 bass is 'resolving' or 'accurate' whatever you call it. L2 has amazing bass....and the Akai is just way more satisfying and fun. The L2 shows you a high def look at your bass...the Akai rubs up against you and makes you feel funny

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #1,635 of 7,153
no problem, that's what this whole thing is about...I didn't mean to over clarify my point...I just had a little computer hiccup...so things that I meant to send together posted after your response...

No, you weren't overclarifying; quite the contrary!

I was referring to it being mentioned in the past when the topic comes up - which is extremely helpful and appreciated, because not everyone reads through hundreds of pages of a thread before posting a question or comment (especially newcomers or people who only visit every so often).

You're basically one of the gurus on this headphone and their many clones, and the rest of us appreciate benefiting from the valuable information sharing!

:beyersmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back