Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #33,602 of 33,689
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #33,603 of 33,689
I'd rather stretch the budget a bit than underspend, for the right option!
Just to clarify my point. A lot of $200 IEMs (which is double fold of your stated budget) even can't compete with these $50 IEMs I mentioned. It's especially true about KZ PR2.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #33,604 of 33,689
Not a bass head. But play bass and listen to a lot of electronic music and modern pop with a lot of sub bass.
Basshead?

7HZ Legato, CCA CRA, KBEAR Rosefinch, IKKO OH10, SHUOER S12 with damping mod.

Don't think so. I mean "Not too dark".
Otherwise, good choice. S12 is slightly out of budget, though.
I guess Tangzu WANer and KZ PR2 are good, super budget options.

S12, PR2, and CRA were a little bright to me, in certain vocal/treble region at least. YMMV.

Ibasso IT00, Magaosi V3, or TFZ No.3 could all be options for a warm set in that budget ........um older ones like RHA T20i, .... HTC RC E240? .... Memt X6.... Just random ideas off my head, I'm sure there are more/better choices.

Since you mentioned LZ. Their LZ A5 and Semkarch (hard to find) might also fit you because their unique LZ bouncy bass.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #33,605 of 33,689
Would you mind saying a few more words about them?
For sure will be too bassy for you. I'd say for "true base-heads".
BTW, Intime Sho DD (Japan make) is a very good option, difficult to get, though. You can buy Intime GO at ebay. I guess this would be the right choice for you. Prominent bass and nice highs. They are V-shaped, thus don't expect high class mids. I'd consider AUDIOSENSE AQ4 or AQ0 (a cheaper option which is in your stated budget) too. In AQ4 you will have everything you want. For the money spent, of course.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #33,606 of 33,689
Looking for a 100 euro pair of IEMS with good isolation, good bass/sub bass and midrange.

Not too dark, as I'll use them live sometimes. But not particularly concerned about treble microdetails. Loved my LZ A4 and BLON 03s, but the Blons are not bassy enough. And the A4s are openback.

Go Solid resin for best isolation.

FLO AUDIO Bluelover are very good! :L3000:

Magaosi V3 and TRI Meteor are both decent 1+1 if you want bass. V3 is about $40 and Meteor goes on sale fairly often now. These both have present mid-bass not scooped with sub-bass emphasis.

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #33,607 of 33,689
PR2, and CRA were a little bright to me, in certain vocal/treble region at least.
I am shy to ask but have you burned them in properly? Out of the box- yes, they exactly sound like this.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #33,608 of 33,689
By the way, for Russian speaking Bass-heads, welcome to my Telegram Channel at https://t.me/bassheads/1.
We are 300+ for the moment.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #33,609 of 33,689
Would you mind saying a few more words about them?

For me they hit the sweet spot. The bass is prominent but it isn’t overwhelming or blurry. The Legato’s bass is very lifelike and is balanced by the rest of the frequency range, which is clean and crisp. The elevated bass isn’t out of control like in Beats phones. It’s tasteful and appropriate. At least to my ear Legato is a perfect bass centered set that doesn’t tip over into bass-head range.

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #33,611 of 33,689
Of what’s recoed to you I like the OH-10’s however they have a heavier shell they can sound very close to LZ-A4 depending on filter set, for lighter I like FiiO FH3. Carpet has a good suggestion with the Magosi 3’s as well. Good luck on your quest :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #33,612 of 33,689
Looking for a 100 euro pair of IEMS with good isolation, good bass/sub bass and midrange.

Not too dark, as I'll use them live sometimes. But not particularly concerned about treble microdetails. Loved my LZ A4 and BLON 03s, but the Blons are not bassy enough. And the A4s are openback.

For live performance (audio work/stage monitoring), I would recommend at sub $100 USD to check out the Truthear HEXA. It is a neutral IEM with sub-bass boost. There's not much mid-bass though, it is mostly sub-bass focused. Mids are not depressed unlike some V-shaped type signatures.

Truthear_HEXA_Graph-1100x542.jpg

Reasons:
1) Isolation - you need to protect your hearing, with live music performances easily hitting 130 dB. The HEXA has quite decent passive isolation in this respect. Good isolation also preserves the sub-bass frequencies and allows you to hear finer details at the lowest possible volume.
2) Comfort - I find the HEXA's ergonomics to be decent. No point having a heavenly sounding IEM with bad comfort and you cannot tolerate it for more than a few minutes.
3) Neutral signature - when doing live stage monitoring, you want something that doesn't colour the frequencies too much - ie no V-shaped sets. For example, if you use a basshead IEM to do monitoring, the bass sounds huge in your ears, but what the audience hears outside may be an anemic bass.
4) Decent technicalities - HEXA has quite decent resolution and imaging for the coin, which is important in stage monitoring.

The HEXA may sound "boring" with normal music listening as it isn't very bass boosted, but IMHO, it makes a fine beater option for music work and gigs. YMMV.

Jul 6, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #33,613 of 33,689
There are WAY bassier sets than Legato.
WAY? Like what? If you mean FATfreq Maestro SE then I'd agree. Other than those - I have a big doubt in.
I am a 90% bass head and have some bass canons (see my signature) at my disposal but I wouldn't say they are WAY "bassier" than Legato as far as the bass quantity is concerned. On the contrary, I'd be more than happy, though, if legato had had the same amount of punch and control as they have the amount/quantity of base.
Actually I did not say/write they (Legato) are the most bassy, or did I?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #33,614 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #33,615 of 33,689
For live performance (audio work/stage monitoring), I would recommend at sub $100 USD to check out the Truthear HEXA. It is a neutral IEM with sub-bass boost. There's not much mid-bass though, it is mostly sub-bass focused. Mids are not depressed unlike some V-shaped type signatures.

Truthear_HEXA_Graph-1100x542.jpg

Reasons:
1) Isolation - you need to protect your hearing, with live music performances easily hitting 130 dB. The HEXA has quite decent passive isolation in this respect. Good isolation also preserves the sub-bass frequencies and allows you to hear finer details at the lowest possible volume.
2) Comfort - I find the HEXA's ergonomics to be decent. No point having a heavenly sounding IEM with bad comfort and you cannot tolerate it for more than a few minutes.
3) Neutral signature - when doing live stage monitoring, you want something that doesn't colour the frequencies too much - ie no V-shaped sets. For example, if you use a basshead IEM to do monitoring, the bass sounds huge in your ears, but what the audience hears outside may be an anemic bass.
4) Decent technicalities - HEXA has quite decent resolution and imaging for the coin, which is important in stage monitoring.

The HEXA may sound "boring" with normal music listening as it isn't very bass boosted, but IMHO, it makes a fine beater option for music work and gigs. YMMV.
Great review!
I think isolation is an underestimated quality in IEM.
For me is a great plus both when I use my IEM for making music (I'm a drummer) and when I listen to music (the isolation helps a lot hearing all the details in a record!).
Thank you!
Do you have also suggestion for sub 100$ budget?
Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back