Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 19, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #33,406 of 33,689
Dec 26, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #33,407 of 33,689
Unfortunately, there is little to read about the Toneking TS5 here. A pretty good sounding fun IEM with western tuning, less Asian like KZ or CCA etc.
Especially more relaxed in higher frequencies. A few days ago I was able to buy second-hand goods on a German second-hand goods site for around 80 €.
The only drawback is the look with the gears which looks pretty silly.
There doesn't seem to be a frequency measurement ... why is this model so unknown here ???
Are Knowles Drivers in Toneking Models? Sound better than anything I've heard of Chi-Fi brands.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #33,408 of 33,689
Unfortunately, there is little to read about the Toneking TS5 here. A pretty good sounding fun IEM with western tuning, less Asian like KZ or CCA etc.
Especially more relaxed in higher frequencies. A few days ago I was able to buy second-hand goods on a German second-hand goods site for around 80 €.
The only drawback is the look with the gears which looks pretty silly.
There doesn't seem to be a frequency measurement ... why is this model so unknown here ???
Are Knowles Drivers in Toneking Models? Sound better than anything I've heard of Chi-Fi brands.

Toneking doesn't really advertise much, and they don't give out review units to reviewers too.

Most of their gear are also not cheap, and it would take a big leap of faith to blind purchase their products at the $100 USD range.

Hence they have a small cult following but aren't too mainstream.

I blind purchased their Toneking Ninetails about 2 years back, it has swappable front/back nozzles to give a various sound permutations, from basshead to neutral. I still have it with me and take it for a spin now and then. It has good timbre but technicalities wise, it has been outclassed by some cheaper CHIFI releases this year.

Jan 4, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #33,409 of 33,689
Anyone know a detailed midrange based engaging sound that's not sibilant or spacious in the treble? Oh and bass should be well incorporated in the music, not sounding louder than it, same goes for midrange vs treble. I appreciate a natural sound. Actually i was looking to bowers and wilkins for a new model of that sound (px7 carbon) since i tried a p5 years ago i found it least incompetent by having a human sound except that it was a minimally dull as bright in the treble (without additional details). I figured with the carbon i might get something that doesn't ignore the midrange and if brighter for being a more expensive model might get a decently detailed headphone for how unnatural it may add to it in the treble. And i heard they're reducing the bass, adding midrange, vocals, changing the treble once again for their newest carbon. I would like something that sounds closer and fun, if you know it. Thanks 😊

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #33,410 of 33,689
My review of See Audio Yume: Midnight:

20211231_161914_HDR-1.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/see-audio-x-crinacle-yume-midnight.25636/reviews#review-27635

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #33,411 of 33,689
Toneking doesn't really advertise much, and they don't give out review units to reviewers too.

Most of their gear are also not cheap, and it would take a big leap of faith to blind purchase their products at the $100 USD range.

Hence they have a small cult following but aren't too mainstream.

I blind purchased their Toneking Ninetails about 2 years back, it has swappable front/back nozzles to give a various sound permutations, from basshead to neutral. I still have it with me and take it for a spin now and then. It has good timbre but technicalities wise, it has been outclassed by some cheaper CHIFI releases this year.
Which have outclassed Ninetails? I haven't kept up lately.

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #33,412 of 33,689
Which have outclassed Ninetails? I haven't kept up lately.

The Ninetails has good timbre, but in terms of technical performance (eg microdetails, imaging, micro-details and bass tightness), a lot of single DD beat it at sub $100 USD.

Eg Moondrop Aria 2021, BLON BL-05s, TForce Yuan Li.

Not to mention a lot of other hybrids/multi BA types too.

In terms of sets with tuning switches that can change the sound signature, the Smabat Proto and TRI Starsea also outclass the Ninetails.

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #33,413 of 33,689
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #33,417 of 33,689
_DSC9385-Edit (75).jpg

The BQEYZ Autumn has a safe tuning and many of the advantages inherent to single dynamic driver designs. However, its technical performance is average and certain aspects of its tuning come with trade-offs I would rather not make.
My full review is up on my blog: https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/bqeyz-autumn-review-16b488372a91

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #33,418 of 33,689
Hello fellow head-fier’s! :smile::raised_back_of_hand:

Is BQEYZ Autumn paving the way to a new kind of tuning? Here’s my quick impression on their latest gem.
1642951672817.jpg1642951672806.jpg
1643561220769.jpg1643561220779.jpg

About: BQEYZ
For more than 20 years, BQEYZ was a company offering only OEM and ODM direct from factory, until 2018 when they released their own branded name, “BQEYZ”, which means “Best Quality for You”. They released several IEM models to date, even their more popular seasonal models like BQEYZ Spring, Summer, and now their current model, Autumn. They are very competitive in the lower to mid-price bracket in an all too familiar Chi-fi world. The design and material used are mid-grade to higher-end grade level, and according to their standards, the quality and affordable price comes first before anything else.

1643561220791.jpg1643561220804.jpg

PACKAGE
In the package you get a pair of BQEYZ Autumn in-ear monitors. One high quality silver-copper detachable cable. A squared IEM carry case. One set of black “narrow-bore” small-medium-large silicone ear tips, plus another set of gray “wide-bore” small-medium-large silicone ear tips. A small metal plate that houses a gray (bass), gold (normal), and silver (treble) magnetic tuner(s). One magnetic stick. One cleaning brush. Plus, the manual and warranty card.

1642951672829.jpg1642951672792.jpg1643023504650 (2).jpg1642951672762.jpg1643259545249 (2).jpg SPECS

MAGNET TUNING SYSTEM
Marvel has Magneto from the movie X-Men, while BQEYZ has AUTUMN’s magnet tuning system, LOL! And at a price bracket that’s around $199 US dollars, the AUTUMN’s fierce new tuning gives a new meaning to the word “meta-tuning”. So, paving the way to a new kind of tuning, one may think that the new AUTUMN’s magnet tuning system is a gimmick, but think again! They actually work well and undeniably better or faster than many screw-on tuning filters, tuning housing plates, or even plastic tuning switches out there. I’m going to be honest, when I started fiddling with the new magnet tuning, I thought it was going to be just another toy that I will eventually get tired of. But, to my surprise they became fun and kind of addictive changing the different tuning magnets in order to listen to the three different sound signatures, which really works well! I really enjoyed all three tunings. For example, the Gray magnet gives me a very nice bass rumble, which I may hear occasionally. While, the Gold magnet gives me an engaging and lively sounding experience, if I’m up to it. And lastly, the Silver magnets provides me that neutral analytical clarity when needed. To better understand, below is a breakdown of what each tuning magnet does individually with the housing unit.

1642951672724.jpgmagneto-face-7.jpg Courtesy of Marvel Comics

SOUND AND TUNING
Gray magnet/Bass:

The gray magnet creates a deeper bass level giving it a “slight V-shape” sound to the whole signature. It provides good sub-bass extension with nice rumble and a warmer presentation. Unfortunately, the bass level will not please those seeking even a deeper sub-sonic boom for that matter, but it will definitely be very enjoyable for those seeking the right amount of lower bass without drowning the rest of the MID and High frequencies.

Gold magnet/Normal:
The gold magnet is basically a normal or “balanced” sound signature where the bass is elevated providing a mild rumble, while the MID’s and treble are slightly clear and forward with the sense of air and transparency. At times, U-shape does come to mind according to some genre’s like rap, hip-hop, EDM, and other related genre’s where the bass and treble does elevate slightly, but all other genre’s will scale to a balanced signature at most.

Silver magnet/Treble:
The silver magnet is considered to have more of a treble preference, though it sounds more like “neutral” with an analytical clarity to them. You can actually hear higher-end details from the treble for sure while the bass and midrange is also neutral with the rest of the signature. The sound does come off as slightly cold, but incredibly accurate, to say the least.

Soundstage and Resolution:
The Autumn’s soundstage is excellent for its price point with a lively sounding stage presence and quite significantly clear. They demonstrate a slightly better than average wide soundstage due to its clear sounding nature with nice separation, imaging and good layering. The front, height and depth are equally clear and present, but not the best I’ve heard, while the resolution overall is immersive and grand. For some people not wanting to spend more for dynamic drivers, it’s understandable why they may find the Autumn as an end game, IMHO.

PROS AND CONS:
Pros:

Exceptionally clear with deep bass, nice vocals, with good timbre and clean details. Great build quality. Attractive detachable cables. Two different type of sets of small, medium, and large silicone ear tips. Superb magnet tuning system with magnet removing stick. Lively and clear soundstage. Beautifully crafted metal housing.

Cons:
Not for bass heads. Might be on the bright side for those sensitive to upper-midrange or lower treble peaks. Isolation and seal may be a bit tricky for some. Lacking some micro-details. No comply/foam ear tips.

1643561220815 (4).jpg

My Personal Suggestions and Comments:
The Autumns are a joy to own, but one note I would like to add is that I found the silicone ear tips a little “off-set” to the tuning making the treble ever so harsh or sibilant. And even after one hundred hours of burning them in, it didn’t make much of a difference. So, when I went through my vast collection of silicone ear tips, I found that the best ear tips that fit and finalizes my personal joy of listening to my music category was the medium silicone ear tips that come with the BLONS (BL01, BL03, etc…) since the tips are slightly longer. Now, there’s no harsh or sibilant peaks! Just pure detail and clarity! Another suggestion would be to change to cable. But, personally that detachable shiny silver-gray cable that comes with them is too “good-looking” to pass on.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Finally, I want to give a special thanks to ‘Elle’ and the BQEYZ team for sending the BQEYZ Autumn at a discounted price in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $199 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.

Official Aliexpress store
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003532634040.html

Official Taobao store
www.taobao.com/list/item/659855737771.htm

Hope this review was beneficial in any way for those interested…

-Clear

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #33,420 of 33,689
Anyone know a detailed midrange based engaging sound that's not sibilant or spacious in the treble? Oh and bass should be well incorporated in the music, not sounding louder than it, same goes for midrange vs treble. I appreciate a natural sound. Actually i was looking to bowers and wilkins for a new model of that sound (px7 carbon) since i tried a p5 years ago i found it least incompetent by having a human sound except that it was a minimally dull as bright in the treble (without additional details). I figured with the carbon i might get something that doesn't ignore the midrange and if brighter for being a more expensive model might get a decently detailed headphone for how unnatural it may add to it in the treble. And i heard they're reducing the bass, adding midrange, vocals, changing the treble once again for their newest carbon. I would like something that sounds closer and fun, if you know it. Thanks 😊
You may want to investigate the IKKO OH1S. It has a neutral sound, it is well balanced yet is still dynamic and fun. The Knowles BA has very good timbre as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back