Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 4, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #33,421 of 33,689
Anyone know a detailed midrange based engaging sound that's not sibilant or spacious in the treble? Oh and bass should be well incorporated in the music, not sounding louder than it, same goes for midrange vs treble. I appreciate a natural sound. Actually i was looking to bowers and wilkins for a new model of that sound (px7 carbon) since i tried a p5 years ago i found it least incompetent by having a human sound except that it was a minimally dull as bright in the treble (without additional details). I figured with the carbon i might get something that doesn't ignore the midrange and if brighter for being a more expensive model might get a decently detailed headphone for how unnatural it may add to it in the treble. And i heard they're reducing the bass, adding midrange, vocals, changing the treble once again for their newest carbon. I would like something that sounds closer and fun, if you know it. Thanks 😊
I would also try the HZ Sound Heart Mirror, neutral/bright, well balanced and has a carbon diaphragm DD.

Feb 7, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #33,422 of 33,689
Looking for recomendations:

- Nozzle size max 3mm diameter (must fit Westone Tru-Fit or comply P-series foam tips without adapters or superglue)
- BA (or BA+DD combo)
- Plastic/resin shell (absolutely NO metal)
- small size shell (i.e. fits comfortably within small to medium-sized concha)
- MMCX connectors

Any current tips/recommendtations for the above?

My workhorse NiceHCK DT300 Pro are no longer available at AliExpress and my last pair broke.

I use these while exercising so I'm not looking for a $1000+ pair IEMs, but something that are good enough, sturdy, play with good MMCX cables I can get cheaply and can be replaced without breaking the bank when the IEMs get destroyed eventually. I used Shure/Westone previously for this, but they get way too expensive too fast 🙃

Feb 7, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #33,423 of 33,689
Looking for recomendations:

- Nozzle size max 3mm diameter (must fit Westone Tru-Fit or comply P-series foam tips without adapters or superglue)
- BA (or BA+DD combo)
- Plastic/resin shell (absolutely NO metal)
- small size shell (i.e. fits comfortably within small to medium-sized concha)
- MMCX connectors

Any current tips/recommendtations for the above?

My workhorse NiceHCK DT300 Pro are no longer available at AliExpress and my last pair broke.

I use these while exercising so I'm not looking for a $1000+ pair IEMs, but something that are good enough, sturdy, play with good MMCX cables I can get cheaply and can be replaced without breaking the bank when the IEMs get destroyed eventually. I used Shure/Westone previously for this, but they get way too expensive too fast 🙃
Well, check out the Audiosense T180 Pro and the T260 Pro.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32982997571.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985006650.html

Here is my graph on the T180 Pro btw:

graph - 2022-02-07T142557.309.png

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #33,425 of 33,689
Does anyone know if Magaosi have come out with anything new the last two years? I have the DQ4 and am very pleased with it but I'm wondering if they have a website that I can check to see if anything new has come out. I am thinking of getting the flagship 6-ba model but the budget IEM V3 and the X3, MGS-401 and K5pro bass look interesting, too.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #33,430 of 33,689
Today we shared our full review of the Kinera Idun Golden Universal Hybrid IEM on Headfonia. @Virtu Fortuna even calls it a recommended buy

https://www.headfonia.com/kinera-idun-golden-review/
Nice review as always.
From an NORN and future IDUN (2.0) it seems they are two sides of the same coin. One is more fun, and the other one is more coherente.
I really like the NORN for my music preferences (mostly electronic) but I cant wait to get the IDUN to test as well.

Mar 10, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #33,431 of 33,689
Mar 10, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #33,434 of 33,689
Hopefully more than just a colour change.
The reviews when the original came out weren't compelling enough for me to add to my short list. A colour change isn't going to change that, especially when new iems have been released since that are much more interesting to me.
A drop in price to sub $100 (which I can't see happening) would perhaps reinvigorate my interest.

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #33,435 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back