Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 5, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #32,686 of 33,689
U can ask @RikudouGoku who has both. But earbuds (Viridis) and IEMs (FH3) are very different kettle of fish. I daresay earbuds are actually closer to open backed headphones than IEMs per se (in terms of earbuds/open backed cans having good soundstage and lack of isolation/subbass), whereas IEMs have better isolation and poorer soundstage in general. I think they bring different benefits to the table so they are complimentary gear IMHO. As this is headfi, the correct answer will be to get both hahaha!
Speaking of Viridis, I'm more interested in the comparison between Viridis and Yincrow RW-2000.
The only thing that distracts me from RW-2000 is low Impedance (16ohm) and high sensitivity (112dV). I'm not a fan of this combo

Dec 5, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #32,687 of 33,689
New years sale starts in 1 day on aliexpress that will drop the Viridis to $76! Now to decide whether to get the FH3 or Viridis to go along with my Etymotic ER2XR....

if you can only want to buy one, the Viridis might be a more "different experience than the ER2XR" than the FH3

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #32,688 of 33,689
The S... company have quite a few of -$25 IEMs including a pro version of what you most likely refer to (and many prefer the pro version for their more realistic timbre).

In the context, the difference between "bashing" and constructive criticism may arguable lie in relevant competence and constructive attitude.
I've heard from some that the Pro isnt as good as the original. You prefer the Pro?

The last paragraph is brilliant. Have you written any books? I want to read them.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #32,689 of 33,689
The S... company have quite a few of -$25 IEMs including a pro version of what you most likely refer to (and many prefer the pro version for their more realistic timbre).

I very much enjoy S... MT300 that were recently on sale at ~$70.

In the context, the difference between "bashing" and constructive criticism may arguable lie in relevant competence and constructive attitude.

Yeah I bit on Sen*** MT300 as well. They're still in the mail. Hope at least sound normal for my liking. It's always a hit miss with this company. I've got multiple buds from them in the past, they're mostly okay for the price minus sub-par MMCX connection. I figured their new connectors might solve that problem.

They've also just launched kp580, which seem to be a steal for around $15. I'm gonna leave them in the cart for now, cuz I still have 5 other pairs on my way. But seriously that housing alone would probably get the tickets worth(Though 90% of their products are heavily *inspired by popular models, this time is low-key doing their thing on BGVP DN2.)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #32,690 of 33,689
I've heard from some that the Pro isnt as good as the original. You prefer the Pro?

The last paragraph is brilliant. Have you written any books? I want to read them.

The Pro fixed the timbre issue if the original to become a very competent IEM for ~$25 (very good, but nothing great to me).
I do prefer the quirks and stage magic of the original by far - listening to piano duos with the 3-D sound, as if pianos were placed everywhere is close to a pure magic to me :)

So if timbre is a not a major issue - no need to conside the Pro.
I plan to finally get a better MMCX cable to enjoy the original ones more :)

Now, MT300 are also very likeable, surprisingly coherent, the zest of ESTs is there (a sweet hint of the reminiscence to cassette tapes). I love how the DD is not prominent, in contrast to NiceHCK NX7, which is another tribryd, but where the DD plays the major role (not my sound preference). To me, MT300 are very competitive under $150, and the current sale prices make them a good value proposition.

(No books, sorry; just few words jumbled together in the forums)

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #32,691 of 33,689
Yeah I bite on Sen*** MT300 as well. They're still on the way. Hope at least sound normal for my liking. It's just a random shot at their electro*-dynamic configuration. It's always a hit miss with this company. I've got multiple buds from them in the past, they're mostly okay for the price minus sub-par MMCX connection. I figured their new connectors might solve that problem.

They've also just launched kp580, which seem to be a steal for around $15. I'm gonna leave them in the cart for now, since I still have 5 other pairs on my way. They could sound mediocre, but seriously that housing alone would probably get the tickets worth(Though 90% of their products are heavily *inspired by popular models, this time is low-key doing their thing on BGVP DN2.)
I just wrote above about MT300, love them in two words.

Incidentally, I've ordered 580 few days ago; honestly for parts of the screw MMCX cable, but we will see :)

I would love to get a balanced cable for MT300. May be someone know places and can offer some advice? (I do know that normal MMCX fits; as much as I dislike MMCX, screwed connectors are a very good idea/design, so I would love to get a balanced one).

The other "4-letter company" is forever banned for me; very damaging experience.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #32,692 of 33,689
I just wrote above about MT300, love them in two words.

Incidentally, I've ordered 580 few days ago; honestly for parts of the screw MMCX cable, but we will see :)

I would love to get a balanced cable for MT300. May be someone know places and can offer some advice? (I do know that normal MMCX fits; as much as I dislike MMCX, screwed connectors are a very good idea/design, so I would love to get a balanced one).

The other "4-letter company" is forever banned for me; very damaging experience.

Yep. I got DM6 and Dx3s from the other company you mentioned. They're alright, but definitely over-hyped!

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #32,693 of 33,689
Yeah I bit on Sen*** MT300 as well. They're still in the mail. Hope at least sound normal for my liking. It's always a hit miss with this company. I've got multiple buds from them in the past, they're mostly okay for the price minus sub-par MMCX connection. I figured their new connectors might solve that problem.

They've also just launched kp580, which seem to be a steal for around $15. I'm gonna leave them in the cart for now, cuz I still have 5 other pairs on my way. But seriously that housing alone would probably get the tickets worth(Though 90% of their products are heavily *inspired by popular models, this time is low-key doing their thing on BGVP DN2.)
kp580 looks a bit heavy. Probably it feels the same way because of ceramic and metal. These new connectors look massive for an IEM.
Let's throw all criticism in the water because this price is ridiculous. Only cables are worth more not to mention IEM itself.
And from previous experience with s.e.n.f.e.r budget products, I can only talk about positive things. :beerchug:

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #32,694 of 33,689
Yeah, given away as gifts, sold to people, modded, traded, used for parts, etc.

Of my “personal” ones, I always buy 2 of models that I like, to have 1 as a spare backup. Or to have the different colors, etc.

I’m still sad that I was never able to get a Royal Blue ZS10 Pro or a Micro Ring. One of these days.
I have a lot of KZ but not as much as you... Much Respect... Very Little QC issues if any.. The one that I wished I had and searched frantically for was the A1. Unfortunately I was a bit late for that party. Still hoping to pick one up one day.....

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #32,695 of 33,689
Yeah, given away as gifts, sold to people, modded, traded, used for parts, etc.

Of my “personal” ones, I always buy 2 of models that I like, to have 1 as a spare backup. Or to have the different colors, etc.

I’m still sad that I was never able to get a Royal Blue ZS10 Pro or a Micro Ring. One of these days.

You can probably roust that RB ZS10 P but I can't even find a collector with a sealed Ring they'd let go of!

Dec 7, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #32,696 of 33,689
Hi,
I'm in the hunt for a new pair of IEMs. I have the Shure SE215 and the RHA MA750i. I'm after soundstage!
In what price range, IEM start to deliver big soundstage, with proper depth, height and width?
Thanks!

Dec 7, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #32,697 of 33,689
Hi,
I'm in the hunt for a new pair of IEMs. I have the Shure SE215 and the RHA MA750i. I'm after soundstage!
In what price range, IEM start to deliver big soundstage, with proper depth, height and width?
Thanks!
Of what I’ve listened to, the least expensive IEM that has a big soundstage and impressive imaging is the ISN D02.

Dec 7, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #32,698 of 33,689
Hi,
Thanks!

TRI I3 assuming u have an amp, one of the best soundstages (3D) for a $150ish USD set.

LZ A7 also has quite a nice soundstage, but is more expensive at $300ish USD. It has 10 tuning options, on the more V shaped options the soundstage is indeed very good. The LZ A7 actually has better width and depth in soundstage, but loses a tinge to the TRI I3 in the height department.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #32,699 of 33,689
Hi,
Thanks!
The TRI i3 is very good as is the Starsea. They sound different but are both excellent in the soundstage department.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #32,700 of 33,689
After checking the box of my Kinera Tyrs, turns out it only came with 3 pairs of "normal" black eartips, and no final E type tips :frowning2: kinda sad and embarassed after thinking that the included tips were not final tips (but they do replace my BLON BL-03 tips to give a better seal)

I guess I'll need to buy the Type E tips separately, especially for my Final e3000s (got them secondhand with generic white tips), any difference in the black colored E Type tips with the colored variants?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back