Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 8, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #32,387 of 33,689
@KutuzovGambit thank you for the heads up on linsoul deal. I placed order for the LZ A7, and my order number ended with "1", meaning they will give a refund. I did use the $100 gift card, so total it cost me $50 for the A7
I'm super happy for you man!

If you want to return the favor, let me know if you know anyone looking for a LNIB ISN D02... trying to free up some funds for my non-refunded Linsoul 11-11 order :)

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #32,390 of 33,689
Thank you @MrDelicious for the headsup.

So these are the lowest 11/11 sale prices that I saw while browsing thru Aliexpress...

I'm going to pick up the Edifier X3 bluetooth IEMs for $20 USD, down from $25. Not really going to purchase anything big.

Nov 10, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #32,391 of 33,689
Could anyone who has owned/heard both iems please point me in the right direction? Maybe listen to the track below on your NM2+? This track has super phat ear-massaging bass, so I'd love to know how it comes through on the NM2+ :)

This may not directly answer your question, but...

In some cases, I'd recommend the TRN BA5 for Psy-Trance. It's actually my top performer for that genre. As long as it's not too bass-heavy. It's more of a treble performer.

That said, I tested your track with the BA5. It actually kind of does have 'ear-massaging' bass. But it's not as clear-sounding as what I'm used to with that IEM. Soundstage with this 'E.V.P.' is pretty good, the positioning of instruments is, well it's amusing.

The bass is sounding kind of muddy. It's not thumping or slamming with the BA5, and the texture is a bit barren. So the BA5 is not terrible with this, but it's not the star either.

I then tried it with the V90. Surprisingly, the bass was not more 'ear-massaging' near the same volume, and only somewhat more thumpy. There was a greater overall bass presence. The BA5 was kind of 'flat' with this track, the V90 kind of incoherent. I am surprised. Maybe I should try the TFZ No. 3, that's supposed to be a bass performer.

V90 did get to 'ear-massaging' when I turned up the volume [and I have a higher-impedance cable on it], but I don't like to listen at that level. Still a kind of coarse sound.

BA5 is good for synthy stuff sometimes - BA5 owners, check the first one out:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zDkniNTeZg

and basic trance:

youtube.com/watch?v=xR3OrePud0U

and bass-moderate DnB:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uemn79gOxeQ

and whatever this is:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBjjEhSLnlk

BA5 vs V90

Interestingly, I think the V90 handles the following tracks better than BA5:

If we want to talk psy-trance, the V90 grinds, snaps and thumps nicely on this track:

BA5 is more clear with this track, and makes more phat sounds, but the bass is not as thick or diverse. Synth noisemakers are more prominent, vocals more clear, and bass beat is tight, but I think it isn't digging as deep in the bass. Bass information not as diverse.

So I don't know if this provided any data for your question, but it seems to me that DnB and especially psytrance can teach us about BA5 vs V90! Seriously though, the NM2+ is probably good.

I learned that BA5 and V90 could be good for DnB and Psy-trance, but not consistently good [other tracks were not always up to par.]

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #32,392 of 33,689
Was checking the graph of the Moondrop SSP. Compared it to other IEMs and then saw this...
1605067865196.png

I know graphs aren't everything, but they're from the same company 🤣

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #32,394 of 33,689
I honestly still stan the SSR as sounding incredible, treble sensitive earlets need not apply
I'm really interested in getting an SSR/SSP as my next IEM. I don't like bass that much. The new Lark also seems like a good choice.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #32,396 of 33,689
I'm going to pick up the Edifier X3 bluetooth IEMs for $20 USD, down from $25. Not really going to purchase anything big.
I love these things. Took them out jogging the other day and I couldn't be happier. I use them with foams, which not only improves isolation, but also provides much better fit. You won't regret getting them!

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #32,397 of 33,689
Is 69$ a good deal for the iBasso IT00? Lucky number at least...

I've been recommended them, also from threadstarterreviver Baskingshark. I have the Tin T2s and while the detail and clarity is very very good I find that it's just not engaging me, it's not "fun". I have a pair of Shure SE215 and LOVE the isolation they give but find them veiled, more engaging that the T2s but still.... And then I have a pair of SoundMAGIC E10 which are surprisingly FUN but only on music where detail isn't that important to me like EDM.

My wallet is biting my ass through the back pocket now and telling me to stop :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #32,398 of 33,689

I've been recommended them, also from threadstarterreviver Baskingshark. I have the Tin T2s and while the detail and clarity is very very good I find that it's just not engaging me, it's not "fun". I have a pair of Shure SE215 and LOVE the isolation they give but find them veiled, more engaging that the T2s but still.... And then I have a pair of SoundMAGIC E10 which are surprisingly FUN but only on music where detail isn't that important to me like EDM.

My wallet is biting my ass through the back pocket now and telling me to stop :)
$69 for the iBasso it00 makes it in my mind the best IEM in that price range. They are organic, musical and analogue sounding with very good bass, good mids and good highs.....for $69....... unless you want ultra extended highs for classical music. If you like good bass these are the boys.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #32,399 of 33,689

Ya I have Tin T2 Plus and it is well tuned in terms of tonality and timbre, nothing offensive and quite smooth. But technicalities are about average at this price range and it does lack a bit of dynamism/fun factor for me.

iBasso IT00 is more bassy especially at the subbass, and has thicker lower mids. It isn't as extended in the highs as the Tin T2 Plus. Some might find the iBasso IT00's lower mids too coloured, but it is more "fun" sounding as such. One thing to note is that the iBasso IT00 has driver flex, it can be a deal breaker for some, but there's ways to mitigate driver flex. I'm basshead so I'd take the iBasso IT00 over the Tin T2 Plus, but as they say, different strokes for different folks, I think Tin T2 plus is quite a good set nevertheless, especially for genres like jazz and classical.

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #32,400 of 33,689
Could someone perhaps clarify which genres the following IEMs are best at, respectively? FH3, IT00, and NA2?

I wasn't planning on getting something in that price category, but there are some deals. I'm not sure what they're optimal at, besides the FH3 being a versatile IEM kind of like a super-T2+ and comparable to the IT00. The IT00 is warm and bassy and very good at it. NA2 is the most balanced NF Audio, with more bass and a musical tuning.

Reading the threads is actually pushing me towards the NM2+ because it is the ultimate classical IEM in that price range, and I don't have many IEMs for that. I don't like excessive brightness, but sometimes it's worth it. What's stopping me from any NF Audio product is the possibility of a hypothetical IEM with NM2+ detail/soundstage and NA2 tuning. Because that could obsolete both of them for me.

If I have ZS-10 Pro, ZS7, CNT-1, Tin T2/4, BA5, V90, King Pro, and No.3, which of the FH3/IT00/NA2 might offer new capabilities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back