Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 15, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #32,416 of 33,689
About TFZ, I really like the old series of TFZ (Exclusive models, Tequila1, KingPro). In the period when they came out, they were really popular, but today's models are less and less mentioned. I own TFZ Exclusive 3, the smallest IEM from my collection, and the whole TFZ lineup. I remember when I first put them on, I just laughed (WoW effect).
It was amazing to me how so small IEM can be so energetic and fun to listen.TFZ house V-shape signature is probably the best that I have heard, of course not ideal but satisfying in any case, especially for a single dynamic driver.

Cool, cool, I just own the King Pro's from TFZ, I would of probably bought something else from TFZ range, but customs started intercepting my mail and packages, making things non viable from a financial position, although I still chance my luck every now and then. Maybe I will buy another TFZ iem in the future, as I really like my King Pro's.

Also, I bought a pair of iBasso iT03 a few years back and I've only used them once for about 10 minutes, as their weird one size fits all, didn't fit in my ears and only made them really sore, so they sit in my collection doing nothing.

There iT01/S fit me perfectly, and their cables are nice, especially the iT01S cable, it is so good I had to buy a spare cable for it from iBasso. I also like to play the cable game, it's an expensive hobby that we have.

Edit.

Ooops, I forgot to add something that we have both done, buying a set of iem's on looks alone lol.

I did that twice for Kinera seeds, they looked really nice in the photos I saw online, but they have absolutely no bass whatsoever.

I bought the second pair as I was sure the first pair I had was faulty, but the second pair was just as bad.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #32,417 of 33,689
20191227_090244.jpg

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #32,418 of 33,689
Cool, cool, I just own the King Pro's from TFZ, I would of probably bought something else from TFZ range, but customs started intercepting my mail and packages, making things non viable from a financial position, although I still chance my luck every now and then. Maybe I will buy another TFZ iem in the future, as I really like my King Pro's.

Also, I bought a pair of iBasso iT03 a few years back and I've only used them once for about 10 minutes, as their weird one size fits all, didn't fit in my ears and only made them really sore, so they sit in my collection doing nothing.

There iT01/S fit me perfectly, and their cables are nice, especially the iT01S cable, it is so good I had to buy a spare cable for it from iBasso. I also like to play the cable game, it's an expensive hobby that we have.
Another TFZ lover :) Nice collection man ... just beautiful :beerchug:
BTW I'm interested in how you compare KingPro vs No.3 in terms of sound quality

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #32,419 of 33,689
King Pro is nice looking, but if I have to be honest, the Queen has always been the best looking earphone TFZ has IMO.

It’s beautiful. I’ve thought about getting it just based on its looks alone - who cares how it sounds lol

DC9186AB-D8C3-44C8-B770-0785A3C73B11.jpeg85159F66-58CB-4EAD-A70D-1EF22FBD12C0.jpeg81378040-4925-45FB-9C34-D790FEAF977A.jpeg
Those look very similar to the Fiio faceplates.

1605473616007.png

1605473664920.png

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #32,420 of 33,689
I just thought I would post showing some love for my TFZ King Pro, they scream quality due to them being made out of metal and for also having a great shiny colour scheme, red and blue. People keep asking me "whats the name of those iem's you have on and where did you buy them from, as they look cool".

While I don't share your disdain for AliExpress, I do appreciate the King Pro. It's one of my favourite IEMs, even though it is one of the first $100+ I picked up. [$135, I think.]

As you say, it "screams quality" because of its attractive and hefty metal shell. Some people who use them a lot for commuting have experienced the housings falling out of the cable, but mine haven't. It's a home IEM.

The soundstage is immense, compared to what I had at the time. Today, I wouldn't necessarily say it has a "tall" soundstage, but it seems very wide. It still positions voices better than most of my other IEMs. Some registers are a little flatter than I'd like, but overall it is pleasant and mostly inoffensive.

If you want to treat yourself, try listening to Birdland from The Manhattan Transfer Anthology. It sounds like you are in the recording studio with them, right in the middle, while they sing all around you.

And there's other jazz and funk albums I like with the King Pro as well. It's a decent generalist IEM, but I bring it out when there's complex jazz/funk/bebop vocal tracks coming up. It's good with some movie genres too, I forget which ones.

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #32,421 of 33,689
Those look very similar to the Fiio faceplates.

I can't remember who first used the "wavy" faceplate design, Fiio or TFZ? Maybe Fiio but not sure

For me, Tequila1 has the most beautiful design, maybe not so good ergonomics, but the look is really unique.
Too bad they didn't continue with version 2

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #32,422 of 33,689
Another TFZ lover :) Nice collection man ... just beautiful :beerchug:
BTW I'm interested in how you compare KingPro vs No.3 in terms of sound quality

Sure am! I love their single DD offerings, at least. I hear the King Pro as sounding less warm on the low end and having slightly more shout to the vocals. It's got less weight to the notes than the No. 3., which aids some in the clarity on the right side of the spectrum. No. 3 has much more punch and about the same clarity in the low end as well as a little more brightness up top. To me, the mids and treble on the No.3 are more evenly balanced, and the upper bass is just right. The King Pro is more laidback in terms of dynamics, but still has a very pleasant tuning and is a better choice for vocals and acoustic music.

What I've recently discovered is that the No.3 measures pretty similarly to my current favorite IEM, the Fearless S8Z, but with a nice even bass boost and lacking the 6k spike that I have to EQ down in the S8Z. It's no match on technical prowess, but man the No.3 has a great tuning.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #32,423 of 33,689
While I don't share your disdain for AliExpress, I do appreciate the King Pro. It's one of my favourite IEMs, even though it is one of the first $100+ I picked up. [$135, I think.]

As you say, it "screams quality" because of its attractive and hefty metal shell. Some people who use them a lot for commuting have experienced the housings falling out of the cable, but mine haven't. It's a home IEM.

The soundstage is immense, compared to what I had at the time. Today, I wouldn't necessarily say it has a "tall" soundstage, but it seems very wide. It still positions voices better than most of my other IEMs. Some registers are a little flatter than I'd like, but overall it is pleasant and mostly inoffensive.

If you want to treat yourself, try listening to Birdland from The Manhattan Transfer Anthology. It sounds like you are in the recording studio with them, right in the middle, while they sing all around you.

And there's other jazz and funk albums I like with the King Pro as well. It's a decent generalist IEM, but I bring it out when there's complex jazz/funk/bebop vocal tracks coming up. It's good with some movie genres too, I forget which ones.

I dislike Ali because I got ripped off twice, and trying to get a refund is a convoluted process as far as I can remember. It wasn't a huge amount of cash, oh, and they spam your inbox like crazy, and you can tell it's from the as the emails are an exact copy of ali's interface, it's basically an exact copy of ali, but in your spam folder.

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #32,424 of 33,689
, I would of probably bought something else from TFZ range, but customs started intercepting my mail and packages, making things non viable from a financial position, although I still chance my luck every now and then.

So customs just kept stealing only your TFZ IEMs, with no explanation, no apology, and no compensation?

That’s low down man ;(

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #32,425 of 33,689
Sure am! I love their single DD offerings, at least. I hear the King Pro as sounding less warm on the low end and having slightly more shout to the vocals. It's got less weight to the notes than the No. 3., which aids some in the clarity on the right side of the spectrum. No. 3 has much more punch and about the same clarity in the low end as well as a little more brightness up top. To me, the mids and treble on the No.3 are more evenly balanced, and the upper bass is just right. The King Pro is more laidback in terms of dynamics, but still has a very pleasant tuning and is a better choice for vocals and acoustic music.

What I've recently discovered is that the No.3 measures pretty similarly to my current favorite IEM, the Fearless S8Z, but with a nice even bass boost and lacking the 6k spike that I have to EQ down in the S8Z. It's no match on technical prowess, but man the No.3 has a great tuning.
Thanks for this comparison. As expected, the new generation of TFZ drivers is really better tuned in addition to using more modern driver parts.
Probably ergonomics of No.3 is also better given the shell size of the KingPro model

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #32,426 of 33,689
So customs just kept stealing only your TFZ IEMs, with no explanation, no apology, and no compensation?

That’s low down man ;(

No no, what they did was add a customs fee, ( some items were opened up and resealed with customs tape, and I presume they used google to get a rough price of the item ), then they add VAT @20% and then a £12 handling fee for the post office, which is weird, as the post office has to handle your mail anyway to post it.

So it can actually be more expensive than buying the same item in the uk.

some cheap items that I have bought and then got busted, I didn't even bother to pick them up, as royal mail first send you a letter saying that there is an item waiting for you at the local post office and which has a customs fee to pay.

No TFZ item got caught, as I have only bought 1 set of TFZ iem's, and they got delivered without any problems.

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #32,427 of 33,689
No no, what they did was add a customs fee, ( some items were opened up and resealed with customs tape, and I presume they used google to get a rough price of the item ), then they add VAT @20% and then a £12 handling fee for the post office, which is weird, as the post office has to handle your mail anyway to post it.

So it can actually be more expensive than buying the same item in the uk.

some cheap items that I have bought and then got busted, I didn't even bother to pick them up, as royal mail first send you a letter saying that there is an item waiting for you at the local post office and which has a customs fee to pay.

No TFZ item got caught, as I have only bought 1 set of TFZ iem's, and they got delivered without any problems.
True. Recently I was charged £12 something for the Open Heart Resin IEM, yet they cost me £23 (and they are not that great). Without paying the money to Royal Mail they will not let you have them. Mostly they don't charge, but every so often customs pull one from the line.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #32,428 of 33,689
Hello, I am currently looking for a neutral sounding IEM (to test the waters on this sound signature, am coming from KZ-ZSNs and the Final Audio e3000), and will mostly use it to listen to female musicians, orchestras, and Game Soundtracks(Monster Hunter, Metal Gear, etc). As I mentioned earlier, this will mostly be a purchase to "test the waters", but are there any reccommendations of budget (sub $50 IEMS) that will provide a neutral sound signature, with good enough detail and separation.

read good thing about the KBEAR Larks and the Final Audio E1000, but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks

U can read about Tin T2, BQEYZ KC2, HZSound Heart Mirror. The Tin T2 Plus is near neutralish, but more of a U shaped I would say, due to the boosted bass.

Tin T2 is a bit bass anaemic at the subbass. I got rid of my set a few months back, but I think the HZSound Heart Mirror is a true upgrade over it and the BQEYZ KC2.

HZSound Heart Mirror is neutralish bright, fast transients and good technical performance for a single DD. Needs amping though, don't get it if u have a low powered source. The soundstage is not that good too, but it has very accurate timbre for vocals and acoustic instruments, one of the best I've heard at sub $100. HZSound Heart Mirror manages to get vocals forward without being shouty, a very difficult thing to achieve for a budget single DD.

Tin T2 Plus is U shaped, quite good timbre and tonality. Technical performance is about average. Very smooth and non offensive. It has issues with MMCX connectors though, best to buy from Amazon or somewhere where u can get a solid returns policy.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #32,429 of 33,689
U can read about Tin T2, BQEYZ KC2, HZSound Heart Mirror. The Tin T2 Plus is near neutralish, but more of a U shaped I would say, due to the boosted bass.

Tin T2 is a bit bass anaemic at the subbass. I got rid of my set a few months back, but I think the HZSound Heart Mirror is a true upgrade over it and the BQEYZ KC2.

HZSound Heart Mirror is neutralish bright, fast transients and good technical performance for a single DD. Needs amping though, don't get it if u have a low powered source. The soundstage is not that good too, but it has very accurate timbre for vocals and acoustic instruments, one of the best I've heard at sub $100. HZSound Heart Mirror manages to get vocals forward without being shouty, a very difficult thing to achieve for a budget single DD.

Tin T2 Plus is U shaped, quite good timbre and tonality. Technical performance is about average. Very smooth and non offensive. It has issues with MMCX connectors though, best to buy from Amazon or somewhere where u can get a solid returns policy.

Would you say that KC2 is more balanced than HZSound Heart Mirror? I took both.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #32,430 of 33,689
I've definitely come to the conclusion that different people's ears coverage of vents on the Moondrop SSR relates to different sound given the large variants in reviews and both love and hate for it, if I spot a cheap tin t2 plus I'll need to compare it, but overall I find the SSR silky smooth and not sibalent or overly shouty at all I've heard the stafields and it feels to me I get 95% of the quality including amazing soundstage/imaging for a far smaller price, and the fast, detail bass is actually a dream to me, much more fun sounding than the standard t2 (a reason I'm on the fence about trying the t2 plus is my ear canals are physically too small for the thicc T2 nozzles which actually hurt even with the smallest tips, so if anyone could verify the t2 plus's nozzles are thinner, please let me know)

It's actually rather sad to me that reviews don't mention nozzle thickness at all, it can make or break an IEM for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back