Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #32,236 of 33,689
Why not full size headphones? Much more comfortable to wear for hours at a time than IEMs.
Thanks for the recommendation!

The opposite is true for me for my situation. My staples hyken chair perfectly conforms to my body but the problem is that the neck rest intrudes on wide earcup headphones. So I've resorted to headphones like the Aeon closed or hd600's. However I like the feeling of a weightless sound source so I've gone for the Audeze i20's, KSC-75's and IEMs which I've found to be way more comfortable from my experience.

same. most of my listening sessions would be on the bed or sofa with my head resting, so headphones would be a bit inconvenient.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #32,238 of 33,689
Actually the same thing happened to me. I was really into it but for weeks had only listened to it at home at my listening station. Then I tried it even just walking around the house and the left side would lose seal or even fall out really easily. I’ve tried all sorts of different tips and just can’t get a good fit in my left ear (strangely the BLON fits me much better aside from the stock cable). Between the fit issue and the arrival of the NM2+ for my at-home use, I am left with the T2+ not really having a place in my (albeit very small) collection, as much as I love it and especially for the price.

I can’t speak for all ear anatomies, but I don’t see much of anyone having problems with the fit of the FH3, it’s quite solid for me and has great isolation as well.

I concur - although I find the T2 Plus to be very comfortable for long periods of stationary listening, they aren't really suited for portable use as they are easily dislodged by movement and frankly aren't too brilliant in the isolation department. Furthermore, the effective length of the nozzle is on the short and smooth side which has led to the stock tips becoming lodged in my ear after removing the IEM on a number of occasions. They sound wonderful though, I just wish I could use them more.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #32,239 of 33,689
Left to right..

Azla Xelastec Medium
Azla SednaEarfits Light MediumLarge
Azla SednaEarfits Light Short Medium
Thanks all. In my case though (I verified) it’s not really about tip sizing so much as the shell shape and weight distribution. Larger tips just push the IEM out of the ear, appropriately sized tips get the seal broken easily with movement. In fairness my left ear is just weird. It’s all good though. It’s not lIke I’m suffering due to lack of good IEM choices! Just about finding the right tool for the right job.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #32,242 of 33,689
Does any one have recommendation for chinese IEM with price of max 50€. Sound preference is overall balance with the whole signature and some bass, but not too much.

You can read about the Tin T2 Plus. It is a mild U shaped DD set, very well balanced and coherent. Good timbre and tonality. Technicalities are not the best, and it may be occasionally undynamic and boring, but it is very inoffensive and doesn't do much wrong. Do note that there's many forum reports of wonky MMCX connectors on this set (my set included), so it would behoove you to buy it from somewhere with a good returns policy eg Amazon, in case a lemon comes.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #32,243 of 33,689
I will add that even though the fit of the T2+ can be problematic when moving about, it is absolutely wonderful for sleeping! The smooth tonality suits as well. For someone with chronic insomnia the value of this cannot be understated.

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #32,244 of 33,689
I find the imaging quite good on the Thieaudio Legacy 3, and excellent on the Mangird Tea. Neither of them have offensive upper mids. (A question for those that have heard these IEMs, how is the imaging on the ISN H40 and the Penon Orb and would they work well for gaming?)

- Tin T2+
- Jade Audio EA1 (supposedly the same as FiiO FD1)

I've read good things on the Legacy 3 and I've ended up ordering a set. These will be delivered before Christmas so at least I'll get something nice for that :)

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #32,245 of 33,689
- Tin T2+
- Jade Audio EA1 (supposedly the same as FiiO FD1)
I like both these IEMs but the EA1 for me had a very weirdly oblong soundstage, stretched very far left and right but missing central imaging. It gave the continual feeling that the IEMs were not fully inserted. So I probably wouldn’t recommend these for imaging IMO. The T2+ is good, especially for the price.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #32,246 of 33,689
I mostly use the largest size of ear tips. The large Sedna tips are the same diameter as the extra large CP100 tips, 14mm.
Note that Sedna EarFit come in 1/2 sizes. I use M in most tips and Sedna Earfit Light MS were perfect for me, best combination of seal and comfort I've found.

Oct 20, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #32,248 of 33,689
Greetings good people. I am kinda new in this loophole of a hobby and i want to ask for recommendation. I am looking for starter iem which cost around 60$. After few research i am kinda interested in tin t2+ and fiio fd1. I like dynamic and fun sounding iem, tight bass, and wide soundstage. What do you think about those 2 options?

I am a lil bit concerned with the fitting of tin t2+, while some people said that fd1 is too sibilant.

Oct 20, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #32,249 of 33,689
Greetings good people. I am kinda new in this loophole of a hobby and i want to ask for recommendation. I am looking for starter iem which cost around 60$. After few research i am kinda interested in tin t2+ and fiio fd1. I like dynamic and fun sounding iem, tight bass, and wide soundstage. What do you think about those 2 options?

I am a lil bit concerned with the fitting of tin t2+, while some people said that fd1 is too sibilant.

Haven't tried the Fiio FD1.

The Tin T2 Plus is very coherent and balanced in a U shaped smooth non fatiguing polite tuning. Very pleasing and inoffensive, with good timbre and tonality. But for a fun and dynamic sounding set as per your post, you might have to look elsewhere as I find the Tin T2 Plus a bit boring and lacking in dynamics. YMMV. And there's multiple reports of MMCX QC issues in the audio forums (my set included), so if you intend to buy it, best to get it from somewhere with a good returns policy like Amazon, just in case.

Possibly u might read about the KBEAR KB04, it is a V shaped set with good technicalities and quite fun sounding. I think it is a good beginner IEM, though those in the hobby will for sure have something better in sound quality.

Pros of KBEAR KB04:
Cheap, good price to performance ratio
All rounder, good for most music genres
Good fit, comfortable, great build
Above average soundstage width
Above average technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, clarity, details)
Bass on faster side
Easily drivable
2 pin connector (better lifespan than MMCX)

Cons of KBEAR KB04:
Fingerprint magnet for chrome shells, not for the OCD
So so accessories (cable, tips)
Lack of subbass extension/quantity (may be a pro or con depending on your tastes)
Occasional harsh upper mids/lower treble
Slightly thinner note weight, and artificial timbre for treble frequencies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back