Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #32,221 of 33,689
What would be considered as an upgrade to tin t2 plus sound signature with good fit up to $150?
I would consider the FH3 as not too far off from the T2+ sound signature except it’s more biased toward sub-bass and the mids are a bit more forward. I think it’s an upgrade in basically every area especially fit and isolation.

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #32,222 of 33,689
I'm looking for an at-home IEM that leans towards instrument separation and imaging for gaming. Big soundstage is not needed.

For Reference:

I love the Audeze iSine 20 but I need to have a recording software on all the time and having a DSP on means I have to reverse the EQ to normalize everything post process.
I love the FAD E3000 but I would like to keep it strictly for work.
I love the Sennheiser IE80 but after 8 years... it's starting to die on me.
I love the Tin T2 but the housing is developing crackling noises in the audio even though I tried 2 cables for it.
I like the ER4XR but the upper mids are too aggressive for me.

I dislike the KBear KS2 because the treble is murderous.
I dislike the KZ ZS2 for the same reason as the KS2.

I wanted to try the Moondrop Starfield but the paint job has had reports of chipping.

Any suggestions?

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #32,223 of 33,689
I'm looking for an at-home IEM that leans towards instrument separation and imaging for gaming. Big soundstage is not needed.

For Reference:

I love the Audeze iSine 20 but I need to have a recording software on all the time and having a DSP on means I have to reverse the EQ to normalize everything post process.
I love the Tin T2 but the housing is developing crackling noises in the audio even though I tried 2 cables for it.

I wanted to try the Moondrop Starfield but the paint job has had reports of chipping.

Any suggestions?

Tanchjim Oxygen

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #32,224 of 33,689

For Reference:

Any suggestions?

Why not full size headphones? Much more comfortable to wear for hours at a time than IEMs.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #32,225 of 33,689
Tanchjim Oxygen
Thanks for the recommendation!
Why not full size headphones? Much more comfortable to wear for hours at a time than IEMs.
The opposite is true for me for my situation. My staples hyken chair perfectly conforms to my body but the problem is that the neck rest intrudes on wide earcup headphones. So I've resorted to headphones like the Aeon closed or hd600's. However I like the feeling of a weightless sound source so I've gone for the Audeze i20's, KSC-75's and IEMs which I've found to be way more comfortable from my experience.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #32,227 of 33,689
I would consider the FH3 as not too far off from the T2+ sound signature except it’s more biased toward sub-bass and the mids are a bit more forward. I think it’s an upgrade in basically every area especially fit and isolation.
I really love the t2+ sound sig especially for the price - I was astounded. The only issue for me is the fit. While it doesn't fall off or anything, I wonder how it'll (tin t2+ and/or fh3) do once I start traveling as I'll be walking and moving around quite a bit.

Oct 19, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #32,228 of 33,689

For Reference:

Any suggestions?
I find the imaging quite good on the Thieaudio Legacy 3, and excellent on the Mangird Tea. Neither of them have offensive upper mids. (A question for those that have heard these IEMs, how is the imaging on the ISN H40 and the Penon Orb and would they work well for gaming?)

Does any one have recommendation for chinese IEM with price of max 50€. Sound preference is overall balance with the whole signature and some bass, but not too much.
- Tin T2+
- Jade Audio EA1 (supposedly the same as FiiO FD1)

Oct 19, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #32,229 of 33,689
I really love the t2+ sound sig especially for the price - I was astounded. The only issue for me is the fit. While it doesn't fall off or anything, I wonder how it'll (tin t2+ and/or fh3) do once I start traveling as I'll be walking and moving around quite a bit.
Actually the same thing happened to me. I was really into it but for weeks had only listened to it at home at my listening station. Then I tried it even just walking around the house and the left side would lose seal or even fall out really easily. I’ve tried all sorts of different tips and just can’t get a good fit in my left ear (strangely the BLON fits me much better aside from the stock cable). Between the fit issue and the arrival of the NM2+ for my at-home use, I am left with the T2+ not really having a place in my (albeit very small) collection, as much as I love it and especially for the price.

I can’t speak for all ear anatomies, but I don’t see much of anyone having problems with the fit of the FH3, it’s quite solid for me and has great isolation as well.

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #32,230 of 33,689
Actually the same thing happened to me. I was really into it but for weeks had only listened to it at home at my listening station. Then I tried it even just walking around the house and the left side would lose seal or even fall out really easily. I’ve tried all sorts of different tips and just can’t get a good fit in my left ear (strangely the BLON fits me much better aside from the stock cable). Between the fit issue and the arrival of the NM2+ for my at-home use, I am left with the T2+ not really having a place in my (albeit very small) collection, as much as I love it and especially for the price.

I can’t speak for all ear anatomies, but I don’t see much of anyone having problems with the fit of the FH3, it’s quite solid for me and has great isolation as well.
If you like silicone tips, the AZLA SednaEarfit Large size are big.

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #32,233 of 33,689
Bigger than Spinfit CP100 Large?

98F951DE-B51C-460A-BADC-E6AFC8420259.jpeg
FCD894D5-C4C5-4A93-9993-ED6C6E39B9C1.jpeg

Left: Spinfit CP145 Medium.
Right: Azla SednaEarfits Light Short Medium. (They need to change and shorten their product names lol)

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #32,234 of 33,689
Bigger than Spinfit CP100 Large?
I mostly use the largest size of ear tips. The large Sedna tips are the same diameter as the extra large CP100 tips, 14mm.

431A0441-E44A-4D2D-B2E9-E165B0F38197.jpeg2DDC72AC-1E98-4EBF-98A5-08B3CC18A6E9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back