Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #30,226 of 33,689
any JQ 8+1 users here to share their experiences?
I have an immensely pleasurable listen to them. Warm, intimate, mid-centric, lush sounding vocals, surprisingly clear and spacious sounding.
At its price, it is underrated and obliterates many TOTL competitors I've tried.

Mar 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #30,228 of 33,689
the one you having is it 8ba+1est??

nope I’m referring to the first version JQ8+1. v2 with the est drivers seem to improve the already wonderful sound of v1 accordingly to their webpage. It’ll be mind blowing I would imagine.

They’re legit being serious when putting the JQ8+1 v1 against andro, 846 and totl iems. Sadly nobody is talking about this piece and it’s been around for awhile now. Hopefully BGGAR picks one up to review.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #30,229 of 33,689
Yup! The ear tips' bore, whether they're narrow, wide, from side to side, or long, short from front to back can effect the overall sound presence of most IEM's. Plus, silicone, comply, or foam tips, which are different materials causes noticeable changes as well. Just make sure you always have a good seal, since any leakage of sound can cause a false presentation of its original sound signature.

Should i also get the Blon 3... will it be different better or the same from the GM 360?

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #30,232 of 33,689
Should i also get the Blon 3... will it be different better or the same from the GM 360?
They offer slightly different sound signatures and are both really good for their price range. So, if I were you, get the BLON BL03 as well while they're still around! They are a keeper, too!

...The EDIFIER HECATE offers slightly better technicality and micro-details while the BLON BL03 sounds more natural with lifelike timbre.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #30,233 of 33,689
They offer slightly different sound signatures and are both really good for their price range. So, if I were you, get the BLON BL03 as well while they're still around! They are a keeper, too!

...The EDIFIER HECATE offers slightly better technicality and micro-details while the BLON BL03 sounds more natural with lifelike timbre.

@1clearhead - Thanks for your kind insight..now I'm seriously stoke in getting hold of a Edifier Hegate GM360 too :)

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #30,234 of 33,689
I have an immensely pleasurable listen to them. Warm, intimate, mid-centric, lush sounding vocals, surprisingly clear and spacious sounding.
At its price, it is underrated and obliterates many TOTL competitors I've tried.

Audition it for half an hour, never heard other TOTL though, but JQ 8+1 by far is the best iem I've ever heard. There are many many hidden gems out there in fairy world of taobao land.

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #30,235 of 33,689

Audition it for half an hour, never heard other TOTL though, but JQ 8+1 by far is the best iem I've ever heard. There are many many hidden gems out there in fairy world of taobao land.

Thanks for the headsup, didn't even know this brand existed. Is it only sold on taobao?

Looks very nice, I like the dip switches to change the sound signature. And it does incorporate some nice drivers like sonion and knowles. Wish I could try it out!

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #30,236 of 33,689
I’m astounded now creamy and lush at the same time the JQ8+1 can sound. Smooth, crisp top end (energetic but rolled off perfectly).

Subbass doesn’t have great extension but has right amount of warmth and quantity to support a textured and refined mid-bass. Mids are my favourite part: full-sounding, forward and non grating at all like the fearless S8F. If memory serves me right, Fearless has more treble extension, wider soundstage and drier. JQ 8+1 on the other hand sounds darker, fuller and more liquid - I found it more accurate and inviting. Soundstage has huge X & Y axis: prolly almost to the level of Andros.

DM7 and Audiosense T800 (are u kidding) Throw them away already

*note that I have the older JQ8+1 which is out of production but replaced with the second version with 2EST, 6BA and 1DD drivers
Thanks for the headsup, didn't even know this brand existed. Is it only sold on taobao?

Looks very nice, I like the dip switches to change the sound signature. And it does incorporate some nice drivers like sonion and knowles. Wish I could try it out!

yes they’re on Taobao!
i wish I have the funds haha if not I’d definitely pull the trigger :)

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #30,238 of 33,689
My Old JQ8+1Pro (already released from my collection to bought Quloos QA390)
JQ8.jpg
JQ82.jpg
it's indeed one of the best value performer, i rate it better than andro YMMV

maybe i'll save my money to buy their newest 8+1 estat flagship

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #30,239 of 33,689
Mine in all it’s glory, optimised with EA Eros II and QP1R. I realised using foam tips made the sound fuller, more defined and even. With stocks tips it sounded too shallow and odd for me!

B4693BE4-E224-408A-AA01-088C1CE2F03B.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #30,240 of 33,689
Been interested in getting another amp for my desktop setup. Is there anyone else that has 2 different amps on your desktop setup?

Curious about how tube amps sounds like (probably have to get a hybrid since pure tube amps have too much output impedance for iems)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back