Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #30,258 of 33,689
Have you tried these tips? They work excellent for sansa 16mm earbuds. What are those earbuds did you find with 15-16mm driver ?

Whoa, never seen those. Very cool! I wonder if they universally fit other earphones?

Wow, thanks. I’ll check into those :)

Mar 30, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #30,261 of 33,689
Mar 30, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #30,262 of 33,689
Mar 30, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #30,263 of 33,689
Is there someone who can compare the **** vs the **** Pro? I'm really searching for opinions but I'm hella frustrated I cannot find any sort of accurate comparison between the two.
Ahestetically, the old **** is superb and I like it a lot, but if the newer version (the Pro) sounds better I could easily sacrifice the ahestetics.

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #30,264 of 33,689
Mar 30, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #30,265 of 33,689
Is there a way to get a sort of "adapter" that you can put on an earbud and turn it into an IEM similarly to this style?
I'm sorry, I don't know. Slater or Hungry Panda will probably be the best people to ask.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #30,266 of 33,689
Is there someone who can compare the **** vs the **** Pro? I'm really searching for opinions but I'm hella frustrated I cannot find any sort of accurate comparison between the two.
Ahestetically, the old **** is superb and I like it a lot, but if the newer version (the Pro) sounds better I could easily sacrifice the ahestetics.
Here goes: **** is very neutral all the way from the sub-bass through to the upper mids. Treble is a little bit uneven and occasionally thin but has good detail and sparkle. Soundstage is huge courtesy of the vented enclosures. Bass is powerful by way of the excellent extension. Some find the tonality occasionally strange. **** Pro is more V shaped with a bigger bass, slightly recessed mids but still articulate. Treble is smoother and the tonality is more even. Soundstage is just as good as the ****. Build quality is comparable on both models. I prefer the **** Pro though I do like both.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #30,267 of 33,689
Is there a way to get a sort of "adapter" that you can put on an earbud and turn it into an IEM similarly to this style?

That’s basically what I had tried to build a while ago. It didn’t work, but I only had limited materials available. With a 3D printer it would be easy.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #30,268 of 33,689
Here goes: **** is very neutral all the way from the sub-bass through to the upper mids. Treble is a little bit uneven and occasionally thin but has good detail and sparkle. Soundstage is huge courtesy of the vented enclosures. Bass is powerful by way of the excellent extension. Some find the tonality occasionally strange. **** Pro is more V shaped with a bigger bass, slightly recessed mids but still articulate. Treble is smoother and the tonality is more even. Soundstage is just as good as the ****. Build quality is comparable on both models. I prefer the **** Pro though I do like both.
Think I'm pulling the trigger on the **** Pro, I'll maybe ask it from a seller for a review sample to put on my website, and if they don't have samples then Imma buy it and hear :D
Thanks a lot for the simple comparison.
That’s basically what I had tried to build a while ago. It didn’t work, but I only had limited materials available. With a 3D printer it would be easy.
If get a way to make it work somehow or if you find another method I would be interested in knowing. I have a pair of Kbear Knight which I love but cannot wear because I cannot stand earbuds with mx500 size. I can only stand little earbuds like the good old Pioneer SE-CE11 which are very small and does not make me feel sick after 10 minutes.

Mar 30, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #30,269 of 33,689
Think I'm pulling the trigger on the **** Pro, I'll maybe ask it from a seller for a review sample to put on my website, and if they don't have samples then Imma buy it and hear :D
Thanks a lot for the simple comparison.

If get a way to make it work somehow or if you find another method I would be interested in knowing. I have a pair of Kbear Knight which I love but cannot wear because I cannot stand earbuds with mx500 size. I can only stand little earbuds like the good old Pioneer SE-CE11 which are very small and does not make me feel sick after 10 minutes.

I wrote the comparison between original **** and **** Pro long time ago, one among early reviews for **** pro
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-15355907 here

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #30,270 of 33,689
Alright so 2nd item from my 11.11 purchase was arrived 2 days back and I have few sessions with the **** Pro. Not going to write review nor post the pic here of course. Just let me share impressions to buddies that may interested in them.

So **** Pro have more sub bass and bass, and quite well textured, decay is not slow but not too fast too. Same a little mid bass bleed like their predecessor, but the Pro have more sub bass.
They have big bass but not on basshead level and not too punchy hard.
Mids arent forward, decent clarity and great details. A bit thin on female voice. No 3khz shouty peak on high mids.
The highs are quite boosted made them a bit more v shaped (slight v shape not too v shaped) and bright on trebles side but not too worry on 8khz peak there. Just overall bright trebles but they are not harsh, just like trn v90 or BA5 or NX7 pro ( i just received my BA5 too today).
Highs also very detailed and airy, very airy due open back design. For long sessions, trebles can be a bit tiring.

Soundstage also on wide side like the old one, nothing changed here. Same good old stuff.

Timbre part. The main concern of old **** for me is very off timbre. This new Pro version have good timbre. Not the best timbre but i can put them on good timbre. Not off tonality, no metallic sound like zs10 pro, they are good. This in a big improvement from the old one.

Fit wise they are pretty much the same, of you can get good fit with original one, you don't have to worry with the pro version.

Compared to BL03, **** pro have more details more over on high region, more air on upper highs, but can be more tiring for long session. Mids on BLON are more forwarded but clarity, details, resolution i have to give score to **** Pro.
Bass region they have similar mid bass bleed but BL03 a bit more controlled and they have bigger sub bass but still cleaner and tighter than the **** Pro.
Excellent tuning on BL03 is really hard to beat.
Soundstage both are wide with BL03 have more depth but **** Pro more airy.
Instrument separation **** Pro have advantages from their multidriver.

For me **** Pro is an improvement over the original 1, but a bit tiring on highs and i preferred more forwarded midrange and thicker vocals if i can choose. These definitely on same level with BL03 along with ZsX, v90 and others including new BA5, depends on what is your preferences and your most priority section.

BA5 impressions will come later on..

*edit : adding some additional impressions

here for easier read

Users who are viewing this thread

Back