Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 4, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #26,026 of 33,689
That's what I thought too until I tried them with the blue kz tips. Since the tips are quite a bit more shallower they end up fitting radically differently and changing the resonances to a point where they sit better with my ears. That being said, they are still a touch hours but I do prefer them to the BL03 as the I4s resolve quite a bit more and have a much larger soundstage. With the BL03s I find myself going back to the Final E2000s at times. All told, I would still prefer a more balanced signature and will be moving onto something else.
the bass on I4 is interesting, it is very responsive to bass EQ, it can rattle your skull with bass boost, the dynamic driver inside is very good

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #26,029 of 33,689
I was thoroughly enjoying my CCA C16 listening to Brahms clarinet quintet, while reading about praising different IEMs here.
No DDs for me, sorry - a single membrane reproducing all the frequencies at once without distortions and cross-couplings are hard to imagine just plainly or based on physics.
Listening to violins - I do prefer a bit of harshness of BAs, which is close for me to a real sound of a violin that a smoothened out recording of the violin sound, reproduced by a DD. To each their own :)

Waiting for C12 to arrive and hope for C18 or C20 to come :)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #26,030 of 33,689
No DDs for me, sorry
you have DD IEM, better have both types, dynamic driver in ears have lower THD than pure BA in ears

Screenshot (343).png Screenshot (342).png

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #26,035 of 33,689
Distortion gives textures lol. just like slow or fast driver can't say dynamic or BA is better. It's all pretty subjective.
The string players typically use vibrato. The vibrato sound is objectively more pleasant to human ears by the virtue of dampened pure non-distorted string vibrations that sound harsh non-dampened.

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #26,038 of 33,689
My, oh my... Just for register, my impressions are the exact opposite. I guess you guys will have to live with the doubt as very few people have the original kanas to compare.

Vive la diference.

so in essence you find the Blon warmer and more relaxed sounding than the Kanas? because i would be surprised if there's a DD based IEM that would sound more aggressive and have sharper attack than the Kanas..and would definitely interested in one.

I was thoroughly enjoying my CCA C16 listening to Brahms clarinet quintet, while reading about praising different IEMs here.
No DDs for me, sorry - a single membrane reproducing all the frequencies at once without distortions and cross-couplings are hard to imagine just plainly or based on physics.
Listening to violins - I do prefer a bit of harshness of BAs, which is close for me to a real sound of a violin that a smoothened out recording of the violin sound, reproduced by a DD. To each their own :)

Waiting for C12 to arrive and hope for C18 or C20 to come :)

there are single DD IEM that for me achieve better than multi BAs, and also are snappy and not "soft sounding" like the Kanas (and from reviews here, the newer KXXS too), and the old Sony EX1000, EX800. if you want multi DDs, the Tin T2 and Pro also have fast and snappy sound. they even make some BA IEMs sound softer.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #26,039 of 33,689
looking for some insight.

I posted this bit in the help & recommendation forum but there weren't many responses. And the one person who did respond suggested I try here

So I am looking for the following type of IEM

Highs, lows and bass - does not bleed into each other
Highs, lows and bass - where everything is balanced and no one part trying to over take another part.

Highs are not sibilant/fatiguing but present
Mids are not recessed or to forward sounding
Bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.
Sub bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.

I'm not sure if what I am looking for is consider neutral, V shape, U Shape or whatever. I just want a clean sounding IEM where everything sounds balanced.

I have the Westone AM pro 30 and i find that bass sometimes bleed into the mids.
I also have Chi-fi's that were raved about, Kanas Pro and Bgvp dmg. Bgvp dmg just has to much bass for me even with the filter changed. Kanas pro's treble can be a little fatiguing while with and with other songs (ex. Def Leppard) the vocals feels more in the back while the guitar & drums more are front

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #26,040 of 33,689
@FastAndClean Bought the Blon with free same day shipping from Amazon and have been listening to them for a few hours now... And WOW, these are not just incredible IEMs for the price, but incredible IEMs at any price point.
Thanks for sharing this gem. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back