Lookign for recommendation for IEM
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mrconfuse

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for something that's less than $1000 with the following properties

Highs, lows and bass - does not bleed into each other
Highs, lows and bass - where everything is balanced and no one part trying to over take another part.

Highs are not sibilant/fatiguing but present
Mids are not recessed or to forward sounding
Bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.
Sub bass not bloated or over emphasized, should be natural to the recording.

I'm not sure if what I am looking for is consider neutral, V shape, U Shape or whatever. I just want a clean sounding IEM where everything sounds balanced.

I have the Westone AM pro 30 and i find that bass sometimes bleed into the mids.
I also have Chi-fi's that were raved about, Kanas Pro and Bgvp dmg. Bgvp dmg just has to much bass for me even with the filter changed. The Kanas pro had treble which was a little fatiguing with some songs.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes the bass was not as excessive as the BGVP DMG, for certain songs the bass does still bother me but not as much as the BGVP DMG.

I was looking at the Andromeda but then there is a thread in the forum regarding how campfire was using knowles (knock off) drivers in some of their IEMs (from a company called blessing). There is a open suit so I don't know if i want to get into campfire audio for the time being. Any other options besides the Andromeda? I just want something balanced, something that reflects exactly what was recorded.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 5
The only other one that came to my immediate mind with your particulars is the Jerry Harvey 13V2 Pro. It is a bit over $1000, depending on configuration, but may well be worth it. There is a nice recent review on Headfonia, which I consider to be a pretty reliable source. Not sure what your position is on ChFi offerings and I am no expert in ChFi at this price-point, but you might look at the ChFi thread here on Headfi and see what comes up.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you for replying, I did look at the JH 13V2 at my local audio shop (they were having a sale so it was less than 1k) but the body is huge. I could not get it to fit properly even though it did sound very very good. I will post in the Chi-Fi forum and see what they say, I'm not very brand loyal, I only care that they sound good and are of good quality (build wise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back