Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #24,706 of 33,689
Maybe I received a dud over Penon but I heard nothing like that out of my unit and there were many who found them a "big mess".
I had hollow, muddy with weird imaging experience. Gave them to stranger at bus.
Sounds like they were out of phase.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #24,707 of 33,689
I know that it is kind of old but still.... ROSE North Forest, again. 25 bucks and full of positive vibrations :)

Review here: LINK
My blog: LINK

Maybe I received a dud over Penon but I heard nothing like that out of my unit and there were many who found them a "big mess".
I had hollow, muddy with weird imaging experience. Gave them to stranger at bus.
Yeah, the pair I got was one of the worst IEMs I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #24,708 of 33,689

Oh, I was almost placing an order for them because they wouldnt break the bank but you made me hesitate... Perhaps they have changed the tuning? But we all hear differently of course...

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #24,709 of 33,689
Sounds like they were out of phase.
No. They just sounded bad.
Oh, I was almost placing an order for them because they wouldnt break the bank but you made me hesitate... Perhaps they have changed the tuning? But we all hear differently of course...
In this case it is certainly not about hearing things differently. Idk if they fixed issues or pulled-back bad units (unlikely) but I would keep away from those as there are lot of other great options for such price. Also, build quality was so-so, too plasticy feel to everything (they were very lightweight) and fixed cables are also kinda "last century".
I´m sure though that some units were good ones as some ppl gave very good impressions on these. It was my worst IEM ever and I didn`t want to try another one (still don`t).

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #24,710 of 33,689
In this case it is certainly not about hearing things differently.

I think it is because IryxBRO just gave them a positive review. :wink:

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #24,711 of 33,689
Jul 3, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #24,712 of 33,689
25 bucks and full of positive vibrations :)
Review here: LINK
amazing-fox-photos-2.jpg

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #24,713 of 33,689

I didn't like it eaither from the start with regular stock eartips that I am usually using with other IEMs. But with the 2 flanged eartips - sound gets much better. Moreover, we are what we hear - comparing those to GeekWold, HLSX and couple of more budget IEMs I have - those are significantly better. The options that would make a good leap in SQ in my collectin are starting with $45 price.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #24,714 of 33,689
I didn't like it eaither from the start with regular stock eartips that I am usually using with other IEMs. But with the 2 flanged eartips - sound gets much better. Moreover, we are what we hear - comparing those to GeekWold, HLSX and couple of more budget IEMs I have - those are significantly better. The options that would make a good leap in SQ in my collectin are starting with $45 price.

Here's the source of the discrepancy: the R6 Pro makes.everything sound good.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #24,715 of 33,689
Here's the source of the discrepancy: the R6 Pro makes.everything sound good.

Maybe. But you should stick to something in order to eliminate the source difference. It is R6Pro for me now.
Anyway, Rose NF didn't sound thin on mids, dirty on treble, mixed in instruments and too heavy on bass. I can choose any of this options or the combination to describe other budget IEMs I have.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #24,717 of 33,689
These duck heads are available now on AliExpress under the name Ren Teng IX12. The price is really low for 3DD+1BA setup.
5ab4a579N1e659a3b.jpg

Here’s a FR graph if anyone is interested

4019299E-0861-4BC5-B464-CFA1CFFAB068.jpeg

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #24,718 of 33,689
I tried a lot of different tips, not much change to better. HLSX-808 were miles better SQ despite slightly harsh treble (which could be "cured" little with ultra-wide-bore tips).

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #24,719 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back