Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 22, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #22,741 of 33,689
Have you forgotten about the Artiste DC1? You are the reason my husband and I each have one.
No, the DC1 is still a great IEM, but I have been spoilt by the **** and C16!

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #22,743 of 33,689
What do you think is a sane upgrade for commuting using t2 as a benchmark

You mean upgrade for isolation, upgrade for a higher tier of price, or upgrade for technicality/sound quality? Or all the above?

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #22,747 of 33,689
Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #22,748 of 33,689
I would like to share my take on the bass of Moondrop Kanas Pro vs Tanchjim Oxygen from my listening so far.

The Oxygen has more sub-bass quantity than the Kanas Pro and there is better extension. The sub-bass reproduction on the Oxygen provides a stronger rumble. The bass decay on the Oxygen is quicker and the extra agility gives it the edge. The bass texture on the Oxygen is rendered with additional smoothness. The mid-bass on the Oxygen is delivered in a punchy manner with a tighter slam. Each bass note on the Oxygen is articulated with strength and the impact is brought out well. The bass response on the Kanas Pro is softer than the Oxygen with a less full expression.

In my opinion, the Oxygen is better than the Kanas Pro in the bass region. YMMV.

Other aspects will be covered in my full review soon.

Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-03-22_23-00-35.jpg

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #22,749 of 33,689
I would like to share my take on the bass of Moondrop Kanas Pro vs Tanchjim Oxygen from my listening so far.

The Oxygen has more sub-bass quantity than the Kanas Pro and there is better extension. The sub-bass reproduction on the Oxygen provides a stronger rumble. The bass decay on the Oxygen is quicker and the extra agility gives it the edge. The bass texture on the Oxygen is rendered with additional smoothness. The mid-bass on the Oxygen is delivered in a punchy manner with a tighter slam. Each bass note on the Oxygen is articulated with strength and the impact is brought out well. The bass response on the Kanas Pro is softer than the Oxygen with a less full expression.

In my opinion, the Oxygen is better than the Kanas Pro in the bass region. YMMV.

Other aspects will be covered in my full review soon.

Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

try the kpe with tips that comes with mee audio's stuff. using mine with m6 pro 2nd gen tips (the normal single flange silicone) and the bass improved alot imo. my fav tips by far for kpe and i tried alot.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #22,750 of 33,689
try the kpe with tips that comes with mee audio's stuff. using mine with m6 pro 2nd gen tips (the normal single flange silicone) and the bass improved alot imo. my fav tips by far for kpe and i tried alot.
Will give it a try, thanks for the heads-up. For now, to ensure a fair comparison, based on the stock tips, bass on Oxygen is just better than the Kanas Pro with a fuller and more impactful performance. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #22,751 of 33,689
Will give it a try, thanks for the heads-up. For now, to ensure a fair comparison, based on the stock tips, bass on Oxygen is just better than the Kanas Pro with a fuller and more impactful performance. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)
the stock tips on KP are bad, you are not hearing the 100% of their abilities, and the bass of the O2 cant have better extension because KP has no roll of at all, it goes all the way down to 20hz and lower

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #22,752 of 33,689
the stock tips on KP are bad, you are not hearing the 100% of their abilities, and the bass of the O2 cant have better extension because KP has no roll of at all, it goes all the way down to 20hz and lower
Which tips do you use for your KP if I may ask? Cheers! :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #22,754 of 33,689
i use the black tips from the ****, very nice soft tips
Interesting! Thanks for the heads-up. Of course, changing tips can help to fine tune an iem but the same can be done for another iem so based on stock tips alone, I am still on the stand that Oxygen has better bass than the Kanas Pro IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back