Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #22,561 of 33,689
On mine the sub bass is non existing, bass is nothing more than average, mids are acceptable like higs. Soundstage and impact definitely sub par.
Did some tip rolling with not big results.
To increase the bass response you can cover the bass vent with transpore or micropore tape and then poke through the tape with a needle to create a smaller opening than the original port.
Just don't make the opening too small or you'll get lots of driver flex.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #22,563 of 33,689
Just posted my ZS7 review. Enjoy. :point_right:
https://primeaudio.org/kz-zs7-review/

KZ ZS7 connector ports with plaque.jpg

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #22,564 of 33,689
You sure u didn't get a defective unit? Did you do some tip rolling?
I personallt feel there's A LOT of body in the D4, they're even much warm.

Although I wouldn't call the D4 warm they're definitely one of the best budget IEM's I've ever heard and probably the best for the price they're selling. As always YMMV yada yada.....

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #22,565 of 33,689
Although I wouldn't call the D4 warm they're definitely one of the best budget IEM's I've ever heard and probably the best for the price they're selling. As always YMMV yada yada.....

The NiceHCK D4?

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #22,567 of 33,689
Oh Thanks

I understand better my impression and your impression. And effectively it's not aggressive treble but very similar sound

I can use your fr graph too for my review? And youre credited of course !
Yeah they sound similar but ZS6 is definitely more aggressive and sibilant.
As long as credit is given feel free to use my graphs.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #22,568 of 33,689
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #22,569 of 33,689
This is not the right place to post this, but nobody seems to read the Chinese DAP thread so I'll post it here:

So unfortunately my Xduoo X2 just died after an year and a half's usage. Since I really like the X2's bright and energetic sound output, I might as well buy another one. But I might be considering upgrading from the X2 to a similarly sounding DAP, maybe the X3ii. Anyone know whether the X3ii uses the same DAC as the X2? And what are some other good DAP recommendations that sounds exactly like the X2 but more refined?

P.S. I already have an LG V30 so I'm not interested in buying any DAP with a ES9218P dac.

Need some quick answers or otherwise I'm probably gonna jump the gun and buy another X2.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #22,570 of 33,689
Whooohaaa...the upper midrange is a disaster according to your graph. My poor eardrums. Sitting on a KZ S7 review by @loomisjohnson that will go up tomorrow.
It's still a decent iem really. I wish they would do away with the crap cables though.

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #22,572 of 33,689
Sure, but have already have tons of decent KZs.

The ZS7 is exactly what most people asked for. To ‘fix’ the ZS6 by doing 4 things:

1. More/better/deeper low end
2. Mids with a bit more presence (not as recessed)
3. Eliminate the piercing treble spike at 10-11k
4. Add a nozzle lip

They delivered on all points.

I really like mine. Is it perfect and without flaws? Nope, nothing is.

However, when I compare the ZS7, C10, and C16 to KZs original hybrid releases (ZST, ZS5), I can see just how far they’ve come.

What’s my hope for the future of KZ? Less but better models. We don’t need 10+ IEMs released per year (like they did in 2018). That’s just too many. I’d rather see KZ make 2 awesome IEMs per year than 10+ sidegrades.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #22,574 of 33,689
The ZS7 is exactly what most people asked for. To ‘fix’ the ZS6 by doing 4 things:

1. More/better/deeper low end
2. Mids with a bit more presence (not as recessed)
3. Eliminate the piercing treble spike at 10-11k
4. Add a nozzle lip

They delivered on all points.

I really like mine. Is it perfect and without flaws? Nope, nothing is.

However, when I compare the ZS7, C10, and C16 to KZs original hybrid releases (ZST, ZS5), I can see just how far they’ve come.

What’s my hope for the future of KZ? Less but better models. We don’t need 10+ IEMs released per year (like they did in 2018). That’s just too many. I’d rather see KZ make 2 awesome IEMs per year than 10+ sidegrades.
But instead of fewer models, KZ did a "stock split" and created another company. Together, they'll put out even more models.

@crabdog 's FR curve for the ZS7is representative for the latest KZ family.

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #22,575 of 33,689
Advanced sleeper is made for it 20-30 dollars

But i think shure 215 and sennheiser ie 40 pro will do it too
Advanced sleeper look interesting but I doubt they are available in India. Don't want to spend more than $20-$30, so no Senns n Shures.

Brainwavz B100, B200
Both are out of my budget but thanks for the suggestions.

I was thinking to go wireless but don't want to add another device on my charging plugs besides Camera batteries, flash batteries, laptop, phone, dap etc.

Pioneer CH3, Tinaudio T1, ...these don't stick out much.
T1 look heavy, don't think they are ideal as sleeping earphones and also don't want to spend much now. I'm already rocking DM6 as my regular earphones. CH3 look interesting though. How do they sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back