Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 25, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #21,646 of 33,689
Brothers, for those who wants more air and sparkle on their KB100's, you can remove the metal grill on the nozzle, here you can see that the BA's on the nozzle have a filter, you can poke a small hole on these, a needle would do, it sounds like its on steriods!

does it make sound more harsh on upper mid and highs?

actually easier way and doesnt do any permanent damage to your KB100 is just EQ on 6khz and 16khz for air. thats all

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #21,647 of 33,689
I can tolerate the highs bro, i use t2, qt2, and zs6, and it really depends on your source, on my phone its really harsh, but on my walnut v2s, they sound really amazing, and yes EQ on those peaks is also a good idea :D btw you can revert the mod by using a micrope tape :D

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #21,648 of 33,689
Brothers, for those who wants more air and sparkle on their KB100's, you can remove the metal grill on the nozzle, here you can see that the BA's on the nozzle have a filter, you can poke a small hole on these, a needle would do, it sounds like its on steriods!
Acoustune AET07 will help too. Cheers! :)

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #21,649 of 33,689
All the Kanas Pro hype and the original kanas is missed.

Well i got one for myself.

Lovely, @chinmie has heard both and like the original kanas a little more.

The original one (mine) should have more sub bass than the tuned towards neutral Kanas pro.

I can tell it is very tasteful. By memory, It smokes my DMG. You shouldn't trust this anyway, but i'll tell you because a believe it 100%.
(Don't trust memory on Audio devices)

20190125_223133.jpg

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #21,650 of 33,689
Anyone using the BT20 with the Tin Audio T2? I've switched to an iPhone XR and barely use wired IEMs with it...

I’d be happy to try the T2 when my mmcx BT20 arrive. Stay tuned.

I wanted to provide an update on this.

Despite loving the sound of the T2, the fitment has always been awkward. I could never get a good fit when wearing it 'down'. The only way it would even somewhat fit was 'up', with the channels swapped. But even then, the fit was just not that great. Because of that, my T2 sat unused an gathering dust. Which broke my heart, because it is an amazing IEM.

Enter the mmcx BT20.

The current version of the mmcx BT20 uses 90-degree mmcx connectors, which makes compatibility with IEMs extremely hit or miss.

Luckily, because the T2 was originally designed to be worn up or down, this doubles the chances it will fit the BT20.

1. The 'down' configuration (ie Blue T2 as Left, Red T2 as Right):
  • The T2 does NOT work with the BT20 if you use this configuration.
  • In other words, the 'correct' channels (ie Right/Red T2 on Right BT20, and Left/Blue T2 on Left BT20).
  • The T2 ends up pointing away from your ears. If your ears were on the top of your head like a dog or cat, it would work.
2. The 'up' configuration (ie Blue T2 as Right, Red T2 as Left):
  • The T2 works very well in this configuration.
  • In other words, you swap the T2 channels, installing the Right/Red T2 on Left BT20, and the Left/Blue T2 on Right BT20.
It's very comfortable, and the BT20 is an excellent sonic match for the T2. Sounds great (99.9% as good as wired), no hissing, etc.

Obviously, depending on your individual ear anatomy, YMMV.

BTW, the mmcx BT20 is also a GREAT match (fit and sound) for the iBasso IT01 and Magaosi K5.

If I had to rate the fit (for me, and between all of my mmcx IEMs), I would rate it as:
1. iBasso IT01
2. Magaosi K5
3. TinAudio T2
4. Magaosi K3 Pro

I do recommend using SpinFit tips for best fit though. Because the BT20 has preformed ear guides, it is somewhat restrictive depending on your individual ear anatomy. The small amount of angular play in the SpinFit tips really goes a long way to providing a superior fit.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #21,652 of 33,689
More thoughts on the ****:
∆ Three dimensional soundstage
∆ Wonderful open midrange and treble
∆ No crossover artefacts
∆ Superb transient attack
∆ Amazing reproduction of harmonics in violins, cellos and pianos
∆ Linear bass response from sub bass all the way to the mids
At £18 GBP these are an incredible bargain, with good build quality and detachable cables as well. The unique combination of three different driver types is a total success.
They are my present joint favourite along with the C10.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #21,653 of 33,689
∆ No crossover artefacts
At £18 GBP these are an incredible bargain, with good build quality and detachable cables as well. The unique combination of three different driver types is a total success.

Couldn't agree more about the ****.

Think I need the C10 too...

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #21,654 of 33,689
∆ No crossover artefacts

Very interesting. I've noticed that they are open at the back. Do they leak sound a lot?

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #21,655 of 33,689
Very interesting. I've noticed that they are open at the back. Do they leak sound a lot?
I have only listened to them while walking along the road and no one has come up to me and said "that's too loud!" Lol. The truth is, I'm not sure.

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #21,659 of 33,689
After some time with single DDs I pulled out the KA AS10…and was so appalled by its boomy bass and unnatural timbre that I thought there was something wrong with polarity. So I measured the FR and everything was ok. This shows how brainwashed I was when it comes to cheap multis. Here my argument in pictures.

72d75cde36e78a3ece44c2b6473dee332436cf4b.jpeg

fb43d214f946a02f546683e81b52a9495be19acd.jpeg

ee9c51c7cc944726341cebbd06a0a87fc21438dc.jpeg

To be honest, some sparkle in the treble is great, and I prefer a slighltly larger soundstage :)

But your argument is fairly good, and I do agree that even AS10 can be a tad shouty and a bit boomy, although you should try to measure spectral decay as well, it would show why the bass is boomy quite well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back